Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 08-09-2007, 03:20 PM   #1
Throwing doubles
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Naseem Hamed

Can somebody give me an update of his situation? Does he give interviews?
Throwing doubles is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2007, 04:15 AM   #2
NOrth
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: Naseem Hamed

Very rarely. Alleged he was coming back, but doesnt look like it. Tends to keep his head down following his twatish behaviour. To be honest Im happy to see him out of the limelight and away from boxing now. He can fade as a distant memory as far as im concerned. Its a shame he'll be remembered for being a heartless coward as much as for provising great ngihts of entertainment.
NOrth is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 06:08 AM   #3
Charles187
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Ive no problem with Naz - would actually like to see him back on tv maybe as a guest on setanta or something. Dont see it happening though.
Charles187 is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 06:25 AM   #4
Throwing doubles
Journeyman

What's he up to? Is he getting bigger?
Was he ever jailed or what for that traffic fck up?
Old 08-10-2007, 07:06 AM   #5
NOrth
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

"traffic **** up" - could call it that. broke every bone in the other guys body by driving on the wrong side of the road (at twice the speed limit) over a hill showing off to a rich business man. Following the crash he left the scene, and the guy to die.
remorseful... well, following release form prison after a poxy sentance for the crime commited he gets picked up by limo with all his mates. Class, pure class <ahem> .

He was up and over 12st, cant say what he weighs now, although it wont be much less as I dont think he's making any sort of comeback.
Couldnt imagine Naz as a great pundit to be honest.
NOrth is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 07:34 AM   #6
ChuckYoungblood
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
When Frank ****** says you're a money grubbing bastard, I think you need to worry about what you've turned into.
It's like Valuev calling you ugly etc etc..
ChuckYoungblood is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 07:38 AM   #7
Throwing doubles
Journeyman

I've never liked his attitude. If that story is true, the guy should be behind bars.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:40 AM   #8
albaneze
HAXHI - The new Champ
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckYoungblood
It's like Valuev calling you ugly etc etc..
Funny.
albaneze is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 08:17 AM   #9
NOrth
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwing doubles
I've never liked his attitude. If that story is true, the guy should be behind bars.
If that story is true? It is true, and he's seved his time for it !!!
NOrth is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 08:20 AM   #10
NOrth
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Heres a link, one of many...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Important extracts include

"After last May's head-on crash, the driver of the other car, 38-year-old Anthony Burgin, spent weeks in hospital with fractures to "every major bone in his body". His wife Clare was also injured. "

"Hamed was showing what his car could do when he crossed a solid white line at a speed of at least 90mph and crashed head-on into a Volkswagen Golf that emerged from a dip in the road. "

Although it doesnt mention it in that article im 99% sure he buggered off after the crash.
NOrth is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 08:34 AM   #11
albaneze
HAXHI - The new Champ
ESB Jr Member

i Dont like the guy. But..

Hamed, 32, from Dore in Sheffield, was sentenced to 15 months after pleading guilty at an earlier hearing. He was also given a four-year driving ban.

15 months of sentence i think is too much. Its not like the other guys on the other car he crashed were dead. Well they could have been but they are not.
15 months for careless driving i think is a lot man. The guy is screwed for good. he crashed his £325,000 McLaren-Mercedes at 90 MPH, come onnn i would never belive a person here in the forum that says he never drove more than that. ****ing crazy.
Driving a car like that 90 mph is nothing mate.
****ing hell 90 MPH you can go with a minicoper for **** sake.

Anyways its england what else do you people expect they would screw any nonbritish as soon as they have the chance.
Khan is next, they will screw him as well for signing autopraphs which make him weaker and he cannot perform good in his matches . hahahah.

To hell with Britain and their rules.
albaneze is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 08:50 AM   #12
proby24

Albaneze: You ****ing joking me right? That arrogant prick was on the wrong side of the road approaching a blind dip, well over the speed limit, by doing so he almost killed a man. Shame Naseem's Allah couldn't have protected that poor guy in the other car.

The little sh*t should still be behind bars.
proby24 is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 10:32 AM   #13
NOrth
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by albaneze

Hamed, 32, from Dore in Sheffield, was sentenced to 15 months after pleading guilty at an earlier hearing. He was also given a four-year driving ban.

15 months of sentence i think is too much. Its not like the other guys on the other car he crashed were dead. Well they could have been but they are not.
15 months for careless driving i think is a lot man. The guy is screwed for good. he crashed his £325,000 McLaren-Mercedes at 90 MPH, come onnn i would never belive a person here in the forum that says he never drove more than that. ****ing crazy.
Actualy No, Ive never driven at 90mph in a built up area whilst overtaking blind... ****, ive never lived.
What would you deem a fair sentance if someone beat you up and you sustained injuries comparable to the guy in the other cars? Would you say 15months in prison was too much?
You say Its not as if the other guys dead. Fair point. he only fractured every bone in his body, he'll be up and about and back to his old self within a week. Wont effect the guys life at all.

People with your mentality are the reason Jade Goody gets on telly.
NOrth is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 03:57 PM   #14
Charles187
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

He served the sentance he was given and that should be enough. I have driven that fast, ive done really ****in stupid things in my life, some of which im ashamed of. Difference is I got away with them and he didnt. hes also made alot of contributions to british sport, question is what will you remember Naz for? I know what I will.....
Charles187 is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2007, 04:20 PM   #15
The taff
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by albaneze

Anyways its england what else do you people expect they would screw any nonbritish as soon as they have the chance.
Khan is next, they will screw him as well for signing autopraphs which make him weaker and he cannot perform good in his matches . hahahah.

To hell with Britain and their rules.

What a statement- he only served 4 months in prison anyway. Maybe you should try and look at it from the other guys position, Imagine you was the person who had every bone in your body broken by some reckless arsehole, and then trying to rebuild your life. A lot harder than a prison sentence and a ban.
The taff is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum