chambers80
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Naseem Hamed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
hey stop picking on the imigrant
Not too sure if I can.

I am now, as I'm sure you are, awaiting his educated and unbiased response!
chambers80 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2007, 10:31 AM   #32
albaneze
HAXHI - The new Champ
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambers80
Not too sure if I can.

I am now, as I'm sure you are, awaiting his educated and unbiased response!
Go **** offf
albaneze is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2007, 10:33 AM   #33
albaneze
HAXHI - The new Champ
ESB Jr Member

Majority of fighters who are successful and representing Britain they are immigrant, Calzaghe one of them, you have many more like, khan, hamed, the only ethnic english guy is hatton. so go and take a **** you brats.
albaneze is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2007, 11:05 AM   #34
yogster740
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 263

The accident was negligence plain and simple, nothing indicates that Hamed
wanted to hurt the man. He should have been punished, but 15 months does seem extreme.
yogster740 is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2007, 11:27 AM   #35
NOrth
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by albaneze
Majority of fighters who are successful and representing Britain they are immigrant, Calzaghe one of them, you have many more like, khan, hamed, the only ethnic english guy is hatton. so go and take a **** you brats.
Dont make such a stupid throw away comment. How is calzaghe an immigrant? Hew as born in Hammersmith, London. Naz was born in Sheffield.

Also...

Lennox Lewis, Frank bruno, Henry Cooper, Johnny Nelson, Jim Watt, ken buchanen, Jimmy Wilde, Tommy farr ... okay im bored now, think you get the diea that a majority of sucesful fighters aint "immigrants" .
NOrth is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2007, 11:27 AM   #36
PrideOfWales
Winston Zedmore
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Calzaghe was born in London and one side of his family (his mother's side) are all Welsh. He is more British than anything else.

If you don't like the Brits, **** off from the "British Boxing Forum".

I'd like to add that Naseem Hamed is a person I've disliked for a very long time. When somebody is that full of themselves, they're either doing it tongue-in-cheek (Ali) or they are complete idiots who take themselves seriously (Hamed). I've driven at 90mph, I've driven at 100mph - but I've only ever done it on a 70mph motorway (where people generally travel at 80mph anyway) with cars going the same direction as me.

I only wish that what has happened changes Hamed into a decent human being and he puts something back into his community or boxing. But he'll probably get some good PR people to say he's done good when he hasn't.
PrideOfWales is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2007, 11:37 AM   #37
NOrth
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogster740
The accident was negligence plain and simple, nothing indicates that Hamed
wanted to hurt the man. He should have been punished, but 15 months does seem extreme.
The legal standpoint on Negligence is amazingly complex. there would eb duty of care issues and all sorts to mull over. I wonder if his sentence would've been more extreeme had he not had top notch lawyers.

Also, the fact he left the scene speaks volumes about this man!!
NOrth is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2007, 11:43 AM   #38
NOrth
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

from BBN

On the 22nd March of this year, Hamed entered a guilty plea to the charge of dangerous driving which took place on Ringinglow Road, Sheffield, on 2nd May 2005. Having previously overtaken at least two cars, he attempted to overtake a Ford Mondeo, crossing a solid white line to do so. The white line was there to forbid overtaking as there was a hidden dip in the road near the crest of a hill. On that part of the road there is no way the driver can see if anything is coming the other way.

Unfortunately for Brian Anthony Burgin of Sheffield, he was the man coming the other way. He had planned to enjoy the Bank Holiday with his wife Clare and drive to the nearby Peak District tourist town of Castleton. He was driving his VW Golf in accordance with the law when Hamed, on the wrong side of the road, hit him head on at a speed police judged to be at least 90 mph. Such was the power and speed of Hamed's £320,000 McLaren Mercedes SLR, Burgin's car was pushed back down the road for several yards. The Mondeo was also involved in the crash.

The court heard that Hamed, after briefly apologising to the Burgins (both were unconscious and have no memory of the accident – witnesses have filled in the gaps), left the scene with his passenger and returned home. His defence barrister, Martin Sharpe, explained that as a few passers-by had come to the scene he feared a violent altercation with one of the men who had become aggressive about the nature of his driving. Mr Sharpe explained further that Hamed suspected the media were being called and, satisfied that the emergency services had been alerted, he jogged home to attend to the eye injury his passenger, business associate Asif Ayub, had suffered.

When the police came to arrest Hamed, he was about to leave his house in another vehicle. He said he was going out to buy some butterfly stitches for Mr Ayub.

Mr Burgin suffered extensive injuries that were initially life threatening. The catalogue of physical damage is a long one including broken limbs and initial swelling to the frontal lobe of the brain. Mr Burgin was in intensive care for three weeks and finally allowed home in June. He worked closely with the Community Rehabilitation Team and was not allowed to be left alone. Mr Burgin's injuries have left him permanently debilitated. He arrived in court with a recently fitted brace for his right arm. His vision has been affected and it's unlikely he'll be able to drive ever again. After several operations, including graft surgery, his left leg is 43mm shorter than his right. Mrs Burgin was also injured in the crash. Though her injuries were not as extensive, she now has a phobia of travel. Andrew Hatton, prosecuting, said the Burgins felt their lives had been “wrecked” and the court heard that their relationship was under some strain as a result of the crash.

The prosecution also revealed the nature of Hamed's trip that day which had a bearing on both the crash itself and the judge's sentence. Asif Ayub had paid Hamed a visit in his brand new Ferrari and when he got there, Hamed was tinkering with his Mercedes. The motoring enthusiasts talked for a short time about their cars and then Hamed offered to take Ayub for a drive. The prosecution suggested Hamed's intention was to impress Ayub. Hamed himself conceded that he hadn't had the car very long and wasn't used to its power.

Hamed also admitted he had been frustrated and irritated by the driver of the Mondeo. According to Hamed, the driver was constantly breaking and looking in the mirror as if to confirm for himself that it was actually Naseem Hamed behind him.

Unfortunately for Hamed, the prosecution also revealed that he had at least four previous driving convictions. In 1995 for speeding above a 50 mph limit he was disqualified from driving for three months; in 1998 he was given three points on his licence for speeding above 30 mph; another six points in 1999 for speeding over 40 mph and most recently another three points for speeding over 30 mph in 2004.

Hamed's defence strategy was to frankly admit culpability and offer a heartfelt apology to the victims of his recklessness. Mr Sharpe suggested several alternatives to a custodial sentence: a lengthy unpaid work order; a lengthy curfew; the ability to give the Burgins considerable compensation; and a lengthy driving ban.

42 letters of positive character reference were submitted, including one from Dr Adrian Whiteson of the British Boxing Board of Control which said Hamed was “a very accomplished boxer who reached the pinnacle of his career…I do hope you deal with this case sympathetically”.

A character witness was called. Sterling Brown spoke emotionally and warmly of how Hamed had befriended his late son who had suffered from leukaemia.

The judge, Recorder of Sheffield Alan Goldsack, QC, felt a custodial sentence was inevitable and seemed to argue that he would have given Hamed more than 15 months if he was allowed to do so.

Within his judgement, Mr Goldsack said: “Speeding is clearly not something you got out of your system as a young man: it was a major cause of this incident. Your fame does not mean you fall to be dealt with in any different way (more or less harshly) than any other person: you, like everyone else, have an obligation to obey the law when behind the wheel of a motor car.

“You could easily have killed Mr Burgin. If you had done so, the maximum sentence available would have been 14 years imprisonment, having been increased regularly by Parliament. There was a proposal to increase the maximum sentence for dangerous driving generally but that did not survive the legislative process. Many probably regret that and Judges, at this and no doubt other courts, have regularly observed that the available maximum where death does not result is insufficient to do justice in many cases where the driving was in a particularly aggravated form and/or serious injury was caused to one or more victims. Yours, in my judgement, is such a case.

“The maximum sentence available here is only two years' imprisonment. You pleaded guilty at an early, though not the earliest opportunity. Under guidelines laid down by the Sentencing Guidelines Council I must give you appropriate credit for that, notwithstanding the strength of the evidence against you. And serious though your case is there are other, more serious cases, which regularly come before the courts…

“There will be a prison sentence of 15 months: I deliberately put it that way, rather than saying you will go to prison for 15 months because you will not. Parliament has recently enacted that all persons sentenced to determinate sentences are to be released after serving half the sentence and many are released earlier, but that is an executive decision beyond the power of the courts. You will also be disqualified from driving for a period of four years and thereafter until you pass an extended test.”
NOrth is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2007, 11:52 AM   #39
Nemesis
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOrth
The legal standpoint on Negligence is amazingly complex. there would eb duty of care issues and all sorts to mull over. I wonder if his sentence would've been more extreeme had he not had top notch lawyers.

Also, the fact he left the scene speaks volumes about this man!!
I was studying English law last year (as part of my part time QS degree), and your right, the sentence could (read > should) have been a lot worse.
Nemesis is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2007, 12:06 PM   #40
chambers80
Journeyman

"****" does happen to everyone but when you drive on the wrong side of the road that the "****" will happen a hell of a lot sooner and that "****" will be brought onto other people too. We all make mistakes but there are ways to minimize the chances.

It wasn't an accident caused by simply exceeding the speed limit it was Naz being the arrogant, self centred ***** that he turned into taking no regard for the people around him.
chambers80 is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2007, 08:41 PM   #41
The taff
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
**** all you dumb asses who lie to yourselves of saying that i will obey the rules and i will never do something against the rules.

I said it once and i say it again, i dont like Naz for what he is and also his boxing style sucks, but **** happens and it can happen to anywone.

He was driving on the wrong side of the road but with a mc mercedes with ****ing extreeme power produced by the english sold for 320 000 sterling, oohh making money out of it is likable, but banging a guy who comes out of a DIP its unacceptable eee.

Bull**** English people and rules. I ****ing hate the way you act man, you act like ***ots and talk like *****es making re****ed faces while talking, like you got somthing stucked on your throats.

As a recap **** happens and it can happen to anyone. This time was Naz next time it can be me or you, so think before drinking, buying a MC Mercedes for ****ing 320 K of pounds and think much more before going out in a road from a ****ing DIP.

**** the Brits.
Do you live in Britain?? If you don't like it, why don't you **** off then !!

Last edited by The taff; 08-18-2007 at 09:01 AM.
The taff is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2007, 04:30 PM   #42
mmickyward
Journeyman

i really enjoyed watching naz fight but when i think of him now i just remember him getting schooled by barrera and how he disapeared up his own ****.Shame
mmickyward is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2007, 04:48 AM   #43
grayggr
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
i Dont like the guy. But..

Hamed, 32, from Dore in Sheffield, was sentenced to 15 months after pleading guilty at an earlier hearing. He was also given a four-year driving ban.

15 months of sentence i think is too much. Its not like the other guys on the other car he crashed were dead. Well they could have been but they are not.
15 months for careless driving i think is a lot man. The guy is screwed for good. he crashed his £325,000 McLaren-Mercedes at 90 MPH, come onnn i would never belive a person here in the forum that says he never drove more than that. ****ing crazy.
Driving a car like that 90 mph is nothing mate.
****ing hell 90 MPH you can go with a minicoper for **** sake.

Anyways its england what else do you people expect they would screw any nonbritish as soon as they have the chance.
Khan is next, they will screw him as well for signing autopraphs which make him weaker and he cannot perform good in his matches . hahahah.

To hell with Britain and their rules.
You Sir are a moron.

Go back to Republika e Shqipėrisė
You learn English because it is the business language of the world. If Albanian was the business language of the world I am sure we would be taught it.

Falemnderit
grayggr is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2007, 06:34 AM   #44
heerko koois
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayggr
You Sir are a moron.

Go back to Republika e Shqipėrisė
You learn English because it is the business language of the world. If Albanian was the business language of the world I am sure we would be taught it.

Falemnderit
Have you ever been in Albanie ? very poor country.....not much goin on there at all....funny how any albanian tries to make fun and insult Great- Brittain...
heerko koois is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2007, 10:39 AM   #45
albaneze
HAXHI - The new Champ
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heerko koois
Have you ever been in Albanie ? very poor country.....not much goin on there at all....funny how any albanian tries to make fun and insult Great- Brittain...
You should be the most domb israeli i have ever seen then.

You know why? Because if you red just a bit of a jew history book than you would know that Albania is the only country in Europe that did not prosecute the jews, and the most interesting fact was that the number of jew after the war was far more bigger than before in Albania, this little relatively poor country.
I aint insulting Britain i was puting into the big picture their double standards on dealing with the foreigners.

You might not agree a lot at this topic taking into consideration Naz ethnicity troubles you a little.

regarding the sir who was saying that english was the business language, i fully agree with you and i was saying that the english or better say majority of them cannot speak more than one language.

Anyways not too much time to lose on these nonsens and useless issues.
albaneze is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum