Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2007, 03:42 PM   #1
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nur der HSV
Posts: 293
vCash: 1000
Default Congrats Wladimir

Marvelous fight, one of his best ever, imo, he stuck to his gameplan, destroyed the man round by round, actually he took him apart, handed him such a onesided beating. What a sight seeing Brewster head snapped back by each of Wlad´s accurate jabs. Such a complete fighter at this stage of his career, outstanding jab, left- right, left hook, single straight right hand thrown over Brewster non existing lead defense. Very good lateral movement that I had hardly seen to this extent by him. He took his time, didnt rush it, even when the ignorant german crowd actually started booing during some of the very few tamer moments in the match.

Wlad redeemed himself big time. He should be considered p4p material now, definitely the best heavy around, undisputedly, but maybe there s more to come, maybe he can become an ATG fighter, hes only 31 after all, thats no age for a heavy, despite the fact he started out very young. I hear you say lets not go overboard with praise now, but I say credit where its due, Wlad had been accused of ducking the fighters that could pose him problems stylewise, well ,he beat peter and now he has dismantled Brwester.

But the question that bothers me, especially seeing that Vitali was labelled a quitter after he had to retire with a torn rotator cuff in the Byrd fight, is, can Brwester be called a quitter now? I know it was McGirt who ended it, not Brewster himself, Lame-an looked fatigued in the interval and hardly able to respond to his coach, and I have little doubt he couldnt have gone on much longer, but what had he been expecting? It was clear Wlad was the technically much better fighter, he had already been just that in the first fight, Brwester had to go for broke if he really intended to win, had to take chances. he was denied just that in the first 6 rounds but he should have kept on trying. Until the very bitter end, which very likely would have seen him in the ring dust.

Brewster - a quitter?
Flurry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2007, 04:16 PM   #2
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Albania
Posts: 1,303
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Congrats Wladimir

Of coursa is quiter who knows how much he takes from Wlad to let him to beat him .
Artani is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:25 PM   #3
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: And the NEW...
Posts: 6,008
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Congrats Wladimir

Exceptional performance by the big man, showing why his jab is #1 in boxing today. You can tell Wlad was motivated for this one, he really wanted to erase what happened in their first meeting.
Axe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:31 AM   #4
limi_7
Lion
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 50
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Congrats Wladimir

I want everyone to understand my opinion. Brewster similar to many fighters have personal interests. Victory/fame/money and pride is the number one objective for many fighters. There comes a time; the prime when a boxer is at its best and shows what he is made of. Brewster is past his prime.

Every boxers dream is the belt and world recognition. These boxers are motivated by fans and passion for the sport of boxing. Their main interest is victory. When one fails, or is prone to failure, he looks into a different direction. A forefeit. Simply a boxer may have the upmost passion for his fans, but his interest is clearly himselft and his family. Brewster in regards to the forefeit of wlad-brewster match was a great/intelligent idea. We the fans of boxing have witnessed a better boxer than previously thought. Wlad from the begining dominated and was clearly going to end brewster in a devastating KO.

Brewster in my opinion is no way near a quitter. It was a decision discussed between him and his trainer and that decision was a good one. Why suffer and endager your personal health when you know you have no chance of victory. This is not a quitting matter rather than a personal interest. Let me remind everyone that boxing is the most dangerous sport when it comes to health. Repetetive punches to the head cause the brain to hit the skull numerous times, thus resulting in brain damage. Boxing is my favorite sport, but you cannot criticize its toughness unless you perform it yourself. Call him a quitter or a warrior the reality does not change. He is considered a proffesional fighter because he posses proffesional abilities. Great chin, hammer hitting punches and good stamina make brewster for what he really is.
limi_7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:59 AM   #5
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 2,700
vCash: 1151
Default Re: Congrats Wladimir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artani
Of coursa is quiter who knows how much he takes from Wlad to let him to beat him .

Come on, man. You told us that 3 million Albanians would be behind Brewster. Now you are calling him a quitter. Should I remind you how Luani Krasniqi quit against Brewster?
Ivo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:14 AM   #6
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,777
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Congrats Wladimir

the fight panned out as i hoped and predicted with the only thing that i did not forsee was brewster being stopped .

i thought wlad was calmer under pressure, used his legs and used the jab constantly to not let brewster get set.

wlad`s timing was very good .

there were some murmors from the american side of esb saying brewster never tried etc etc, i think they are influenced by american commentary.

i know they were a few weeks ago when many american posters mimicked the commentators who put down castillo ,and thus belittled hatton`s win.

that seems to be happening in some quarter`s in the aftermath of this fight.

IMO brewster of 10 years ago/5 years ago etc etc would have not been able to do a single thing different.
i called a tua v lewis shutout type fight and what happened was even more conclusive.

props to wlad, and i enjoyed the fight.
sean is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:20 PM   #7
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,528
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Congrats Wladimir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry
Marvelous fight, one of his best ever, imo, he stuck to his gameplan, destroyed the man round by round, actually he took him apart, handed him such a onesided beating. What a sight seeing Brewster head snapped back by each of Wlad´s accurate jabs. Such a complete fighter at this stage of his career, outstanding jab, left- right, left hook, single straight right hand thrown over Brewster non existing lead defense. Very good lateral movement that I had hardly seen to this extent by him. He took his time, didnt rush it, even when the ignorant german crowd actually started booing during some of the very few tamer moments in the match.

Wlad redeemed himself big time. He should be considered p4p material now, definitely the best heavy around, undisputedly, but maybe there s more to come, maybe he can become an ATG fighter, hes only 31 after all, thats no age for a heavy, despite the fact he started out very young. I hear you say lets not go overboard with praise now, but I say credit where its due, Wlad had been accused of ducking the fighters that could pose him problems stylewise, well ,he beat peter and now he has dismantled Brwester.

But the question that bothers me, especially seeing that Vitali was labelled a quitter after he had to retire with a torn rotator cuff in the Byrd fight, is, can Brwester be called a quitter now? I know it was McGirt who ended it, not Brewster himself, Lame-an looked fatigued in the interval and hardly able to respond to his coach, and I have little doubt he couldnt have gone on much longer, but what had he been expecting? It was clear Wlad was the technically much better fighter, he had already been just that in the first fight, Brwester had to go for broke if he really intended to win, had to take chances. he was denied just that in the first 6 rounds but he should have kept on trying. Until the very bitter end, which very likely would have seen him in the ring dust.

Brewster - a quitter?

He made Brewster look like a clumsy rookie.Wlad showed an almost flawless performance.Props to Wlad for that fantastic display of the art of boxing!
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:59 PM   #8
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Albania
Posts: 1,303
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Congrats Wladimir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Come on, man. You told us that 3 million Albanians would be behind Brewster. Now you are calling him a quitter. Should I remind you how Luani Krasniqi quit against Brewster?
Remember first fight Ivo , Brewster was down in round four and he get up and wins match one round later. When he knock down Wladimir he coudent to stay in his legs, his team put cher to sit for little bit , later Wlad coudent to continue. Know Brewster stoped match, unbelive hot do this thinks . He was beaten also by Lykhavoich for 12 rounds and broke his eye and dident stop, also Krasniqi beat him for 9 rounds and dident stop after his wins with Krasniqi he coudent to take high his rams, remember all this fights of Brewster and will say reality.

I think the fight was fixed, i am 1 milion procent sur on that.
Artani is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:15 PM   #9
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,303
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Congrats Wladimir

You're the one who don't seem to remember the first fight too well yourself, Artani, Wlad wasn't knocked down in the fight he got a standing 8 count and was stopped on his feet.

You want to talk about fixed fights? Remember the 20 second count Krasquitti got against Brewster only to quit soon after anyway? How's that?
NBT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:23 PM   #10
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Albania
Posts: 1,303
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Congrats Wladimir

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT
You're the one who don't seem to remember the first fight too well yourself, Artani, Wlad wasn't knocked down in the fight he got a standing 8 count and was stopped on his feet.

You want to talk about fixed fights? Remember the 20 second count Krasquitti got against Brewster only to quit soon after anyway? How's that?
Maybe the same this fight was fixed . Krasniqi will beat him, Krasniqi beat Wlad every time . Vitali is diferent story, repect for Vitali .
About first fight Wlad - Brewster , doesent mather that refere count till eight the secand time you will not call knock down when Wlad down and refere coudent to safe him.

The true is that Brewster dident want to fight .....
Artani is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:50 PM   #11
Sakura
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,803
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Congrats Wladimir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artani
Maybe the same this fight was fixed . Krasniqi will beat him, Krasniqi beat Wlad every time . Vitali is diferent story, repect for Vitali .
About first fight Wlad - Brewster , doesent mather that refere count till eight the secand time you will not call knock down when Wlad down and refere coudent to safe him.

The true is that Brewster dident want to fight .....
Don't say it..maybe your dream fight, between Krasnigi and Wladimir come true.
Sakura is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:31 PM   #12
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,303
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Congrats Wladimir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artani
Krasniqi will beat him, Krasniqi beat Wlad every time.
I'm sure it won't happen since Krasquitti doesn't deserve it, brings less than nothing to the table and would only waste Wlads time but in a sadist kind of way I hope this fight comes off.
NBT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:29 PM   #13
limi_7
Lion
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 50
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Congrats Wladimir

A lot people tend to underestimate krasniqi but he is a solid fighter. HE has skills, tough chin and would give wlad a lot of trouble. If this fight was to happen, I would go with krasniqi.
limi_7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:19 PM   #14
limi_7
Lion
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 50
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Congrats Wladimir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson
It does not suprise me that 3 million Albanians woudl support Brewster over Klitschko. After all are not Albanians the Blacks of Europe.
First of all, racist comments and prejudice should stay of this forum. YOu should be banned for such statements. By the way no one gives a f**k what you think of albanians, after all ur nothing but a looser, a newbie in this forum so keep ur disturbed opinions to yourself. By the way why would 3 million albanians be rooting for brewster when he KO luan do the math dude. Dont post stupid comments and ask for pity ur disgrace to this forum.
limi_7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:02 AM   #15
chliJs
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: germany
Posts: 485
vCash: 850
Default Re: Congrats Wladimir

Quote:
Originally Posted by limi_7
A lot people tend to underestimate krasniqi but he is a solid fighter. HE has skills, tough chin and would give wlad a lot of trouble. If this fight was to happen, I would go with krasniqi.
i like krasniqi, and i also think he's underrated. but NEVER will he give wlad a lot of trouble. he won't even slightly trouble him.
chliJs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013