boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-10-2007, 09:22 PM   #1
anut
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default tell me which tyson fight after prison he looked good??

hey i think tyson came outta prison a myth.....he looked like **** against mcneely.....horrid against buster mathis(being backed up by both fighters)....honestly i think he even looked like **** against bruno.....leaping in the air going head hunting.....bruce seldon he was standing square....holy #1.....he didnt have a hope in hell after his little flury in the 5th rd....wont talk about 2nd holy fight....botha schooled him for 5 plus rds......weven againt norris he looked like ****.....so tell me which fight did tyson look good in.....the answer is none.....not since june 28 of 91.......lets say lewis is lucky he fought a 35 yr old business man
anut is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2007, 09:56 PM   #2
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Default Re: tell me which tyson fight after prison he looked good??

Tyson's my man but your spot on with your post..

He even stated in many interviews that his time in prison only ****ed him up more mentally..

I THOUGHT PRISON IS SUPPOSED TO REHABILITATE??LOL..

Ruined his career in my opinion..

Also i love your avatar,i remember that episode of footy show it was a classic seeing that sterlo lookalike.
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 09:56 PM   #3
hobgoblin
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anut
hey i think tyson came outta prison a myth.....he looked like **** against mcneely.....horrid against buster mathis(being backed up by both fighters)....honestly i think he even looked like **** against bruno.....leaping in the air going head hunting.....bruce seldon he was standing square....holy #1.....he didnt have a hope in hell after his little flury in the 5th rd....wont talk about 2nd holy fight....botha schooled him for 5 plus rds......weven againt norris he looked like ****.....so tell me which fight did tyson look good in.....the answer is none.....not since june 28 of 91.......lets say lewis is lucky he fought a 35 yr old business man
I almost agree with you completely. I'd say he looked really good against Holyfield I (at least up to round 5 - I gave 1 & 5 to Tyson) where he showed outstanding speed & power against ATG competition - look at the right hand leads he landed. Obviously he didn't look so good towards the end lol or when he was biting Holy's ears - but for a good chunk (no pun intended) he looked very good. And ripped as ever. Round 3 Tyson looked very good save the bite (1,2 for Holy; 3 for Tyson - Holy wouldn't have gotten the TKO but only a UD if it wasn't for headbutts IMO). He also put a good performance against Golota - not sure if 2 rounds is something to judge.

Besides those, he clearly did not dedicate himself as he used to. Thus when some people say that Tyson wasn't as effective of a puncher in his later years - it is less about ability or punching and more about not being much a figher (relative to old self).
hobgoblin is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 10:00 PM   #4
anut
Belt holder
ESB Addict

the tyson that fought ruddock im not sayin he would beat holyfield....but it would have been much more competitive........razor ruddock said after the 1st tyson fight that he was so hard to hit cleanly.....against holy.....tyson was very easy to hit...............
anut is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 10:08 PM   #5
hobgoblin
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anut
the tyson that fought ruddock im not sayin he would beat holyfield....but it would have been much more competitive........razor ruddock said after the 1st tyson fight that he was so hard to hit cleanly.....against holy.....tyson was very easy to hit...............
bad ****ysis my friend. ruddock was one of the dumbest punchers i've ever seen. his hook was telegraphed, very predictable, and for most of the fight he had only 1 arm. of course tyson would easily escape something like that! holy in sharp contrast, used both hands, carefully timed his punches, countered, and accurately & thoughtfull aimed. of course holy was going to be more successful landing than ruddock no comparison!

i think 86 tyson vs 1991 holyfield ends with holy getting a clear but competitive UD and if he headbutts enough, he may get the TKO instead of the UD. In 1991 - the fight would have ended in similar fashion as 1996. 1996 Tyson was very good.

and for the love of gawd...please change your avatar...that guy has an annoying head
Old 08-10-2007, 10:59 PM   #6
southpaw1974
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Tyson's best post prison performance, and one of his best career performances was the rematch with Bruno. Go back and watch that fight. His timing, accuracy, defense, and ferocity were fantastic. He beat him quicker than he did the first time and looked as good as ever doing it. He was extremely hungry to regain the title 10 years after having won it, and he was not to be denied that night.
southpaw1974 is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 11:37 PM   #7
akPITT207

Let's not forget he knocked out Clifford Etienne in 49 seconds in 2003 with a back that had been broken for years.
akPITT207 is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 11:44 PM   #8
hobgoblin
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw1974
Tyson's best post prison performance, and one of his best career performances was the rematch with Bruno. Go back and watch that fight. His timing, accuracy, defense, and ferocity were fantastic. He beat him quicker than he did the first time and looked as good as ever doing it. He was extremely hungry to regain the title 10 years after having won it, and he was not to be denied that night.
Bruno was extremely scared - he was like a piece of meat being fed to a shark. Of course Tyson's timing is going to look good when he doesn't really have to time at all but just decide WHEN he feels like punching a frozen deer. Bruno was meant to make Tyson look good considering how scared he was before the fight. Don't mean to be negative but that's how I see it. His best outings as I said earlier were against Holy & Golota where he looked explosive.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:53 AM   #9
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict

None. Tyson was ruined by Douglas.
emanuel_augustus is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2007, 12:57 AM   #10
ruizfan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

McCneely is a bum that never stood a chance againts Tyson before or after prison. For the rest, I think he didn't look the same against Holy and mathis.
ruizfan is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2007, 02:53 AM   #11
BeReal
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Against Julius Francis, he put it on Francis.............and Savarese but it is a fact, Mike just didn't have the fire for the game anymore and was looking to make money.
BeReal is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2007, 02:56 AM   #12
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

He never looked like the Tyson of old. Sure he had some quick KO's, but he was never the same great fighter.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2007, 03:03 AM   #13
jazzboy
Free Boosie
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akPITT207
Let's not forget he knocked out Clifford Etienne in 49 seconds in 2003 with a back that had been broken for years.
He did look good in this fight
jazzboy is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2007, 03:07 AM   #14
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru

He never really looked like he was in his prime, but IMO in the second Holyfield fight he fought at close to 90% of his potential in his prime. He was kind of tentative in rounds 1 and 2, but when he got ****ed off in round 3 we saw some ferocious flashbacks of prime Tyson back in that ring...Holyfield fought him well, but imo lost the third round (fouls aside).
Axe is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2007, 03:15 AM   #15
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanuel_augustus
None. Tyson was ruined by Douglas.
Ruined by Douglas?, I don't think so. Tyson's performance from moving, using his jab, throwing body punches all changes to just head hunting after signing with King and that's before he met Douglas. Who should we blame here?, Tyson of course and no one else, he never wanted any advice from the new trainers even though they wanted him to fight the way he did with Rooney. If you remember, after the Douglas fight Tyson has had some great fights as well, a fight with Tillman, Stewart, Ruddock(X2) and was on his way to fight Holyfield but didn't because of prison. What ruined Tyson is going to prison and being inactive for as long as he did, if you notice Muhammad Ali was banned then came back TOTALLY different in the ring but had the will, that's something Tyson didn't have and also admitted he didn't have while in prison, not to forget that he made it clear that he DOESN'T want to fight anymore because he thought he had the money. Sadly, he came out of prison totally broke so he was forced to fight to make money, in boxing it doesn't work that way you must fight because you WANT to not because you have to, if Tyson had all the money he was supposed to have coming out of prison he wouldn't have fought at all in my opinion because he didn't want to. On the other hand, Muhammad Ali did need the money but he also WANTED to fight, he had that desire, if you don't have that you end up struggling against opponents you're supposed to eat up quick, that's what ruined Tyson.
Scar is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum