Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 01-03-2009, 06:31 PM   #16
MagnificentMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: roadwork?

I do the same as Time4SumAksion(Awesome name btw..) Just do long runs with random sprints in between, also, I read on a running website that the intensity of the sprint is less important than returning to a good speed after the sprint..(Cnt remember where, I will show link if possible)

Not saying I dont bust my ass on sprints haha(is it possible not to?) but I dont do 100% sprints very often, maybe 5 times a run or some ish.
MagnificentMatt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2009, 04:13 AM   #17
Time4SomeAction

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentMatt View Post
I do the same as Time4SumAksion(Awesome name btw..) Just do long runs with random sprints in between, also, I read on a running website that the intensity of the sprint is less important than returning to a good speed after the sprint..(Cnt remember where, I will show link if possible)

Not saying I dont bust my ass on sprints haha(is it possible not to?) but I dont do 100% sprints very often, maybe 5 times a run or some ish.
Thats´exactly my opinion. It doesn´t take you to the next level when you do the sprints with 100% and then you are exhausted. The same in the ring "between a good tempo again and again fast and many punches" If you must take a breath after the flurry only gets your opponent back in the fight.
1) If the other boxer will engage with you fine...he will be finished if he´s unaccustomed.
2) If he don´t respond than you have the edge on points and can do what you wanna do.
Time4SomeAction is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2009, 05:32 AM   #18
The Predator
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4SomeAction View Post
Thats´exactly my opinion. It doesn´t take you to the next level when you do the sprints with 100% and then you are exhausted. The same in the ring "between a good tempo again and again fast and many punches" If you must take a breath after the flurry only gets your opponent back in the fight.
1) If the other boxer will engage with you fine...he will be finished if he´s unaccustomed.
2) If he don´t respond than you have the edge on points and can do what you wanna do.

True. For me it has worked well over the years running this way and since I Like to stick and move and dance a lot in the ring it has been the best way (so far) for me to get and keep in shape.
but one thing is sure, as an old trainer told me for a long time ago "if you don´t do your roadwork, stay out of the ring"
All the best
the predator
The Predator is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing