Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2007, 04:17 PM   #16
Jennifer Love Hewitt
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,662
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why does everyone on this site think they have freaky power?

The only reason I think I have freaky power is because I do. If someone made a list of the most powerful puncher's ever in the entire universe it would look something like this:
1. Geroge Foreman
2. Lennox Lewis
3. Mike Tyson
4. Jennifer Love Hewitt
5. Joe Louis
6. Frank Bruno
7. David Tua
8. Ivan Drago
9. Spiderman
10. Rocky Marciano
Jennifer Love Hewitt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2007, 08:26 PM   #17
KTFO
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Why does everyone on this site think they have freaky power?

Lifting 200lbs dumbbells,yeyah!



[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by KTFO; 08-12-2007 at 02:55 PM.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:29 PM   #18
isaac11
can you see my punches??
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why does everyone on this site think they have freaky power?

lol smart guy
isaac11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:49 AM   #19
Pugsley
Fat Bastard
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 335
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why does everyone on this site think they have freaky power?

Cause even now, people dont fully understand the mechanics of a 'powerful' punch. There are many grades of punchers; sharp, hard, heavy and concentrated punchers. Most just stick to a generalisationcalling it 'power' and become deluded by it. It's not as if Boxing doesn't attract the greatest number of egoists and bigots.
Pugsley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:17 AM   #20
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 黒人文化の恋人のサンプリ
Posts: 10,027
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why does everyone on this site think they have freaky power?

to get power you must use as many joints aspossible to gian the whip motion.
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:32 PM   #21
Svengali
Life. ***. Death.
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Borg HQ, AKA, Indiana
Posts: 303
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why does everyone on this site think they have freaky power?

Yeah, its a common thing here. And maybe they do have some pop, especially the bodybuilder/football player types. But you can't really rave about your power unless you are fighting other trained fighters in the ring. Not your buddies in your basement, not some inexperience yahoos who happen to waltz into your gym. And I usually suspect the technique by these guys. Anyone can hit "with devastating force" if they load up for one hard overhand right. But how are their combinations, can they hurt with the jab, do they still have snap after 3 rds? Good power isn't a one shot deal, it isn't about how much you bench or even how loud the heavybag thuds when you bang it. It's about hurting other trained fighters in the ring in sparring or fighting conditions.
Svengali is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:57 AM   #22
Sagefrancis
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: I dont know where I am, but I know how fast im going
Posts: 74
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why does everyone on this site think they have freaky power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Cat
Yeah, its a common thing here. And maybe they do have some pop, especially the bodybuilder/football player types. But you can't really rave about your power unless you are fighting other trained fighters in the ring. Not your buddies in your basement, not some inexperience yahoos who happen to waltz into your gym. And I usually suspect the technique by these guys. Anyone can hit "with devastating force" if they load up for one hard overhand right. But how are their combinations, can they hurt with the jab, do they still have snap after 3 rds? Good power isn't a one shot deal, it isn't about how much you bench or even how loud the heavybag thuds when you bang it. It's about hurting other trained fighters in the ring in sparring or fighting conditions.
good post.
however i can bench 500kgs and break heavybags with my jab
Sagefrancis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:59 AM   #23
younghypnotiq
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,614
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why does everyone on this site think they have freaky power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahahax
That's so me!!!!!...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Had to be done.
taht guys not jacked at all
younghypnotiq is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:01 AM   #24
younghypnotiq
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,614
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why does everyone on this site think they have freaky power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Cat
Yeah, its a common thing here. And maybe they do have some pop, especially the bodybuilder/football player types. But you can't really rave about your power unless you are fighting other trained fighters in the ring. Not your buddies in your basement, not some inexperience yahoos who happen to waltz into your gym. And I usually suspect the technique by these guys. Anyone can hit "with devastating force" if they load up for one hard overhand right. But how are their combinations, can they hurt with the jab, do they still have snap after 3 rds? Good power isn't a one shot deal, it isn't about how much you bench or even how loud the heavybag thuds when you bang it. It's about hurting other trained fighters in the ring in sparring or fighting conditions.
my straight right is my most powerful move. kinda weird.
younghypnotiq is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:02 AM   #25
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Charlie Zelenoffs Xmas card list
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 700
Default Re: Why does everyone on this site think they have freaky power?

Your most powerful move? Is this taekwondo??? younghypno i personally believe you are full of crap. Mostly everyone here is. Internet is where people can be who they want to be.

Younghypno obviously is a lightweight, wanna be boxer who thinks that when he makes a big noise on that big scary bag it means he is an insane puncher, and the 5% bf is quite obviously 5% ball fur.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:06 PM   #26
miamite
tko
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 107
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why does everyone on this site think they have freaky power?

Because pretty much anyone can generate a good amount of power. The majority on here can probably generate a lot of George Foreman type power - the type that generates from turning every ounce of bodyweight into that left hook or straight on the heavy bag. Obviously they are nowhere near the league of George Foreman, but most people will find they have good power when doing that. Nobody can throw like Julian Jackson or Thomas Hearns, but the average guy can generate a respectable amount of power. When you step into sparring though it's a different game, and if you're not a come forward type fighter it's hard to land the type of power you can generate on the heavy bag.
miamite is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:08 PM   #27
miamite
tko
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 107
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why does everyone on this site think they have freaky power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Love Hewitt
The only reason I think I have freaky power is because I do. If someone made a list of the most powerful puncher's ever in the entire universe it would look something like this:
1. Geroge Foreman
2. Lennox Lewis
3. Mike Tyson
4. Jennifer Love Hewitt
5. Joe Louis
6. Frank Bruno
7. David Tua
8. Ivan Drago
9. Spiderman
10. Rocky Marciano
haha, a quick google search showed me that Jennifer Love Hewitt is actually into boxing.
miamite is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:57 PM   #28
shavers
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 910
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why does everyone on this site think they have freaky power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamite
Because pretty much anyone can generate a good amount of power. The majority on here can probably generate a lot of George Foreman type power - the type that generates from turning every ounce of bodyweight into that left hook or straight on the heavy bag. Obviously they are nowhere near the league of George Foreman, but most people will find they have good power when doing that. Nobody can throw like Julian Jackson or Thomas Hearns, but the average guy can generate a respectable amount of power. When you step into sparring though it's a different game, and if you're not a come forward type fighter it's hard to land the type of power you can generate on the heavy bag.
Good answer, pretty much sums it up
shavers is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:46 PM   #29
Pugsley
Fat Bastard
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 335
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why does everyone on this site think they have freaky power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Love Hewitt
The only reason I think I have freaky power is because I do. If someone made a list of the most powerful puncher's ever in the entire universe it would look something like this:
1. Geroge Foreman
2. Lennox Lewis
3. Mike Tyson
4. Jennifer Love Hewitt
5. Joe Louis
6. Frank Bruno
7. David Tua
8. Ivan Drago
9. Spiderman
10. Rocky Marciano
LoL Good one.
You'd wonder why Spiderman doesnt rip someone's head off in one punch? I mean isn't he supposed to have insane strength to weight ratio, like that of a spider.
Pugsley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:43 PM   #30
Mikro
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Funky Town
Posts: 33
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why does everyone on this site think they have freaky power?

When I first started boxing a few coaches told me I had good power for my size when i was on the mitts and heavy bag, but when I started sparring they were like 'why don't you hit like you hit the bag or mitts?' Obviously they knew why, but the point is its a lot easier to generate some power when thats all you're thinking about then when you have to worry about moving after an opponent and getting hit back. Plus I'm sure coaches tell a lot of new boxers that they have good power just to encourage them.

It's kind of like a jump shot in basketball. I know people who will make 10 3-pointers in a row just shooting around and then won't hit a shot all game when we play.
Mikro is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013