Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 08-06-2007, 09:15 PM   #1
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Diaz vs Katsidis will be FOTD

Fight of the Decade no question. These guys are going to absolutely go at it. Watched Diaz vs Freitas again last night and the guy is a machine. He just burrows in to his opponents chest and hammers away. BOth guys love to fire back after getting hit. Diaz has the great jab, but he has admited that the inner "mexican" in him takes over at times. I get the feeling he will want to make a statement and go to war with katsidis. The fight is going to be dead set insane. Bomb after bomb. I fully expect Katsidis to come out pumped up t the max, and look to tear his head off. Blood and Guts war. This is a fight that definitely needs to be made.
MSTR is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2007, 09:26 PM   #2
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Diaz vs Katsidis will be FOTD

They match up so well, but Diaz is by far a better boxer but saying that id still pick Kat to overpower him. Diaz shouldnt brawl with Kat, but he wont be able to help himself.
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2007, 09:31 PM   #3
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Fight of the Decade no question. These guys are going to absolutely go at it. Watched Diaz vs Freitas again last night and the guy is a machine. He just burrows in to his opponents chest and hammers away. BOth guys love to fire back after getting hit. Diaz has the great jab, but he has admited that the inner "mexican" in him takes over at times. I get the feeling he will want to make a statement and go to war with katsidis. The fight is going to be dead set insane. Bomb after bomb. I fully expect Katsidis to come out pumped up t the max, and look to tear his head off. Blood and Guts war. This is a fight that definitely needs to be made.
The Baby Bull can definetly bang - his body shots are just devistating. Kat works the head alot, Diaz works the body; this would be like Ward and Gatti! I think Diaz has the upper hand because of his effective jab which racks up alot of points but anything can happen when Kat is in the ring! WAR!!!
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2007, 10:57 PM   #4
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

I am so pumped up for this fight. Almost more so then Cotto vs Mosley! I love watching both of these guys fight. I hope in future Katsidis takes a leaf out of Diaz's book and fights like a pressure fighter. IMO he looked very amatuerish the times he tried to box. WOuld love to see him jump in there from the get go and just look to overpower his opponents. His power is great, but I think that the handspeed of Katsidis is underrated. He is very explosive. Diaz is technically better, but i just get the feeling he will get drawn into a war at times. If he boxes he can win, but i can see this very quickly turning into a slug fest.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2007, 11:15 PM   #5
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
I am so pumped up for this fight. Almost more so then Cotto vs Mosley! I love watching both of these guys fight. I hope in future Katsidis takes a leaf out of Diaz's book and fights like a pressure fighter. IMO he looked very amatuerish the times he tried to box. WOuld love to see him jump in there from the get go and just look to overpower his opponents. His power is great, but I think that the handspeed of Katsidis is underrated. He is very explosive. Diaz is technically better, but i just get the feeling he will get drawn into a war at times. If he boxes he can win, but i can see this very quickly turning into a slug fest.
what are the chances of this happening do you think? first mandatory after diaz gets unification?
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2007, 11:43 PM   #6
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Its gonna be great!!!!

Cant wait for it, I do expect Baby bull to win clearly though.

He just works so hard and never seems tired.
Rocky is a monster but can be pretty inconsistent, put it down to his lack of experience at the top level. His last fight was a good learning experience for him because he got 12 hard rounds and had to fight injured for almost the entirety. But is he ready for the kind of pressure and skills Diaz will bring?

I could definitely see Diaz boxing, then getting pulled into a scrap, then being forced to box again. If Rocky can take advantage of the times that Diaz brawls then he could pull it off, I do feel however that Rocky isnt the best finisher yet. He is more of a beat down kind of guy at the moment.

I sincerly doubt Katsidas can get a decision against him though, Juan will be picking up points to often.

Cant wait.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 12:14 AM   #7
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing_banker
what are the chances of this happening do you think? first mandatory after diaz gets unification?
I think there is a good chance of it coming off after his unification bout with the other Diaz. Guys like Juan don't duck other top fighters, and they would be fully aware of the public interest in this bout. It would generate good ppv $ IMO.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 12:43 AM   #8
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
Its gonna be great!!!!

Cant wait for it, I do expect Baby bull to win clearly though.

He just works so hard and never seems tired.
Rocky is a monster but can be pretty inconsistent, put it down to his lack of experience at the top level. His last fight was a good learning experience for him because he got 12 hard rounds and had to fight injured for almost the entirety. But is he ready for the kind of pressure and skills Diaz will bring?

I could definitely see Diaz boxing, then getting pulled into a scrap, then being forced to box again. If Rocky can take advantage of the times that Diaz brawls then he could pull it off, I do feel however that Rocky isnt the best finisher yet. He is more of a beat down kind of guy at the moment.

I sincerly doubt Katsidas can get a decision against him though, Juan will be picking up points to often.

Cant wait.
I don't know if Katsidis can handle the pace that Diaz fights at. Diaz is probably one of the fightest fightest in boxing right now. He fought at a fanatical pace against Freitas, and didn't even look tired, where as Freitas in comparison was dead. Katsidis likes to fight in spurts which against a guy like Diaz will be hard to do. Katsidis will no doubt come into the fight in fantastic shape however.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 01:51 AM   #9
Barge FTA
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Diaz can cement his legacy as one of the greatest fighters in the division when he beats Katsidis!
Barge FTA is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 02:26 AM   #10
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barge FTA
Diaz can cement his legacy as one of the greatest fighters in the division when he beats Katsidis!
did you pull your but plug out so you can sit at your desk and post, you ****in faggot !! put it back in your mouth and shut up you shit eating ****smoker!!
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 02:26 AM   #11
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barge FTA
So you admit that Katsidas is such an important win that its a legacy buliding fight for Diaz? To make him great. You dont get great by fighting bums.

Thats the nicest thing you have ever said about Katsidas, Barge.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 02:35 AM   #12
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
So you admit that Katsidas is such an important win that its a legacy buliding fight for Diaz? To make him great. You dont get great by fighting bums.

Thats the nicest thing you have ever said about Katsidas, Barge.
hahaha..... Good point. Personally I don't think this is legacy building at all for Diaz. Katsidis is completely unproven to be honest. Barge slipped up big time.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 02:37 AM   #13
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
did you pull your but plug out so you can sit at your desk and post, you ****in faggot !! put it back in your mouth and shut up you shit eating ****smoker!!
Man you really hate Barge. He isn't that bad, I like him 10 times better then the nuthuggers thats for sure. Only on the AUssie forum could you have conversations like this. I love it. Its like the most primitive/hilarious forum on ESB. Who needs politics when you can just give someone a verbal beating hahaha.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 02:44 AM   #14
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

Too right, and ill keep it up
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 03:20 AM   #15
Sai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 110

Would be great to watch thats for sure. At this stage though, Katsidis just isnt refined enough for a truely world class opponent. A couple more fights against decent gatekeeper types and if hes still unbeaten and looking good, then this is the kind of fight that needs to be made.

With his last win Kat really got a lot of exposure and some new fans. Hes just got to keep the ball rolling and start moving up in quality of opposition. I cant ****ing wait for him to have a crack at a real belt though, cos you know hes going to go balls to the wall for it.
Sai is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum