C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did Floyd Duck Paul Spadafora @135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab2333
now you know that is bs. PBF was out of shape
So why did he go LOOKING for a guy less than two weeks from a title defense at 35 when he was at 30??

Why did he do like he does and TALK MAD SHIT all the way til the buzzer rang??

How come on FNF about a month later in an interview with Max kellerman when asked about it, Floyd said, "I dont want to talk about Spadafora' twice, until Kellerman changed the subject???

IF, IF?? It was just a matter of being out of shape?? How come he took over 3 years and a rehab to make an offer??

Cuz he got his ass beat, THAT'S WHY!!!!

QUACK, QUACK, QUACK.........
C Money is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 02:21 AM   #17
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

What I want to know is why Floyd never unified in ANY division he's fought in. I don't know if he ducked Spad, or if Spad ducked Floyd or if BOTH guys didn't really give a shit about the other. Either way, they should have fought, and whether you guys like it or not, Floyd had the promoter who could make it happen.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 02:21 AM   #18
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Why are people saying Floyd was out of shape? Why would you think or say something like that? Whose ass did you rip that from?

How can anyone say PBF had any less energy than Spadafora leading up to that sparring session? Where does that come from? Being out of shape means nothing the moment you agree to spar. At that point you're doing what you're supposed to be doing. There would be no excuse for being outta shape. Its all on you so any sort of excuse should mean dick by that point. Both men threw away any sort of bullshit excuse the moment they crossed the ropes.

I don't know who Floyd was fighting around the time Spaddy fought Dorin but.. Dorin won that fight
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2007, 02:22 AM   #19
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict

vCash: 623

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
So why did he go LOOKING for a guy less than two weeks from a title defense at 35 when he was at 30??

Why did he do like he does and TALK MAD SHIT all the way til the buzzer rang??

How come on FNF about a month later in an interview with Max kellerman when asked about it, Floyd said, "I dont want to talk about Spadafora' twice, until Kellerman changed the subject???

IF, IF?? It was just a matter of being out of shape?? How come he took over 3 years and a rehab to make an offer??

Cuz he got his ass beat, THAT'S WHY!!!!

QUACK, QUACK, QUACK.........
So lemme ask you a ? will SPadafora beat the FMJ of 2day?
Is the FMJ fighting 2day look like the one on the video?
Fab2333 is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 02:30 AM   #20
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060
Why are people saying Floyd was out of shape? Why would you think or say something like that? Whose ass did you rip that from?

How can anyone say PBF had any less energy than Spadafora leading up to that sparring session? Where does that come from? Being out of shape means nothing the moment you agree to spar. At that point you're doing what you're supposed to be doing. There would be no excuse for being outta shape. Its all on you so any sort of excuse should mean dick by that point. Both men threw away any sort of bullshit excuse the moment they crossed the ropes.

I don't know who Floyd was fighting around the time Spaddy fought Dorin but.. Dorin won that fight
Out of shape was the official excuse played by the PBF camp. Even though facts are facts and if he was so out of shape? Then they were quite dumb about the situation. I find that very hard to believe, given the history and experience in that boxing family.

After Castillo? PBf fought Sosa(after Spat beat him) and N'dou.

Spat tried to get both belts(BF, BA) against Dorin, to FORCE PBF into the ring . It's perfectly understandable that many felt Spat lost that fight. There are no excuses, but Spat's problems began before Dorin, surfaced there, and boiled over afterwards. The guy has paid a heavy price for his wrong's and the only way to FIX WRONG?? IS DO RIGHT!!! He's getting released shortly after yet again having problems which THIS TIME WAS UNFOUNDED and simple manipulation by the woman involved, to drag him down AGAIN!! Hopefully? he gets out, stay's right, and what happens remains to be seen. He undoubtedly has work to do and time will tell, IF HE AGAIN BECOMES RELEVANT.
C Money is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 02:35 AM   #21
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab2333
So lemme ask you a ? will SPadafora beat the FMJ of 2day?
Is the FMJ fighting 2day look like the one on the video?
The question, my friend, IS WOULD PBF GET IN THE RING?? The reality is WHY didnt he when the fight was relevant against what the MAJORITY believe to be an inferior fighter????

Now, Spats just getting out AGAIN and will have to get back, but if he does?? Yes, I'll take SPat over PBF. You havent seen the whole thing and Floyd was younger and QUICKER, THEN, not now. If anything Floyd's performances and work rate have SLOWED

It's possible that Spat has also but in 6-12 months and a fight or two will go a long way towards finding out. ONLY TIME WILL TELL FROM HERE!!!!
C Money is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 04:12 AM   #22
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
vCash: 917

It is not really ducking someone if they are mediocre.
ripcity is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 03:05 PM   #23
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Floyd has trouble with southpaws, especially an evasive, slick one like Paul. Would I neccessarily pick Paul to win with a 100% in-shape Floyd? Not certainly, but he would definitely not be outclassed and would give him problems.
floyd vs a drug addicted alcoholic yeah you definitely know what your talking about you and c-money fail to realize paul has beaten not one elite fighter at his weight why is that
bigtime9 is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 03:15 PM   #24
errsta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 181

Thread title made me laugh. Thanks.
errsta is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 03:33 PM   #25
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

lets break it down. Floyd was champ and Dorin and Spaddy fought to unify and then fight Mayweather. They fought, Spaddy got a hometown draw with neither looking good, and Floyd rightfully just went up to 140 and fought Corley...
Illmatic is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 03:37 PM   #26
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
What I want to know is why Floyd never unified in ANY division he's fought in. I don't know if he ducked Spad, or if Spad ducked Floyd or if BOTH guys didn't really give a shit about the other. Either way, they should have fought, and whether you guys like it or not, Floyd had the promoter who could make it happen.
Champions fight champions to get championships....but whatever, keep nitpicking away
Illmatic is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 04:34 PM   #27
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

**** no. PBF would have won all rounds against Pauile and probaly stopped him late. Remember Paulie is the same guy who was dropped twice in one round by Victoriano Sosa a guy PBF dominated.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 04:37 PM   #28
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxime
Spadafora lost to freakin Leonard Dorin for christ sake (Dorin was robbed!!!!).
I agree with this. The same Dorin who was stopped in the first round by Gatti. Yeah this guy was a serious threat to PBF...please. Paulie was no more a serious threat to PBF at 135 than Margo is to PBF at 147. Paulie is a tool used by PBF haters to try and discredit him.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 04:37 PM   #29
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
Why did Floyd not choose to unify? He could've had an easy win from what you guys are saying, maybe he was still a bit apprehensive from the ass-whooping he recieved in the gym.
he was going to against the winner of Spaddy-Dorin....the whole commentary of the fight was about which one will face Mayweather. Spaddy got the hometown draw, they both looked terrible, and he went up in weight instead---the much better choice.
Illmatic is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 04:44 PM   #30
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

Who gives a **** if he was out of shape or in the best shape of his career. The bottom line here is that it was just SPARRING, it has no bearing to how an actual boxing match would play out and anyone who thinks it does has never spent time in a boxing gym. For example back when I was a an amateur I sparred a friend of mine who I would always get the best of in sparring but I knew if we ever fought in a real boxing match I would get my ass kicked. Sparring stories are like fishing stories you have to take both with a grain of salt.
Pimp C is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum