Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 08-07-2007, 06:31 PM   #1
Russell
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 118
Default De La Hoya...

Out of curiousity, has he ever been robbed, or has his popularity and style made that less likely to happen than it does to his opponants?

Questionable decisions that he's been involved in are his fights with Whitaker, Sturm, and the Trinidad fight. I've heard the stories for all of those more than once.

What were the issues surrounding the Quartey fight? What way do you felt that one should of gone?

Same thing for the Mosely fights. I know the Trinidad fight, for example, was questionable of later rounds slipping past, but what were the stories behind the Mosely fights and the Quartey one?

I'm curious.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Russell is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2007, 06:39 PM   #2
Russell
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Default Re: De La Hoya...

How did Sturm and Ike have his number, exactly? I'm curious as to why he lost...
Russell is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 06:40 PM   #3
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

The Whitaker fight was a close one that was tough to score. I had it 113-113, but I have no problem with either guy winning.

The Quartey fight you can give to Oscar, but you have to be generous. A ridiculous statement that I often hear is that Oscar somehow "clearly sealed the win in the 12th". Complete and utter nonsense.

The fight wasn't even that hard to score. If you're generous to Oscar, DLH is ahead 3-2 after 5. It can easily be 3-2 Ike or 2-2-1. Then in the 6th, both guys go down, but Ike does the better work after the KDs and controls the rest of the round, so that's a Quartey round. From rounds 7 through 11, neither guy did much, Oscar did even less than Quartey. You can give DLH 2 of those 5 rounds if you're generous to DLH. Then in the 12th, DLH drops and hurts Quartey. It wasn't enough to be a 10-7 IMO, since Oscar punched himself out and did nothing for the last 1:50. And although Quartey was seriously hurt, Oscar was still missing a lot of shots when Ike was in the corner, and it was a 10-8 round. I had it 114-113 Quartey.

For the Trinidad fight, I had DLH winning 115-114. It wasn't as one-sided as people say, especially how Jim Lampley went nuts after the flurries by Oscar. I had round 1 even, rounds 2-3 for DLH, round 4 for Tito, rounds 5-7 for DLH, round 8 for Tito, round 9 for DLH, rounds 10-12 for DLH. For all the talk about how Oscar ran from round 9 on after dominating....Oscar still did the better work in round 9 to me. Round 8 was actually the closer round, which I gave to Tito.

I had DLH winning the Mosley rematch 115-113. Tough fight to score.

I had Sturm beating DLH, either 7-5 or 8-4. Can't remember.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 06:41 PM   #4
Russell
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Good input Erratic Behavior, thank you.
Russell is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 06:43 PM   #5
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Oh, and I had the Mayweather-DLH fight 8-4 for Floyd. DLH did a very good job on defense parrying lots of Mayweather's shots. The problem was, his offense was even more anemic than Mayweather's.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 06:44 PM   #6
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict

vCash: 623

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobkhan
I had him losing the Whitaker, Sturm and Quartey fight but he won on the cards. I had him winning Trinidad and Mosley II but he lost both on the cards.
Fab2333 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum