Old 08-11-2007, 10:01 PM   #16
rodney
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: mayweather vs forrest at 154

This fight wont happen.
No money in this fight.
No one will be banging on the door to see Forest.
Forest doesnt impress.
Mayweather is the man.
rodney is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2007, 11:45 PM   #17
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Forrest now cannot beat mayweather. I agree Forrest has the perfect style to beat him for the current fighters but not at this stage in his career. Prime for prime then we are talking. But now..you guys hate Floyd a little too much. I see where your coming from. But baldomir is not a hard targert..lol His head is the biggest bullseye in boxing. That is a MACK truck. I admit you guys know what your talking about with the style but not Forrest now. Floyd would make him be the aggressor and use crazy energy. Floyd would get a split or win a close decision while you guys claim robbery b/c Forrest wins 4-5 rounds just like Castillo in the first fight....Some things in boxing will never change
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 08:51 AM   #18
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lehudson
funny this poll is 50/50 but if Floyd were actaully to fight Forrest there would be outrage. Kinda like about 50% of the yahoos here picked Gatti to beat Floyd then about 60% picked Oscar. Afterwards it was a disgrace, Floyd was fighting handpicked past thier prime fighters.
Woah there.

Don't go exposing the whole forum like that in just a couple of lines.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 08:52 AM   #19
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreat
The only problem Forrest has is injuries, he did fight mayo wrong the first time as he underestimated Mayo and got KTFO trying out slug him which led to him being scared in the rematch. Forrest would not underestimate PBF. The fight could go either way IMO but Forrest would whip anybody else at 147 who moves up to challenge him.
You say that is his only problems then admit he didn't fight smart and then fought scared!!!

This is a damn close fight. Forrest is a quality operator.

Floyd is the better fighter but Forrest is naturally bigger. I'd call it 55-45.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 09:00 AM   #20
Sister Sledge
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I just watched Forrest whip Baldo and the guy seems to have everything back; speed, jab, confidence. His size would be what would determine the winner, and he is so much bigger than Floyd. Vernon by a close UD.
Sister Sledge is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 07:19 PM   #21
TheGreat
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 962

Quote:
Originally Posted by styles`firm
size does not beat mayweather. superior boxing skills beats mayweather.
Not in this case, Forrest is a little past it but he is easily about 2 weight classes bigger than PBF and that gives him a real advantage, Have you seen PBF at 140 , against guys his own size, he beat the crap out of Corley, Brusales, and Gatti and at 147 Mitchell and Judah but with bigger foes he CAN NOT GO TOT TO TOE like he did against guys his own size and with the reach advantage Vernon has PBF would have to fight on the inside with the much bigger stronger guy which is why a good big man will usually beat a good little man but PBF is great so he could beat Forrest IMO but it could go either way.
TheGreat is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 07:27 PM   #22
TheGreat
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdp000109
I doubt his size would give him any big advantage... Did it help Oscar who is suppose to hit like a heavyweight? And Forrest doesn't hit as hard as Oscar so the size is a non issue.

Mayweather 116-112.
Watch PBF against guys his own size and and you will see how much size matters if PBF had been the bigger guy it would not have been competitive at all and he would he would have beat the tar out of DLH.
TheGreat is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 07:29 PM   #23
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Yeah. Size does not mean that much with mayweather he is not a flat footed fighter. The thing is Vernons jab and right hand that follows. I mean floyd never fought anyone with that style and accuracy. Mayweather usually whips taller fighters anyway.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:30 PM   #24
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

I think Floyd would likely win a close fight. But I certainly wouldn't count Forrest out. He has the size and skill to make it competitive. Forrest would be the one trying to make it a fight, and likely pay for it in the end.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 07:33 PM   #25
platnumpapi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

well i know everyone is still cuming off the vipers win over baldo so this is to be expected of most of you.but we talking pretty boy vs the viper.hmm i think it would be a toss up fight.

pbf is skilled but i dont think he will beat the viber on some pot shot shit, maybe the bigger slower fighters he can get away with that but not the viber.

the viper has good speed and power to hurt pbf and he has the jab and understands the way its suppose to be used.the viper has always been hurt so i dont know how good he really is if he has never fought at 100 percent.

i only seen him 2 fights before his 1 fight with shane, but from what i have seen in him i think the fight could go either way.i can see the viper beating pbf as well and vice verca.

so i said all that and cant tell you who i think would win, well its like that sometimes.
platnumpapi is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 07:35 PM   #26
jecxbox
St. Brett
ESB Addict

25 people are on crack
jecxbox is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 07:38 PM   #27
TheGreat
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
Yeah. Size does not mean that much with mayweather he is not a flat footed fighter. The thing is Vernons jab and right hand that follows. I mean floyd never fought anyone with that style and accuracy. Mayweather usually whips taller fighters anyway.
I know Forrest is good but what if PBF had the massive size advantage instead of the other way around would you give this version of Forrest at 36 yrs old a chance?
TheGreat is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 07:40 PM   #28
TheGreat
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecxbox
25 people are on crack
P4P PBF is the better fighter but Vernon is a very good fighter with a huge size advantage which can not be ignored IMO.
TheGreat is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 07:52 PM   #29
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreat
I know Forrest is good but what if PBF had the massive size advantage instead of the other way around would you give this version of Forrest at 36 yrs old a chance?
Actually the short stout fighter that gets under floyds punches gives him much trouble. Castillo is not short but he fights in a crouch and comes in very low as does Jesus chavez who is super short. Floyd had problems with both to me. Same size you get beat up. But shorter is not that much of a disadvantage. Mitchell dont really count he was fighting scared.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:54 PM   #30
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Forrest would be competitive ..very competitive I mean he would not be Floyds Tarver. But he would be risky.

Last edited by one man gang; 04-29-2006 at 10:56 AM. Reason: typemistake

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum