Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2008, 07:17 AM   #46
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: I'm not your buddy, pal.
Posts: 6,581
vCash: 202
Default Re: Starting late

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoohands View Post
well if you have progressed so much why didnt you fight, instead of spending all your time on a forum.
Because like I said I was content just sparring. Not being 18 anymore also means you don't have that competitive drive, I was happy just doing my thing in the gym. I did not start boxing to fight, I started boxing to control my rage. Which it did, then later my coach said why don't you fight and I thought yeah what the hell why not.

I spent a lot of my time doing other things, you know, socializing with friends, working, that sort of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoohands View Post
Seems to me that you do your training at your computer desk. How the hell can you be giving advise to everyone on here when you havnt had a fight and you wouldnt know what its like to step through the ropes on fight day.
I never gave "advice" on actual fights, I gave my "opinion" (big difference) on matters I do have experience with. Like training and sparring for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoohands View Post
Why wouldnt you want to test your self and put all your skills to use and feel the rewards of winning a fight.
Because that was not the reason I took up boxing. But now I do, so I will in February.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoohands View Post
And dont call yourself an amatuer if you havnt had a fight. You cant even call yourself a boxer.
That's your opinion.
RDJ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:43 AM   #47
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: I'm not your buddy, pal.
Posts: 6,581
vCash: 202
Default Re: Starting late

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoohands View Post
look anyone who boxes wants to be a great boxer
See, that's where you're wrong. All I wanted in the first years was to not go mental. Later, I discovered that I'm not totally terrible at it, like I thought at first. So I sparred more and more and became somewhat addicted to it. I'm a defensive boxer type of fighter, so I could do this for 5 more years and still learn enough every week to keep me satisfied.

It's all about having fun for me. It's good that you want to be a great boxer, but I'm being realistic. When I started I was 28 years old, very clumsy, 183 pounds, and my head was on backwards. Now my head is clear most of the time, I'm in good shape, and can hold my ground when I spar against the guys who did have lots of fights. That in itself is more than I ever hoped to achieve, and I'm quite content with it.

If it doesn't match your goals, well big ****ing deal. I'm not doing this for you anyway.
RDJ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:51 AM   #48
Polymath
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,328
vCash: 500
Default Re: Starting late

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoohands View Post
well if you have progressed so much why didnt you fight, instead of spending all your time on a forum. Seems to me that you do your training at your computer desk. How the hell can you be giving advise to everyone on here when you havnt had a fight and you wouldnt know what its like to step through the ropes on fight day.
Why wouldnt you want to test your self and put all your skills to use and feel the rewards of winning a fight.
And dont call yourself an amatuer if you havnt had a fight. You cant even call yourself a boxer.
stop being such a ****
Polymath is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:57 AM   #49
twoohands
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mayweather....
Posts: 373
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Starting late

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
Because like I said I was content just sparring. Not being 18 anymore also means you don't have that competitive drive, I was happy just doing my thing in the gym. I did not start boxing to fight, I started boxing to control my rage. Which it did, then later my coach said why don't you fight and I thought yeah what the hell why not.

I spent a lot of my time doing other things, you know, socializing with friends, working, that sort of thing.



I never gave "advice" on actual fights, I gave my "opinion" (big difference) on matters I do have experience with. Like training and sparring for example.



Because that was not the reason I took up boxing. But now I do, so I will in February.



That's your opinion.

-------

now your telling me you started boxing to control your rage, didnt you say ina post in this thread that you spent to much time being a sensative bitch before you started boxing.

and..

boxers are people who actually fight, not bitches who train for 4 years with out having a fight. You cant call yourself a boxer because you train.
If i trained with a bball team does that mean im a bball player. NO! competing makes you a player.

whats your name maybe we can organise a fight. we can meet at 145.
twoohands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:08 AM   #50
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: I'm not your buddy, pal.
Posts: 6,581
vCash: 202
Default Re: Starting late

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoohands View Post
now your telling me you started boxing to control your rage, didnt you say ina post in this thread that you spent to much time being a sensative bitch before you started boxing.
Nope, read again. I started boxing because my father was murdered and that creates a lot of problems in your head. Problems that cause aggression, I needed a way to control that. Boxing solved that problem, and down the line I started liking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoohands View Post
boxers are people who actually fight, not bitches who train for 4 years with out having a fight. You cant call yourself a boxer because you train.
I call myself a boxer because I box and because I will soon have my first fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoohands View Post
If i trained with a bball team does that mean im a bball player. NO! competing makes you a player.
I think it would, but not a competitive player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoohands View Post
whats your name maybe we can organise a fight. we can meet at 145.


What's your name? Since you're the e-tough man here I'm sure you don't mind telling. And why the **** exactly would I want to fight you at 145, I'll fight whoever they tell me to at 140, in February instead.

Ps. I don't mind your opinion, or any criticism in general, but keep the name calling at a minimum please that does not belong here.
RDJ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:28 AM   #51
twoohands
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mayweather....
Posts: 373
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Starting late

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
Nope, read again. I started boxing because my father was murdered and that creates a lot of problems in your head. Problems that cause aggression, I needed a way to control that. Boxing solved that problem, and down the line I started liking it.



I call myself a boxer because I box and because I will soon have my first fight.



I think it would, but not a competitive player.





What's your name? Since you're the e-tough man here I'm sure you don't mind telling. And why the **** exactly would I want to fight you at 145, I'll fight whoever they tell me to at 140, in February instead.

Ps. I don't mind your opinion, or any criticism in general, but keep the name calling at a minimum please that does not belong here.

---------

mark johnson, cos im 150 and your 140, meet in the middle im more like 148 now we can meet at 142
now whats your name
twoohands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:32 AM   #52
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: I'm not your buddy, pal.
Posts: 6,581
vCash: 202
Default Re: Starting late

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoohands View Post
---------

mark johnson, cos im 150 and your 140, meet in the middle im more like 148 now we can meet at 142
now whats your name
Like I said why the **** would I do that?
RDJ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:36 AM   #53
twoohands
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mayweather....
Posts: 373
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Starting late

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
Like I said why the **** would I do that?

why wouldnt you, uv been lippy all day

Last edited by twoohands; 12-24-2008 at 08:53 AM. Reason: cos
twoohands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:55 AM   #54
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: I'm not your buddy, pal.
Posts: 6,581
vCash: 202
Default Re: Starting late

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoohands View Post
why wouldnt you, uv been lippy all day
You were the lippy one mate. I'm done with this if you have nothing to contribute anymore.
RDJ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:58 AM   #55
MrSmall
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 73
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Starting late

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
You were the lippy one mate. I'm done with this if you have nothing to contribute anymore.
This post reminds me of a GAY MAN.
MrSmall is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:02 AM   #56
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: I'm not your buddy, pal.
Posts: 6,581
vCash: 202
Default Re: Starting late

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmall View Post
This post reminds me of a GAY MAN.
I'm not in the Trailer Park Series mate, you'll have to get your fix elsewhere.
RDJ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:09 AM   #57
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: I'm not your buddy, pal.
Posts: 6,581
vCash: 202
Default Re: Starting late

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoohands View Post
good call,
Terrible call actually, I don't lift weights.
RDJ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:29 AM   #58
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 19,025
vCash: 836
Default Re: Starting late

leave RDJ alone

he trains for boxing and is fighting in February so in my mind is a boxer and he is a very knowledgeable guy on training and sparring techniques and just because he has differnt goals than you dosent mean hes not a boxer

all your doing is being pricks to be honest

y would you challenge someone on the internet to a boxing match i fight who im told i dont make my own fights
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:33 AM   #59
znaak
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 943
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Starting late

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoohands View Post
whats your name maybe we can organise a fight. we can meet at 145.
omg...
znaak is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:25 AM   #60
Polymath
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,328
vCash: 500
Default Re: Starting late

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoohands View Post
---------

mark johnson, cos im 150 and your 140, meet in the middle im more like 148 now we can meet at 142
now whats your name
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Polymath is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013