Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 06-22-2007, 02:50 PM   #1
sandwichsurgeon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Twitching muscles

I don't know what it is but sometimes some of my main muscle groups start twitching e.g. pecs, calvs tri's etc, do any of you guys get this and what is it? Another problem i sometimes get is that i have pains in my chest (usually in bed) and a few times the pain has kind of spread to my shoulders and arms, i'm still pretty young so could this be growing pains or something cos i'm not sure what to do.

TY
sandwichsurgeon is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2007, 03:53 PM   #2
yung-gun1

Default Re: Twitching muscles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwichsurgeon
I don't know what it is but sometimes some of my main muscle groups start twitching e.g. pecs, calvs tri's etc, do any of you guys get this and what is it? Another problem i sometimes get is that i have pains in my chest (usually in bed) and a few times the pain has kind of spread to my shoulders and arms, i'm still pretty young so could this be growing pains or something cos i'm not sure what to do.

TY
My muscles twitch too. I dont think its anything serious, sometimes its cool lol. but most of times its annoying.

About the pain idk. Sometimes I get sharp pain in my torso but i figured out what that is. It happens when i work out and i drink milk before...soooo
yung-gun1 is offline  Top
Old 06-22-2007, 10:31 PM   #3
chinachin_76
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Muscle twitches have a variety of causes, the majority of which are benign, but can also be due to disease of the motor neurons. Inadequate magnesium intake can cause muscle twitches. Increased intake of foods rich in magnesium, especially almonds & other nuts, and bananas can lift your magnesium levels. Ironically, magnesium supplements may result in diarrhea and more magnesium loss. Muscle twitching also often occurs during a rest period after sustained stress, such as that brought on by unconsciously tense muscles. Reducing stress and anxiety is therefore another useful treatment.

As for as that pain your experiencing in your chest, I don't know what's causing it but I hope it's only growing pains and not kidney or heart pains. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. If it becomes a concern go see a doctor.
chinachin_76 is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 10:04 PM   #4
atg

Yeah, I think most people get the twitches I know I do. Seems to happen the night or day after working out.
atg is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 10:25 PM   #5
yung-gun1

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
yung-gun1 is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 12:03 AM   #6
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Im like most I ALWAYS get them the night or a day after a good physical workout. It dont hurt at all it just feels alittle funny.
jimmie is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing