Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-07-2008, 10:29 AM   #46
audio101
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Antonio Margarito v Many Pacquio

umm isn't Margo like 6 feet tall, with a huge reach advantage? His huge reach advantage would negate the speed of Manny's fast hands. I'm not even sure why people would even mention Margo as an opponent....
audio101 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2008, 10:29 AM   #47
harrison
feu-nrmf md 2005
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican legend View Post
Tell me how Pacquiao beats him since you're so confident? I cant wait to hear this.
i am always confident. read my posts. i did it already
harrison is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2008, 10:29 AM   #48
mexican legend
MVP!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soriano View Post
Can Margarito go down at 140? Bring it on!
Come on Soriano. You have more sense than that. I am a bigger fan of Pacquiao's but come on. He cant beat Margarito. He will get killed bro.
mexican legend is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2008, 10:31 AM   #49
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
He's not a monster, hes human. He's a very slow, strong chinned come forward fighter that is easy to hit. One that is very beatable (and has been beaten numerous times) for the right style of fighter. That isn't a monster to me. That would imply he's near unbeatable and he's not even close to being that.
He's only lost twice in 12 years.

He's a monster in terms of physical stature for a 147 fighter. Now for a guy moving up the weights, this is pretty intimidating and gives him pretty much no chance, especially with Pac's style.

You've practically agreed that Pac loses and he loses because he ain't big enough, so why are you arguing something that you agree with?
onourway is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2008, 10:37 AM   #50
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by onourway View Post
He's only lost twice in 12 years.

He's a monster in terms of physical stature for a 147 fighter. Now for a guy moving up the weights, this is pretty intimidating and gives him pretty much no chance, especially with Pac's style.

You've practically agreed that Pac loses and he loses because he ain't big enough, so why are you arguing something that you agree with?
I'm arguing for how competetive it would be, not who wins. Thats why I'm arguing what Pacquiao brings and not just this shitty playground logic that people seem to be coming out with; Marg kills him

Pacquiao has the speed to catch him with ease. Pacquiao has extremely good stamina, whether its enough to keep on his toes and get in and out with Margarito for a full 12 - maybe not thats a huge ask. That could be his downfall. Pacquiao showed he could take a few shots from bigger men, if he has to, as long as theres not too many. He showed he can see these slow shots coming, and Marg's are slow too.

Everything points to Pacquiao being a force in this fight beyond the half way stage, probably even ahead.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2008, 10:39 AM   #51
mexican legend
MVP!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
there is always a first time baby.

do you think pac would just stand there and trade? dont think so. he'll hit and run just like last night. margo doesnt even have power. he does it through accumulation. and he is slow. and stamina?? pac has it better. it just the reach and comfort at that weight that margo have. i am not discounting pac but pac will always have a good chance at a fighter who is slower than him.
1. Pacquiao does not have better stamina. Margarito holds the record for most punches thrown in a fight.
2. Margarito has power. He took Cintron out with one punch and it was a perfect body shot that Manny has been ko'd by before in the past.
3. True Margarito is a accumulation puncher but their is power behind it. Kind of like what Chavez did to people. It looks like those punches dont hurt and they aint doing any damage but trust me they are.
4. True Manny does a great job of moving his head and moving around the ring but Margarito will through a lof of punches and he will miss a lot but he will catch him with at least two or three here and there. Manny will feel those punches and it will affect him in the later rounds where I see Margarito taking him out.
5. Their is also a great possibility that Margarito will just run over Manny since he is way bigger and has the power to hurt him.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:41 AM   #52
warrior85
R.I.P THUNDER
East Side Guru

vCash: 334

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican legend View Post
1. Pacquiao does not have better stamina. Margarito holds the record for most punches thrown in a fight.
2. Margarito has power. He took Cintron out with one punch and it was a perfect body shot that Manny has been ko'd by before in the past.
3. True Margarito is a accumulation puncher but their is power behind it. Kind of like what Chavez did to people. It looks like those punches dont hurt and they aint doing any damage but trust me they are.
4. True Manny does a great job of moving his head and moving around the ring but Margarito will through a lof of punches and he will miss a lot but he will catch him with at least two or three here and there. Manny will feel those punches and it will affect him in the later rounds where I see Margarito taking him out.
5. Their is also a great possibility that Margarito will just run over Manny since he is way bigger and has the power to hurt him.

that sums it up
warrior85 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2008, 10:42 AM   #53
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Margo would win but it would be alot closer than most think. Pac would give give Margo fits with his speed and would make Margo miss. In the end Margo has too much size too much chin and workrate. He would eventually wear down Pac in the later rounds.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2008, 10:43 AM   #54
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post
Margo would win but it would be alot closer than most think. Pac would give give Margo fits with his speed and would make Margo miss. In the end Margo has too much size too much chin and workrate. He would eventually wear down Pac in the later rounds.
Thank you
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2008, 10:47 AM   #55
mexican legend
MVP!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_gunz View Post
1. PW has the record 1600
5. I believe this is what would happen
Need proof for #1???
Old 12-07-2008, 10:52 AM   #56
Monticello
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Margarito by massacre.
Monticello is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2008, 10:58 AM   #57
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Thank you
Yeah this fight wouldn't be as one-sided as people think. Manny is very fast and hard to hit for a big slow WW like Margo. He could fustrated Margo early on because of it but in the end I would still pick Margo.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2008, 10:59 AM   #58
fitzgeraldz
And the new
East Side VIP

vCash: 845

Margarito is too damn big ... doesn't swell that easily and is alot stronger than DLH and Pacquiao put together.
fitzgeraldz is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2008, 10:59 AM   #59
harrison
feu-nrmf md 2005
ESB Addict

[quote=mexican legend;3001657]1. Pacquiao does not have better stamina.
Margarito holds the record for most punches thrown in a fight.

this goes to a stationary fighter like cotto. do you think pac has a chain on his legs everytime he fights? nope

manny was a teen. and you dont know the history because you are just following it now. it was a dehydrated pac that had to shed 10 pounds or more in a day and he was stripped off the belt right just before the fight.
the other was a low blow. but i am not taking that away. it was eons ago. and please dont judge margos power against one fight. evryone has it shining moments

4. True Manny does a great job of moving his head and moving around the ring but Margarito will through a lof of punches and he will miss a lot but he will catch him with at least two or three here and there.

this is what i agree with you. if margo does this, then it will be hard for pac. but i still reserve that pac will get away once that flury of punches start to fly.

Manny will feel those punches and it will affect him in the later rounds where I see Margarito taking him out.

i disagree. i havent seen pac feeling punches in later rounds and being taken out. he gets stronger by the minute. but as i said, there is always a first time. margos' chance is the earlier rounds.

this is the most likely scenario

harrison is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2008, 11:01 AM   #60
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict

Margarito is unlike most brawlers in that he will not stop because you punched him square in the face. This is what sets him apart from the rest. It is very difficult to control a guy when he isn't fazed by your punches.

I've always said DLH freezes when being hit. That was proven last night. But don't expect the same reaction out of Margarito. Like against Cotto he will throw right through your work and nail you eventually.
Ambition_Def is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum