Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 08-13-2007, 05:57 AM   #46
KTFO

vCash:
Default Re: When Rocky Marciano...

Quote:
Holyfield was a great fighter with heart and will to win that rivals Rocky's. It would be a war, but Rocky's immense natural ruggedness and strength would carry the day. (Assuming he was brought into the modern era with contemporary nutritional and training techniques.)

Marciano was slow,Holy was not. Marciano was a slow powerpuncher,Holy was a technical puncher with a bang. Holy would outbox AND bang the shyte out of Marciano. Marciano's style is made for Holy no matter how much roids he would take.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2007, 07:02 AM   #47
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1887

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTFO
Marciano was slow,Holy was not. Marciano was a slow powerpuncher,Holy was a technical puncher with a bang. Holy would outbox AND bang the shyte out of Marciano. Marciano's style is made for Holy no matter how much roids he would take.
I tend to disagree. Holyfield had a propensity to get dragged into a brawl, and under what circumstances does he beat Marciano at his own game?
Holyfield had great stamina and he threw a ton of punches at you, he overwhelmed you with volume. However, Evander's strong points are Marciano's too. Same great stamina and similar punch volume. Marciano though, had the bonus of a genuine fight-ending punch with either hand.
I'm not saying he could KO Evander with one shot, but in general he had heavier hands and over a long fight that edge in power would help him in a rough fight.
Anyway, I think this would be a great, great fight. Maybe if Evander chose to box he'd win, but in a brawl (which is what I think the fight would become) I have to go with the guy who is more suited to do so.
fists of fury is online now  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 03:55 PM   #48
KTFO

vCash:

Quote:
Holyfield had a propensity to get dragged into a brawl, and under what circumstances does he beat Marciano at his own game?

Under same circumstances he won twice against a much speedier Tyson.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:02 PM   #49
Manassa
-
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I tell you what, Randolph Turpin beat Don ****ell a lot more definitively and effectively than Marciano did.
Manassa is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 05:04 PM   #50
Sonny's jab

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manassa
I tell you what, Randolph Turpin beat Don ****ell a lot more definitively and effectively than Marciano did.
I agree.
And ****ell looked to be the same fighter but without the 30 pounds of blubber.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:16 PM   #51
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Tyson did not know how to infight.
janitor is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 07:33 PM   #52
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

Tyson had no heart,Marciano had heart and power and stamina bad combo for the opponent,as soon as Douglas and Holyfield stood up to Mike he quit and he did it again with Williams and McBride, HEART (or as Vlad Klitschko says BALLS) Thats one thing the tale of the tape measurements leave out and Marciano NEEDED a WHEEL Barrell to carry his
Bummy Davis is online now  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 12:23 AM   #53
Marciano Frazier
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manassa
Ummm... What criteria are you using here? Marciano won either every round or every round but one(some had the second round for ****ell), floored ****ell three times and stopped him in nine. How, exactly, can you beat someone more "definitively" or "effectively" than that? Maybe a 30-second knockout or something of the like, but Turpin took into the 11th. Further, although I haven't seen the fight, the AP account describes it as a "bruising" match, which doesn't sound like a total slaughter.
Marciano Frazier is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 01:11 AM   #54
Dempsey1238
Champion
East Side Guru

The Marciano ****ell fight was pretty much a slaughter. That ref stop the fight a few rounds too late imo.
Dempsey1238 is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 08:26 AM   #55
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

The Marciano haters are getting more ridiculous and more ridiculous, now even a natural disaster, whos so slow like me when Im both, drunk and drugged up, Tye Fields would beat "the bum Marciano" in 1 round by easy KO...

grow up kids!
Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 09:37 AM   #56
KTFO

vCash:

Quote:
Tyson had no heart,Marciano had heart and power and stamina bad combo for the opponent,as soon as Douglas and Holyfield stood up to Mike he quit and he did it again with Williams and McBride, HEART (or as Vlad Klitschko says BALLS) Thats one thing the tale of the tape measurements leave out and Marciano NEEDED a WHEEL Barrell to carry his

Tyson had enough heart to pull a UD against a Razor Ruddock or Tony Tucker,and this win was by no means very easy for Tyson.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:41 AM   #57
KTFO

vCash:

Quote:
Tyson did not know how to infight.

OMG
Old 08-14-2007, 10:48 AM   #58
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
OMG
I stand by my statment. Tyson was not a true infighter but a mid range fighter who just had verry short arms.
janitor is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 01:01 PM   #59
KTFO

vCash:

Quote:
I stand by my statment. Tyson was not a true infighter but a mid range fighter who just had verry short arms.

With what footage do you want to prove that theory?
Old 08-14-2007, 01:30 PM   #60
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
With what footage do you want to prove that theory?
Any.

There is not one fight where he shows genuine infighting ability. An infighter is sombody whose shoulders practicaly touch his oponents chest. Take Henry Armstrong as the classic example.
janitor is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum