Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-08-2007, 07:44 PM   #61
JMotrain
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Opinion: Greatest Head to Head Heavyweight ATG.

The same Lewis who got his lights put out by 2 journeymen, who struggled with Bruno and Mercer, and a past it Holyfield, is going to beat every HW out there?

Hmmm I don't think so.
JMotrain is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2007, 08:13 PM   #62
Malph
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Then how did Tua drive Lewis back at times in their fight? He's maybe a 3rd of a prime Tyson's skill and a 4th of his speed and tenacity.

Tyson drove Holmes back and stopped him in 4, a past prime Holmes but still a very solid Holmes, he could easily do the same to Lennox Lewis.

Tyson/Lewis is easy pickings for Tyson, I don't understand how you think Lewis will wear him down and stop him, let alone make it out of the first 5 rounds with a guy who has a complete stylistic advantage over Lennox.
Amsterdam, with all due respect, I was at that fight (Lewis vs Tua). Lewis made Tua look like an oaf. Lewis completely outboxed Tua, making him miss and causing him to be constantly off balance. Lewis handled him easily. It was a boring fight to watch without much real action, but it was evident that Lewis was in a completely different league as far as boxing ability/ring movement went. I was pulling for Tua, but I saw nothing at that fight that made me think he even belonged in the same ring as Lewis.
Malph is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2007, 08:15 PM   #63
Stewbear
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malph
Amsterdam, with all due respect, I was at that fight (Lewis vs Tua). Lewis made Tua look like an oaf. Lewis completely outboxed Tua, making him miss and causing him to be constantly off balance. Lewis handled him easily. It was a boring fight to watch without much real action, but it was evident that Lewis was in a completely different league as far as boxing ability/ring movement went. I was pulling for Tua, but I saw nothing at that fight that made me think he even belonged in the same ring as Lewis.
lol people crazy trying to use the tua fight Lewis fought a complete shut out against one of the biggest punchers ever!
And though Lewis' reflexes had visibly slowed by this time he proved his chin by taking the best tua had to offer.
Stewbear is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2007, 08:15 PM   #64
JMotrain
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malph
Tua weighed 475 pounds when he fought Lewis, of course Lewis dominated him with ease.
JMotrain is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 05:14 PM   #65
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba
Louis has teh style to beat ALI??? Thats shows your lack of knowledge because it is exactly the opposite. Its these kind of fighters that Ali will eat up and toy with.

Ali could never TOY with Joe Louis, the type of fighters Ali had trouble with were fighters with decent speed and power, Cooper Almost had Ali done(ripped Glove) Doug Jones (below decent power) Frazier (fast Hook and power) Norton ( decent speed and power) Jimmy Young (good speed, less than decent power) None of these men mentioned had the power and speed of combo Of Louis, Ali would be able to run and stick for a few rounds but Joe was patient, he would counter Ali with the hook and the power jab (louis had a great one) Ali had trouble with good hookers and Joe was one of the best, he had a long one a short one and a in - between one. Ali could not toy with Louis and the only thing he may eat is ring resin, Study your films kid and look at the kind of fighters Ali lost to, then put Louis in there place and then honestly tell me Ali would Toy with and eat up Joe Louis and lets see WHO suffers from a Lack of Knowledge
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 05:18 PM   #66
Alo2006
R.I.P Sean Taylor
ESB Addict

Ali
Alo2006 is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 05:20 PM   #67
MagnificentMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Looks like i started a great post, havent payed attention to it since it got past 3
pages...haha
MagnificentMatt is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 05:20 PM   #68
MagnificentMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

double.
MagnificentMatt is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 05:21 PM   #69
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba
Im talking about a significant punch
Folley won all of the early rounds, they were pretty significant punches. Ali had a great chin, great footwork and is elusive, but he is definitley hittable from a guy like Lewis at his peak.

Lewis would produce better punches that Folley and they'd have more leverage on them. I think he'd KO Ali personally.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 07:06 PM   #70
Sakura
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
Lewis took full bombs from Tua all fight long, it's safe to say given that and all the other shots he took without going down in his whole career, that he had a pretty damn good chin. He got caught twice against Rahman and McCall, both big punchers, and he got up after McCall anyway, the ref just decided to stop it. Against Rahman, he clearly was not in the best of shape and basically gave a big puncher a shot at his chin. He has taken other big shots when at his best and didn't fall, and won the two rematches by stoppage against those two. Lennox Lewis had a good chin. And was a top Heavyweight of all time.

Hmm..what that tells a lewis if very average and small fighter a like Tua can punch him all night? It didn't happen..most punches which tua land was not full hits.
Sakura is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 08:02 AM   #71
sivaru
Fire
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBCboxer
I pick prime Tyson head to head over anybody just because of his great balance of speed and power.
damn straight
sivaru is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 08:34 AM   #72
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

1 - Muhamad Ali
2 - Joe Louis
3 - Sonny Liston
4 - Lennox Lewis
5 - Mike Tyson

That's how I feel about it.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 08:39 AM   #73
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Ali.
Asterion is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 09:04 AM   #74
jusren2
Journeyman

I love L. Lewis and George Foreman. Great fighters with different styles but same results. Foreman KO's L.L. in the thir round. But they would be a great 8 minutes.
jusren2 is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 09:05 AM   #75
Sakura
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbuz
Well there are fighters who would give every fighter hell because of style matchups. A prime Tyson would give Lennox hell, a prime Holmes would give Lennox hell. Ali did fight a 6'6 - 6'7 fighter by the way, in the form of Ernie Terrell. Who was regarded as an excellent fighter at the time, and Ali didn't lose a round. Of course, he fought differently to Lennox/Klits, however the size factor was conquered very convincingly.
Ernie weights only 212lb same as Ali
Sakura is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum