Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #31
Lampley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pictures of Gerald Mclellan...

I think McClellan was a terrific puncher, better even than Benn. That led to his ultimate downfall as a fighter, in fact, because he could almost always rely on his power to carry him.

G-Man was rangy and had power on the end of his punches, which is why I give him a fighting shot against prime Jones at 168. I think Roy had too much skill for him and a much better head (McClellan's whole life seemed headed down the wrong course) about him, but Jones vs. McClellan would have been some furiously intense shit in 1996.

But I disagree that Roy didn't push for KOs after 1995. He may not have taken as many chances for his own sake, but he seemed plenty willing to get a guy out of there against Griffin, and anyone who watched the Richard Hall fight knows he has no mercy.

Back on topic, I can understand both sides on McClellan as far as karmic retribution and all that. But you have to feel sorry for his sister, who lost her ability to do anything in life just trying to care for him.
Lampley is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2007, 05:15 PM   #32
yesihavearm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian55
Well he tortured little animals, animals that would have been people's pets. He was a peice of shit plain and simple.

Your right, he didnt deserve just brain damage, he deserved worse.

I would never in my life torture an animal, I could never bring myself to it, but a piece of shit person like you or him, that would be easy and fun.

Oh no look what we have, another PETA activist. Instead of posting on Eastsideboxing forums how about you join your gay little friends in your stupid cruelty to animals protests which 90% of people couldnt give a shit about.

Yes, cruelty to animals is horrific and should be stopped. Fair enough.

But dont, ever, compare a pet's life to that of another person. How can you hold the human life in such low regard ? Yeah if he done those bad things he's a nasty piece of work and should be punished accordingly. But brain damage, basically taking away someones life. I feel sorry for him, and for his 2 sisters who spend $500 a day on medical care looking after Gerald. They now solely rely on donations from the public, as all his money won prizefighter has been spent keeping looking after him.
So before you hold the human life in such low regard and decide to humiliate yourself on the internet again, how about you follow some of Mark Twain's advice "It is better to be silent and thought of a fool, than to open your mouth and let everyone know for certain"

If the world was full of people like you, we'd be stuck in the stone-age. Dumbass.
yesihavearm is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2007, 05:21 PM   #33
Ethan Trims
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesihavearm
Oh no look what we have, another PETA activist. Instead of posting on Eastsideboxing forums how about you join your gay little friends in your stupid cruelty to animals protests which 90% of people couldnt give a shit about.

Yes, cruelty to animals is horrific and should be stopped. Fair enough.

But dont, ever, compare a pet's life to that of another person. How can you hold the human life in such low regard ? Yeah if he done those bad things he's a nasty piece of work and should be punished accordingly. But brain damage, basically taking away someones life. I feel sorry for him, and for his 2 sisters who spend $500 a day on medical care looking after Gerald. They now solely rely on donations from the public, as all his money won prizefighter has been spent keeping looking after him.
So before you hold the human life in such low regard and decide to humiliate yourself on the internet again, how about you follow some of Mark Twain's advice "It is better to be silent and thought of a fool, than to open your mouth and let everyone know for certain"

If the world was full of people like you, we'd be stuck in the stone-age. Dumbass.
Humiliate myself? keep telling yourself that.

I feel bad for his sister, but then again life is cruel, and he was nasty human being who brought on that on himself. The world would be better off without him and his sister probably would be too.

I dont value animals lives more than people, just some people.
Ethan Trims is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2007, 05:28 PM   #34
hobgoblin
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
Yeah, I don't need to explain myself, but you're way off base. You have to be kidding me.
I know Benn is a true warrior but McClellan had his man down and vulnerable and freely open for shots. Under these circumstances (credit to McClellan and a little it of luck for it), why couldn't McClellan lower down and land a few clean blows and get a TKO? He was grazing Benn (is this not true?) and I consider that sloppy given how vulnerable Benn was. Definitely think that some more accurate punchers would have ended it there.
hobgoblin is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2007, 05:35 PM   #35
Lampley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I do agree that Gerald headhunted way too much in that fight, sort of like Pacquiao did after getting the three KDs against JMM. It ****s with their head sometimes when they nearly end the fight but can't quite finish the guy off.

But against the ropes, I thought G-Man did about the best he could. Beyond that, there certainly were times when he didn't exercise much patience.
Lampley is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2007, 05:36 PM   #36
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistadobalina
BORKED
Devestating
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2007, 05:50 PM   #37
hobgoblin
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
Benn had his head down, if McClellan had thrown straight shots they would've been rabbit punches. The angle he was throwing the punches didn't allow for the best power, but his pure power still held through and put iron chinned Benn through the ropes. He was a very good puncher and set his punches up perfectly, but when he had you hurt he went for the kill like no other, he was a killer, and he went all out, so it's acceptable that he may have gotten a little wild technically.
Just saw the 1st round again to refresh my memory. I have say that McClellan made a big blunder by not using the UPPERCUT! Uppercut would have been ideal to lift up Benn and set him up for clean lefts and rights to the chin. If he used this BASIC punch - his chances of TKO would have been greater (afraid to guarantee it as I do agree Benn was a warrior). I'm confident that Tyson, Louis, Foreman would not have failed to see this right away!
hobgoblin is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #38
Chief_Second
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i read that Mclellan used to shot his losing dogs with no remorse if they weren't killed by the other dog.

as a dog owner, he is today living his just punishment. ben is the magistrate and his fists gave the guy what he deserved!
Chief_Second is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2007, 07:07 PM   #39
lenin
what the **** you say?
ESB Senior Member

does he still do dog fights? everyone gave Vick shit bout that but Gman is a saint.......
lenin is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2007, 07:20 PM   #40
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch Coolidge
Is it true he used to hold dog fights and torture losing dogs to death?
Yes.

He was absolute garbage as a human being.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2007, 07:36 PM   #41
Ethan Trims
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief_Second
i read that Mclellan used to shot his losing dogs with no remorse if they weren't killed by the other dog.

as a dog owner, he is today living his just punishment. ben is the magistrate and his fists gave the guy what he deserved!
Its nice to see people of the same mind set.

I guess that Yesihvarm faget who was defending Gman didnt want to argue anymore, probably had an important session of dick beating to attend to.
Ethan Trims is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2007, 10:23 PM   #42
Lampley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by styles`firm
who was the ref that committed suicide after he was accused of a late or no stoppage?
I believe that was the Mancini fight from the early 1980s.
Lampley is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 07:09 AM   #43
yesihavearm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian55
Its nice to see people of the same mind set.

I guess that Yesihvarm faget who was defending Gman didnt want to argue anymore, probably had an important session of dick beating to attend to.

Do you speak any language that non-gibbering idiots can understand? Try learning elementary grammar before attempting to inflict your next literary abomination on this message board. Thanks for your contribution, but if I had wanted to hear from somebody with your IQ, I'd be at my local supermarket talking to the vegetables.

Right i'll say it one more time for you, maybe this time it will penetrate that infinatley thick head of yours.

"IF HE ACTUALLY DONE THE ANIMAL CRUELTY SHIT THEN YES HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN PUNISHED ACCORDINGLY"

Brain damage is NOT accordingly.

People like you who hold a stupid dogs life in the same regard as another persons need a serious reality check.

DOGS DONT EVEN HAVE THEORY OF MIND (Even know what that is?)
So who gives a shit what happens to them, as they dont actually know themselves.

Oh and leave off the death threats in the private messages thanks, makes you sound about 15. Now abide by a long-sentence of non-posting before I tell your parents, boy.
yesihavearm is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 08:08 AM   #44
Sonny's jab

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesihavearm
"IF HE ACTUALLY DONE THE ANIMAL CRUELTY SHIT THEN YES HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN PUNISHED ACCORDINGLY"

Brain damage is NOT accordingly.

People like you who hold a stupid dogs life in the same regard as another persons need a serious reality check.

DOGS DONT EVEN HAVE THEORY OF MIND (Even know what that is?)
So who gives a shit what happens to them, as they dont actually know themselves.
Dogs are capable of suffering and feeling pain, so what's "Theory of mind" got to do with it ?
Dogs dont have to "know" anything, they just feel the pain and suffer.

Also, McClellan wasn't "punished" for his actions against animals with his brain injury. The brain injury was a result of his FREE CHOICE to get in the ring as a professional boxer. It's a risk of the job.

The dogs who were maltreated by McClellan didnt have the choice to avoid their fate. He bragged about buying a labrador and feeding it to his fighting pitbull that he had beaten and brutalized and starved into a vicious killer. These stupid animals had no choice.

I'm no big animal rights activist but I can tell the difference between a decent human being and sick twisted scum.
Stupid dumb animals such as dogs fit in the pecking order well behind decent human beings, but they are above the sick twisted scum that barely qualify a "human".
Old 08-12-2007, 08:26 AM   #45
Sister Sledge
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

You hate to say it but karma is a bitch. I'm not saying G-Man got what he deserved, but he wasn't a good man. Dog or not, not living thing should be maltreated and abused just for somebody elses pleasure.
Sister Sledge is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum