Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing > Training Logs

Old 12-14-2008, 04:02 PM   #1
Rob3
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default 5K log.

Ok back in August I posted this thread in the lounge

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Having got myself relatively fit in terms of cardio in my final year at uni through 5 a side football, I decided to enter the race mentioned in that thread. From there it's been all good, I've joined a local athletic club and it's been hell sometimes in training. But I'm now down to a 17.24 5K time. In the link below I'm the second name for reference, 'Rob' 23. By March next year I want to be posting a time in that race of under 16 mins at the minimum.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I've been ill with this cold/cough last couple of weeks, first week I was still running but had to stop cos work plus training was a killa. Work is shattering in itself alot of the time, but from tomorrow I'm running in my lunch hour atleast 3 times a week plus my normal training, every day it's gonna be one more rep up a hill or running that little bit harder and faster than the previous day. I'm gonna run 17 minutes flat and it's gonna feel like a light jog.

Last edited by Rob3; 12-14-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Rob3 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2008, 02:34 PM   #2
Rob3
Journeyman

Default Re: 5K log.

Ok Monday a long run of 40 minutes or so, up some steep hills. Did the route of my old primary school cross country in 6 minutes at one point, which I presume is a pb and probably course record .

Tuesday was my day of and I ended up sleeping all day. Wednesday did about 4 fast miles. Thursday 9 sets of 2 mins sprints with a minute rest and today 6 x 3 mins with same recovery. Going to go to a time trial in Wimbledon tomorrow morning, then I got work till 10. As long as I dont get injured I'll do 12 90 second reps with a minute recovery. Next week I'll look to vary the distance on my speed work and if not atleast cut down recovery even by 5 seconds.
Rob3 is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2009, 06:54 AM   #3
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

March is slowly creeping towards us ...
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2009, 09:54 PM   #4
Rob3
Journeyman

Oh **** so it is. But I got myself an excuse, I'm going to Australia in about a week. Anyway training has been going well, I probably need to up the amount of speed work I've been doing (last tuesday 4 x 7 mins, 1 min recovery). Been getting about 20-25 miles in a week which is alot for me.

There's a race on Wednesday and I'm pretty confident of beating 17 this time.
Rob3 is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2009, 04:27 AM   #5
Rob3
Journeyman

Might as well update this.

Saturday. Speed, 30 seconds with 15 seconds recovery, 1 minute with 15 seconds recovery, 2 minutes with 30 seconds recovery, 4 minutes then 1 minute recovery, 6 minutes then 1 minute recovery and then all the way down again to a pathetic 30 second 'sprint'.

Sunday. Long 1hr run, fairly good pace reckon I did about 7-8 miles or so. All on the flat though.

Tuesday. Speed, 20X 2 minutes with a 1 minute recovery. This was a complete killa and I dont know what motivated me to do it but I'm sure it was worth it.

Wednesday. Speed, 12X 1 minutes with 30 second recovery. This was a breeze compared to the previous nights efforts.

Thursday. 2 miles then found this ridiculious steep hill/steps which I said to myself I'd run up and down 10 times, managed 5 and then lay on a bench for 20 minutes. I swear I'm gonna go back there in the next few days and do it 10 times.
Rob3 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing > Training Logs