Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-21-2008, 11:00 PM   #31
bill poster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Manny prove as elusive as PBF for Hatton

Deluded people
Hatton has always taken punches at 140 - its always been that way. Does he have a problem with his reach? No. Does he have speed.? yes., speed to match and power that Manny has never felt. He is a very strong fighter at 140!!
Manny is a an exceptional fighter but fought a punchbag at 135 and a zombie at 147, lost to Marquez IMO and beat an old Barrera.
bill poster is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2008, 12:18 AM   #32
bennyj
Contender
ESB Senior Member

This fight is freakin exciting! when they collide in the middle of the ring, there will be such an explosion . honestly, it is a pickem fight, and especially since bost guys are great in and out of the ring. im a fan of both personally, and cant pick easily who to root for. leaning towards hatton tko late rounds
bennyj is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2008, 01:16 AM   #33
raiderjay
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill poster View Post
Crap post
Talk about a crap post. You don't even bring anything to the table and your the freakin thread starter.

So, other than an absolutely shot Castillo, who has Hatton just destroyed with one big shot and then a follow up barrage in the early rounds? If you say Maussa, I think it will show your ridiculous arguing ability.

Who clown? Who? Oh, that's right. No one. Now shut the **** up and stop starting threads on subjects you know nothing about. Maybe start a thread on what Hatton's **** looks like from two inches away from your nose.
raiderjay is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2008, 04:06 AM   #34
martyman49
Zechs Marquise

manny way too much 4 ricky....
martyman49 is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2008, 09:12 AM   #35
Adaptation
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1008

Wont be elusive, but will punch 10 times as more to KO ricky much faster.
Adaptation is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2008, 07:06 PM   #36
bill poster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderjay View Post
Talk about a crap post. You don't even bring anything to the table and your the freakin thread starter.

So, other than an absolutely shot Castillo, who has Hatton just destroyed with one big shot and then a follow up barrage in the early rounds? If you say Maussa, I think it will show your ridiculous arguing ability.

Who clown? Who? Oh, that's right. No one. Now shut the **** up and stop starting threads on subjects you know nothing about. Maybe start a thread on what Hatton's **** looks like from two inches away from your nose.
Actually, I started this thread just for you because I love you Raiderjoy, so much so that I got you an xmas present

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
bill poster is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2008, 07:15 PM   #37
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru

Hatton style is good for pacman cuz he likes to brawl. Pacman has improved since moving up from super featherweight. He uses his footwork to move around so he wont be easy to hit. Delahoya couldn't catch him with a good shot. With hatton i believe pacman will used the same startegy. Move in and out and used his speed to beat hatton to the punch. Pacman's chin is better than people think. He has taken good shots from marquez-barrera and morales and didn't get knockdown. (1st fight with barrera is a slip not a KD) so i think he would be ok if he gets tag by hatton.
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2008, 07:20 PM   #38
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill poster View Post
Deluded people
Hatton has always taken punches at 140 - its always been that way. Does he have a problem with his reach? No. Does he have speed.? yes., speed to match and power that Manny has never felt. He is a very strong fighter at 140!!
Manny is a an exceptional fighter but fought a punchbag at 135 and a zombie at 147, lost to Marquez IMO and beat an old Barrera.
Beat an old barrera who knockdown marquez in the 7th round earlier the year but the dumbazz ref was too blind to see. If marquez can keep himself off the canvass then maybe he can have a chance to beat pacman 1st fight pac was robbed since a judge didn't know that a 3 KD is a 10-6 instead of a 10-7
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2008, 07:28 PM   #39
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

I like both guys, but if this fight is not in England, and it looks like it will not be, then I think it's quite likely Hatton's going to get rolled.

Certainly Hatton is the larger man naturally, but he's only 1" taller and 2" less of reach. Against someone with Pac's speed, power, and movement that reach disadvantage -- as slight as it is -- could be a very real issue for Rick.

Rick's best chance in this match would be the brawl and maul style which he is far likelier to be able to ply on his home turf than in Vegas (ask Joe Cortez about that). If Hatton is forced to, relatively speaking, box Pac 'straight-up' he could get dominated. In fact, Pacquiao could end the fight faster than Mayweather did. That is my first read on what will happen here.

However, Hatton has plenty of pop and workrate, and he is bigger than Pac and Pac has shown he can be hurt and KO'd. Add in Rick's bodywork and you have what could be a full-out brawl in the making.

I think Pac gets the better of such a bout, but if Hatton is able to land a few well-placed blows then it could be Pac who is hitting the deck for the 10 count or being saved by the ref.

This is a gigantic fight, and I really hope the deal gets made.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2008, 07:35 PM   #40
Marnoff
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Just to answer the thread title with regard to Manny proving as "elusive" as Floyd... the answer is a resounding "no". Manny is not the defensive fighter Floyd is, but he has shown incredible improvements to his game as he has matured as a fighter. He seems to calculate a lot more in there now while still retaining his offensive intensity.
Marnoff is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2008, 07:40 PM   #41
MikeC
Journeyman

i dont see how pac, an offensive minded pressure fighter... will be as elusive as a counter puncher and one of the best defensive boxers to come along this decade.
MikeC is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2008, 07:42 PM   #42
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

He will and it's his key to victory. He cannot box that well and don't think he'll be able to keep Ricky off him enough to win rounds. Hatton roughs him up down the stretch to a clear victory.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2008, 07:43 PM   #43
sthomas
Belt holder
ESB Addict

We won't be able to tell for sure until fight night but Pac. appears to have a sizeable advantage in handspeed and a slight advantage in foot speed, he's better with angles, plus he moves his torso very well. If this all pans out Hatton is doomed. If Hatton surprises us with his hand and foot speed he has a decent shot but Pac. has much less predictable movement and works the angles so I still give him the advantage as long as he's smart with his plan. Hatton will have to successfully bang away @ the body for this fight to go his way.
sthomas is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 09:32 AM   #44
motorcity
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 520

Bump
motorcity is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #45
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion