Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2007, 11:02 PM   #31
jecxbox
St. Brett
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: mayweather vs forrest at 154

Quote:
P4P PBF is the better fighter but Vernon is a very good fighter with a huge size advantage which can not be ignored IMO.
His reach would be easy work for Floyd..His wins over Mosley are misleading if you are comparing that to how Floyd would turn out. Mosley isn't really a defensive fighter..he stands straight up..Floyd would get around that reach no problem come in quick as hell and peck him in the face all night. He doesn't have what it takes to beat Floyd.
jecxbox is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2007, 11:06 PM   #32
stillafan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Very competitive fight....factors are Forrest size, when hes not scared.....he fights pretty impressive....Floyd would have nothing too hurt Forrest with, plus Forrest being over 6ft tall with a rangy jab, plus his ugly clinchathon would can Frustrate a much much smaller Floyd....Floyd a much better fighter P4p, but the size and strength cannot be ignored....id lean to Floyd in an ultra defensive boring fight, but you cannot ignore Forrest in that match up...
stillafan is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 11:11 PM   #33
nervousxtian
Trolljegeren
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I'm a Floyd fan, but Forrest should win this fight. He has all the tools to beat Floyd, but only because he is naturally so much bigger than Floyd.

Floyd has no business at 154, let alone 147, he should of stuck at 140 and made a legacy.
nervousxtian is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 11:15 PM   #34
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

This is a tossup.

Floyd would have more problems than he could count with the reach and boxing ability that Forrest has. I know how good he is and all but he hasn't fought anybody as skilled with the type of frame that Forrest has. Not to mention Forrest is most likely going to be the more comfortable guy at 154.

Its the type that I'm certain will almost never happen. We saw how he kept SSM at bay and truth is he didn't look too far from that.

I think Floyd should win but its like the only reason we pick him to win is because he is Floyd Mayweather. Unbeaten and has high expectations to fulfill. Don't be surprised if Forrest rains on the parade once again.

Forrest on a hunch.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 01:02 AM   #35
TheGreat
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 962

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillafan
Very competitive fight....factors are Forrest size, when hes not scared.....he fights pretty impressive....Floyd would have nothing too hurt Forrest with, plus Forrest being over 6ft tall with a rangy jab, plus his ugly clinchathon would can Frustrate a much much smaller Floyd....Floyd a much better fighter P4p, but the size and strength cannot be ignored....id lean to Floyd in an ultra defensive boring fight, but you cannot ignore Forrest in that match up...
Exactly how I see it.
TheGreat is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 01:04 AM   #36
TheGreat
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervousxtian
I'm a Floyd fan, but Forrest should win this fight. He has all the tools to beat Floyd, but only because he is naturally so much bigger than Floyd.

Floyd has no business at 154, let alone 147, he should of stuck at 140 and made a legacy.
Everybody acts like they are the same size which they aren't, this would be a tough fight to call because of the size difference.
TheGreat is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 01:07 AM   #37
TheGreat
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecxbox
His reach would be easy work for Floyd..His wins over Mosley are misleading if you are comparing that to how Floyd would turn out. Mosley isn't really a defensive fighter..he stands straight up..Floyd would get around that reach no problem come in quick as hell and peck him in the face all night. He doesn't have what it takes to beat Floyd.
Anybody that can put a prime SSM on thier ass is someone you have to respect combine that with the size advantage and this would be a good fight.
TheGreat is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 01:51 AM   #38
jecxbox
St. Brett
ESB Addict

Quote:
Anybody that can put a prime SSM on thier ass is someone you have to respect combine that with the size advantage and this would be a good fight.
Well we aren't talking about the same Vernon Forrest are we? He is older now and he isn't as sharp as he used to so this entire topic is pointless.
jecxbox is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 05:59 PM   #39
TheGreat
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecxbox
Well we aren't talking about the same Vernon Forrest are we? He is older now and he isn't as sharp as he used to so this entire topic is pointless.
True But neither was Oscar and him and PBF were even after 8 at 154 until Oscar faded like he always does in big fights. Vernon doesn't fade plus you can't ignore how much bigger he than PBF he is.
TheGreat is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 12:57 AM   #40
TheGreat
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by styles`firm
i'm gonna go on the limb here and say forrest is a prettier boxer than pretty boy.
TheGreat is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 01:02 AM   #41
Alo2006
R.I.P Sean Taylor
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex
I'd give Forrest the benefit of the doubt because of the way he handled Mosley. Forrest has the style to beat shorter, slick boxers with quick hands.

The only significant concern is whether Forrest has his full confidence back.
Mosley isn't a slick boxer, nor do he have the defense Floyd has, so u can't compare how Forrest did with Mosley.
Alo2006 is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 01:10 AM   #42
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Forrest knows how to keep smaller fighters at the end of his jab, which is why I think he would win.
paulfv is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum