Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 12-21-2008, 08:26 PM   #1
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685
Default Quality shoes for jogging.

I'm about to go buy myself a pair of running shoes for jogging. Jogging will be the main purpose but at the same time it would be nice to have something multifunctional because i do play tennis, indoor soccer, and basketball from time to time.

Where I lives there's about 5-6 months of cold and snow so something that takes that into consideration would be nice.

thanks for the tips.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2008, 08:28 PM   #2
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202
Default Re: Quality shoes for jogging.

Buy one pair for outdoor and one for indoor use. I suspect you are going to run on asphalt, indoor gym shoes don't have enough support.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2008, 12:58 AM   #3
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

how do i tell an outdoor shoe from an indoor running shoe. Surely the pimpleface at footlocker won't know.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2008, 02:31 AM   #4
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

i am fairly new at running with only 3 months of experience. i have run two 5k and three 10k with some LSD runs when there are no events. if you would be running on paved road or a track oval, it's nice to buy shoes with cushion support for long runs. check shoes from adidas adizero (what i'm using now). asics gel technology or mizuno wave also please check them out. you can also use nike's lunaracer or lunar trainer for long runs which by the way is on limited edition only. if you are running on a trail, check out new balance trail shoes.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2008, 02:45 AM   #5
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA View Post
how do i tell an outdoor shoe from an indoor running shoe. Surely the pimpleface at footlocker won't know.
go to a running specialty store. i used to think that any shoe store knows what is for running and what is for other sports. also, selections in a running shoe store varies widely. they are the one's with those footscanner that can tell what type of foot you have and advises you what shoe to use/buy.

an outdoor shoe RDJ was telling could be the trail shoes which has support to run through dirt and muds. but if you run outdoor in the paved road or track oval, you can use the regular light running shoes with nice cushion that you also use in the threadmill.

basically, if you are not running in the mountains and rough grounds, you don't need these trail shoes.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2008, 12:29 PM   #6
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

thanks for the tips. I'll go for the track shoes for now because i'll probably be running on snow and slippery surfaces during the winter.

It seems from this thread like i should buy one sneaker for jogging in the winter, one for jogging in the summer, and one for the gym.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2008, 06:38 PM   #7
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA View Post
thanks for the tips. I'll go for the track shoes for now because i'll probably be running on snow and slippery surfaces during the winter.

It seems from this thread like i should buy one sneaker for jogging in the winter, one for jogging in the summer, and one for the gym.
I'd buy two pairs. One for trails and one for indoor. Running in snow requires being careful, your shoes won't do that for you, but you'll plan each step carefully to avoid slipping (foot placement), which makes it easier for your knees and ankles. I'm not sure if I'm making sense I had a few beers (yeah I know).
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2008, 04:42 PM   #8
ShadowWorks
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Humans are not suppose to walk or run in concert side walls and tarred roads, we should be walking on soil, grass and sand, if you ever look at the soles of a person who lives in a rural place who do not wear foot ware, you will see a thick hard sole that is padded out, modern human foot ware makes are feet soft and easy to cut, air bubbles are good but they have a short life span before the gas escapes.
ShadowWorks is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2008, 06:27 PM   #9
Charles White
Chucker
ESB Addict

vCash: 999

New Balance is the way to go. You get back every bit you paid for in quality and comfort. I bought a pair two years ago, and they still look and perform great.
Charles White is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2008, 07:13 PM   #10
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles White View Post
New Balance is the way to go. You get back every bit you paid for in quality and comfort. I bought a pair two years ago, and they still look and perform great.
new balance are good
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2008, 07:26 PM   #11
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

I bought a pair for the police academy years ago and they were great. We ran for 9 weeks straight, every day, and those motherfuggas didn't even break. Highly recommend them!
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2008, 11:59 PM   #12
ShadowWorks
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles White View Post
You are aware NB along with all trainers are made in China for pennies, get ones on sale, last seasons, clearance stock, display items, who cares what the RRP is, only what you can get them for now.
ShadowWorks is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2008, 03:33 PM   #13
gatto
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

nike shox....good??...bad??
gatto is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2008, 03:56 PM   #14
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

.............Placing one brand over another is not really the way to go when shopping for running shoes. All brands make good shoes these days, they have to keep up with everybody else just to stay in business; as a result of this fierce competition, differences in sheer quality is really just semantics with running shoes.

Nike, New Balance, Adidas, Brooks, Asics, Saucony........they're all good. The waters are muddied all the more when you consider just how many models each brand has. The numbers are staggering. Each model represents the solution to a need of a specific kind of runner, and isn't right for everybody.

For example; my mainstay is the Brooks Adrenaline GTS. It's a stability shoe for slight overpronators and has good cushioning. They'e perfect for me, but if I was a lighter runner who tended to underpronate, they'd ruin me.

Many lighter runners with a clean stride like the Mizuno Waverider, as there isn't as much added weight to slow them down. Such shoes would probably cave my arches in.

That's why it's so important to find out which ones are the best match for you. Are you a pronator? Which arch type are you? Are you a lighter or heavier runner, necessitating the need for more or less cushioning in the midsole? Considering all these necessary questions, it would seem silly to just walk into a store and say, "hey, these look cool, I'll get those." Or, "so-and-so likes these, so they must be good. Sign me up."

This is probably a big reason so many people say "running is hard for me, because my knees hurt," or similar statements.

As someone else mentioned before, get to a running specialty store, like Roadrunner Sports, where they will put you on a treadmill and videotape you running. They'll watch it with you and pick apart your stride, then recommend the appropriate type of shoe.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2008, 04:21 PM   #15
gatto
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

yea...i got nike shox for xmas so i wanted to know. they seem great though
gatto is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing