Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-09-2007, 02:25 PM   #1
JERMZ BOXING
Mr. Know-it-all
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Castillo the best Mayweather ever faced??

everyone talks about how mayweather hasnt fought a prime guy..and i thought about it....u know ..it's true... manfredy was overthe hill, corley aint shit...judah is a fluke to me... baldomir old ish with c+ skills... Gatti was a coorpse.... Oscar was 5-8 years passed his peak.. Corrales was an open target....the only person to ever give mayweather fits was castillo in their first date... so thats it?? the BEST opponent for the BEST in the world was a guy who got K.O'd with one punch his last fight?? trippy... think of the style it took to bother floyd.. castillo would pin him and grapple him with body shots...a style somewhat similar to hatton... if hatton smothers mayweather he can pull it off...but he'res the bad news...hatton's weight...up and down... up to middleweight when he's not fighting and back down to jr welt.... floyd is a gym rat... watch...hatton will bring it for 5 -6 rounds then floyd will beguin to pick him to pieces.... I think Cotto is the ONLY man that can knock out floyd and i think Mosley is the ONLY man that can out box floyd... my opinion
JERMZ BOXING is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2007, 02:32 PM   #2
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

Default Re: Castillo the best Mayweather ever faced??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERMZ BOXING
everyone talks about how mayweather hasnt fought a prime guy..and i thought about it....u know ..it's true... manfredy was overthe hill, corley aint shit...judah is a fluke to me... baldomir old ish with c+ skills... Gatti was a coorpse.... Oscar was 5-8 years passed his peak.. Corrales was an open target....the only person to ever give mayweather fits was castillo in their first date... so thats it?? the BEST opponent for the BEST in the world was a guy who got K.O'd with one punch his last fight?? trippy... think of the style it took to bother floyd.. castillo would pin him and grapple him with body shots...a style somewhat similar to hatton... if hatton smothers mayweather he can pull it off...but he'res the bad news...hatton's weight...up and down... up to middleweight when he's not fighting and back down to jr welt.... floyd is a gym rat... watch...hatton will bring it for 5 -6 rounds then floyd will beguin to pick him to pieces.... I think Cotto is the ONLY man that can knock out floyd and i think Mosley is the ONLY man that can out box floyd... my opinion
This is the 2nd time I have had to defend PBF today and I ****ing hate him. Your saying he hasnt fought a prime guy... Corrales was prime but your averting this by saying he was an open target? Give him credit it was a great win. Castillo was also prime. Hatton is prime and he is fighting him. I agree in general I would like him to challenge himself more. If he fights Cotto or Mosely after Hatton I will stop criticizing him.
acb is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 02:33 PM   #3
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Manfredy was in his prime, not over the hill.

Corrales and Castillo were at about the same level. Castillo obviously was a tougher style matchup than Chico for PBF.

Williams is the toughest style matchup for PBF, then Cotto, IMO.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 02:39 PM   #4
rustyj
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

JUNIOR WITTERRRRR!!! ............... nah i kid
rustyj is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 02:39 PM   #5
stillafan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

u can make those sort of statements to just about any fighter...if you think hard enough......Example Rjj fought a fatt out of shape toney, RJJ fought the worse heavyweight possible in john Ruiz, Hopkins beat up on a much smaller Tito....Winky Beat an already shot Mosley who was Forrest's left overs.......DLh beat an old Chavez, Lennox beat an old way past prime Tyson, anyone with common sense knows thats is extremely rare when two fighters meet at exactly their primes and undefeated for example.......u can always make an argument as to why one figther was not in their prime...

I dislike Floyd, but give him some credit hes fought some good competition.....and jumping up in weight ot fight a still good OScar was a great victory....ill admit i didnt like his defense first way of fighting, but give Floyd some credit
stillafan is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 02:40 PM   #6
KayEpps
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356

Corrales was undefeated at the time they fought and was knocking out everyone they put in front of him. Is it Mayweather's fault that he beat these guys so easy - regardless to what their status was.

We never hear anyone say that a fighter was over the hill when they win - only when they lose.

Mayweather has fought top level guys and continues to beat them.

I guess people will always look for the worst in the Best.
KayEpps is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 02:41 PM   #7
john b
EVERTON 0- OLdham 1
ESB Addict

vCash: 871

Quote:
Fair enough with that asumption but hatton has not put on that much weight like he usually does, Hatton will bring it for the full twelve rounds like he did against kt. Don't let the urango fight fool u he had a cold and thats why he did not last twelve rounds and he will be a lot fitter than he was for the collazo fight.
john b is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 02:44 PM   #8
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillafan
u can make those sort of statements to just about any fighter...if you think hard enough......Example Rjj fought a fatt out of shape toney, RJJ fought the worse heavyweight possible in john Ruiz, Hopkins beat up on a much smaller Tito....Winky Beat an already shot Mosley who was Forrest's left overs.......DLh beat an old Chavez, Lennox beat an old way past prime Tyson, anyone with common sense knows thats is extremely rare when two fighters meet at exactly their primes and undefeated for example.......u can always make an argument as to why one figther was not in their prime...

I dislike Floyd, but give him some credit hes fought some good competition.....and jumping up in weight ot fight a still good OScar was a great victory....ill admit i didnt like his defense first way of fighting, but give Floyd some credit
Resumes are very easy to nitpick and downgrade if you really want to.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 02:46 PM   #9
41fever
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic Behavior

Corrales and Castillo were at about the same level. Castillo obviously was a tougher style matchup than Chico for PBF.

If PBF could go inside with his sweet footwork and great head movement he'll "kill" Williams...easier said than done though. Cotto and Floyd in a smaller ring would be a fight fest and Floyd will take punishment but if he has what it takes it'll be close. Floyd has been hand picking like a child full of flavored lolly pops. He's smart, just doesn't have the ATG heartbeat.
41fever is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 03:08 PM   #10
Thinman
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic Behavior

I think the same way. I don't know why many posters in this forum don't see Williams as a real threat to PBF.
Thinman is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 03:16 PM   #11
digiram
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Talking Re: Castillo the best Mayweather ever faced??

Quote:
So....Who was Cotto's best win againsts?
digiram is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 03:34 PM   #12
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict

vCash: 623

Quote:
Thats not true, but thats wat happens when you are the best people will always iscredit your resume. They did the same thing with RJ saying he was fighting " past prime fighters, and bums" when evry fighter he fought we top 10 LHW's and ex champions etc. With that being said Manfredy was in his prime, Castillo was a good fighter and in his prime as well, that was a good win for Floyd. Coralles was in his prime, people were saying that Coralles was too big and he was going to beat FLoyd etc. that was another good win for floyd. I dont understand how you say Zab is a fluke, when now that Cotto beat him it was a great win for Cotto, but when FLoyd beat him i means nothing?
Floyd's resume is rather impressive, if he can add COtto and Mosley to it as well. It will be just superb. IMO
Fab2333 is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 03:57 PM   #13
JMotrain
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Corrales was not ready for that fight with Mayweather. He was about to go to prison and was having a difficult time making 130. I'm not saying Mayweather wouldn't have beaten Corrales at his best, but the Corrales he beat so lopsidedly wasn't the best Corrales.

Castillo was the best Mayweather faced, and he went 1-1 with him.
JMotrain is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 04:11 PM   #14
digiram
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMotrain
Corrales was not ready for that fight with Mayweather. He was about to go to prison and was having a difficult time making 130. I'm not saying Mayweather wouldn't have beaten Corrales at his best, but the Corrales he beat so lopsidedly wasn't the best Corrales.

Castillo was the best Mayweather faced, and he went 1-1 with him.
Here we go again...PBF picking on fighters going through personal problems, and never fighting fighters at thier best.

BTW, the Zoo that fought Hatton wasn't the best Zoo as well, right? Even though he had just came back and blew out Mitchell. The Zoo that got KO'd by Phillips probably would've KTFO Hatton, right??

digiram is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 04:18 PM   #15
JMotrain
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiram
Here we go again...PBF picking on fighters going through personal problems, and never fighting fighters at thier best.

BTW, the Zoo that fought Hatton wasn't the best Zoo as well, right? Even though he had just came back and blew out Mitchell. The Zoo that got KO'd by Phillips probably would've KTFO Hatton, right??

I won't take anything away from PBF when he fought Castillo because Castillo was at his best. But Mayweather only won the second fight, so take that for what it is.

Hatton would present problems for Zoo, but if Hatton wasn't allowed to use his rough house tactics, he would have never won the fight. And yes the Zoo that fought Phillips would of had a better chance than the older one who fought Hatton.
JMotrain is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum