Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #61
Fallow
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pictures of Gerald Mclellan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
I'll answer you since I've had enough of Fallow's shit. Benn was not ****ing winning. You have to be crazy or totally biased to think that. And yeah, what I've said is a legitimate excuse, not just some rubbish or what you claim(talking to Fallow).
Not crazy or bias (I am not British). I have studied that fight to a depth that you're simple mind could not possibly comprehend. The fight was competitive from the 2nd round onwards, Benn had little difficulty finding Gerald's head with his huge winging hooks.

As I said several posts back, if McClellan was dominating in the manor in which you are implying, then the fight would not be considered the modern day seesaw classic that it is, ergo, you're bitter, twisted and full of shit.

Let it go, your life will be easier, trust me.
Fallow is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2007, 11:54 AM   #62
Fallow
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Why would I be bitter? Read my other posts in this thread about McClellan, I strongly disliked him. I somewhat feel he deserved what he got for what he did, but he was well on his way to winning that fight. You could make a case that the fight was see-saw, but you still don't acknowledge the fact that McClellan nearly had him out of there and that he KD'd him twice, which is why he was CERTAINLY up on the cards.
Why do I need to acknowledge it at all? All I am merely doing is destroying your preposterous assertion that it was a one-sided affair and that Benn was not in the fight. He was not well on his way to winning the fight, that is revisionist history and utter nonsense. Prior to the knockdown in the 8th McClellan was DOWN on the scorecards. Benn had taken most, if not all, of the middle rounds, clearly you were still mesmerised by the beatdown that McClellan handed Benn in the first. You should watch this fight again and revise your woefully distorted opinions, I guarantee you that you’ve not seen that fight as many times as I have.

Quote:
It's not considered a modern day see-saw battle, it's reknowned because of how much heart both showed, how brutal it was, and most of all for how it ended up. Great fight, one guy(McClellan) was clearly the better fighter though, while the other fought back valiantly and showed heart.
Man… you’re not only contracting history but yourself too! How can, by your own admission, a brutal war where both men fought valiantly and showed tremendous heart be anything other than a seesaw classic? How can a fight where one man gets pummelled in the first, rally back to take the majority of the middle rounds, only to be bludgeoned to the canvas once more in the 8th and then come back and knock his man out in the 10th be anything other than a seesaw battle?!?!?!?

Please accept my apologies for the grammatical error, English is not my primary or secondary language.
Fallow is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 12:07 PM   #63
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

vCash: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evisceration
You are the dumbest ****ing British nuthugging imbecile I have ever seen on here. Mclellan destroyed Benn and would have destroyed and raped him 10 out of 10 times if he was fighting healthy. Benn had nothing on Mclellan and was basically knocked the **** out (literally- out of the ring) in the first round.
Cry all you want but history knows who was the better fighter. Benn just like his power, was overrated.
you've just gone from one guys extreme to the other, mclellan was leading no doubt but to suggest he was 'destroying' benn is nuthugging of the highest order as well. benn certainly dished out his fair share of punishment as well, the second round is absolutely brutal when benn comes out like a bull and lands bomb after bomb on the g man.
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 12:19 PM   #64
Fallow
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
You are the dumbest ****ing British nuthugging imbecile I have ever seen on here. Mclellan destroyed Benn and would have destroyed and raped him 10 out of 10 times if he was fighting healthy. Benn had nothing on Mclellan and was basically knocked the **** out (literally- out of the ring) in the first round.

Cry all you want but history knows who was the better fighter. Benn just like his power, was overrated.
Get an education before you address me you petulant little child. McClellan got beaten squarely and fairly by a better man, and that just burns you to the bone.

Benn was taking those middle rounds against your over-hyped boy, the guy was too tough for him. He bobbed and weaved beneath McClellan’s assault and landed frequently and heavily on McClellan to take those rounds. Whilst McClellan was landing he was only landing with single shots, which Benn easily absorbed whilst continuing to push his man backwards.
Fallow is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 12:24 PM   #65
Fallow
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
I guess multiple knockdowns including one out of the ring isn't enough "destruction" for you huh
And I guess having your man feeding through straws for several weeks and permanently disabling him isn't enough destruction for you either?

Two can play that game son.
Fallow is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 12:34 PM   #66
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

vCash: 224

Quote:
I guess multiple knockdowns including one out of the ring isn't enough "destruction" for you huh
i'm not disputing the fact that the g-man was leading and probably should have gone on to win, but there is no doubt that once he tasted benns power in the second that he was not so keen to mix it up like he did in the first which allowed for a much closer fight than the one you seemed to be watching.
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 01:40 PM   #67
Southy

Fact is Mclellan didnt get him out of there and couldnt, Sick bastards always get it in the end he got it and some.
Benn=Warrior
mclellan=Shit human being
Southy is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 05:01 PM   #68
Lampley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Again, Fallow, your opinions on this fight constitute a great deal of wishful thinking.

No one can dispute Benn's amazing, courageous performance. And in the second round, while it at least appears McClellan is OK, Benn was tagging him with huge shots.

But you are simply wrong about the timing of Gerald's problems. He complained to his corner after the second round, but no one acted. And he started fighting with the mouthpiece out most likely because he was struggling already with his breathing.

And certainly, by the time the 8th round rolls around, he is suffering tremendously. Still, he nearly takes Benn out. Do you recall how rubbery Nigel was at the end?

He did land some clean shots on G-Man in the 10th, but Gerald didn't fall like a hurt fighter. He very calmly takes a knee and is blinking furiously by this point. I have the fight on my machine. Don't like to watch it very frequently, but it's must-see material if you're interested in either McClellan or Benn.
Lampley is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 05:19 PM   #69
Kolya
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Everyone who's ever fought Nigel Benn has said that he's a ridiculous puncher; isn't it possible, just maybe, that one of the shots he landed began McClellan's downfall? How about giving Nigel some credit here, people; no one gave him any chance and he came back from the brink to KO a heavily favored opponent. His going outside the ring doesn't matter; what matters is he got up from it.
Kolya is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 06:07 PM   #70
Ethan Trims
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesihavearm
Do you speak any language that non-gibbering idiots can understand? Try learning elementary grammar before attempting to inflict your next literary abomination on this message board. Thanks for your contribution, but if I had wanted to hear from somebody with your IQ, I'd be at my local supermarket talking to the vegetables.
This must be a nerd trying too hard to be intelligent for his own good. "Literary abomination" Keep trying little guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesihavearm

"IF HE ACTUALLY DONE THE ANIMAL CRUELTY SHIT THEN YES HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN PUNISHED ACCORDINGLY"

Brain damage is NOT accordingly.
Whatever, I'm not crying over him getting brain damage and barely anyone else is either. You one of the few. No law needs to punish him, it seems karma did the trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesihavernodick
People like you who hold a stupid dogs life in the same regard as another persons need a serious reality check.
We have already been through this. NO I DONT HOLD A DOGS LIFE IN THE SAME REGARD AS A PERSONS. but I DO HOLD AN ANIMALS LIFE IN A HIGHER REGARD THEN A PIECE OF SHIT HUMAN BEINGS. Try to understand that now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesihavenoarm
DOGS DONT EVEN HAVE THEORY OF MIND (Even know what that is?)
So who gives a shit what happens to them, as they dont actually know themselves.
But they can feel pain just like humans, and most people on this earth outside of the asian culture have a close relationship with canines and dont like to see them abused especially by a rich wealthy person with who's seeking a sick gratification from that animal suffering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesihavenoarm
Oh and leave off the death threats in the private messages thanks, makes you sound about 15. Now abide by a long-sentence of non-posting before I tell your parents, boy.
In person I wouldnt do that, I would just bitch slap you because thats what a bitch deserves and that what you are to me. Any more effort to humiliate you is wasted time and energy.

You should choose your battles a little more carefully next time.
Ethan Trims is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 06:11 PM   #71
Ethan Trims
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
None of the people talking shit about him tortured and mutilated dogs for personal joy. Seriously, he was a ****ed up person.

Yeah dogs are not humans, but they are pure-hearted animals that can feel pain and most of the other emotions humans feel, and can obviously feel physical pain and agony, and the son of a bitch tortured them while giving them no chance, and he did this REPEATEDLY, all the time to give his dogs a taste of blood.

Come the **** on, he got brain damage, you guys wouldn't give two shits if he wasn't a boxer, you'd be happy he got what was coming to him. Fantastic boxer, shit human being.
Nicely put.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:45 PM   #72
Lampley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff

3) King should never have let him fight. He had been suffering a continuous concussion since the Jackson fight - the doctor's advice that he not be allowed to fight was serious enough that Emanuel Steward wasn't in his corner that night. We know Don King's a piece of shit.
Tremendous overall post. I think I agree with it all. Whatever Gerald brought into the ring with him that night, his poor defense and Benn's aggression clearly played a role in the tragic outcome.

I've isolated the part above for the same reason I asked Sweet Pea about this earlier. Where did you see this information? There's so much info out there about this fight, I just have stumbled across it yet.
Lampley is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 07:57 PM   #73
Ethan Trims
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
Just for comparison though, to all the people that think he got what he deserved: do you feel happy that Sugar ray Robinson got alzheimers and led the last years of his life in such an undignified way?

Is that karma for his beating his wife up for years?

Or will you defend him because he's the greatest of all time and that dismisses HIS faults?

Wat Ray did was much, much worse that Gerald.
Spousal abuse is a much more complex crime than animal cruelty. There are plenty of manipulative, evil, crazy women in this world who encourage and enjoy that sort of thing. I have known alot of women like this.

Animal cruelty specifically torturing an animal is basically just to see an animal suffer. Pretty simple.

Im not too familiar with the SRR situation, maybe him and his wife had a love/hate relationship. Maybe she was cheating on him and broke his heart. It certainly isnt isnt like going out of your way too buy a puppy at a pet shop then feeding it to your pitbulls.

You know almost all serial killers start out with animal cruelty, so you see the kind of person that engages in this sort of thing.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:17 PM   #74
ELGALLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughweb
Personally I don't give a **** about animal cruelty anyway - it's not like they know WTF's going on. People shouldn't be so pathetic, man, but maybe I'm just as hard as they come

I'm more concerned about human's
WE FOUND HIM!! HERE IS HUGHWEB....THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION "WHO IS THE MOST HUMAN BEING ALIVE?"
ELGALLO is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 08:32 PM   #75
ELGALLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELGALLO
WE FOUND HIM!! HERE IS HUGHWEB....THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION "WHO IS THE MOST IGNORANT HUMAN BEING ALIVE?"
U KNOW?
ELGALLO is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum