Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 03-15-2011, 08:59 AM   #496
duran duran
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Lennox Lewis vs Mike Tyson, prime for prime, who wins?

peak tyson would have destroyed peak lewis if it lasted more than 4 rounds id have been surprised lewis chin would not have withstood tysons speed and power .
duran duran is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2011, 07:11 PM   #497
kmcc505
Sweet Scientist
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

For the record, I take Prime Holyfield over both.

But to answer your question, I think Tyson gets Lewis prime for prime.
kmcc505 is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2011, 07:19 PM   #498
Tuaman
Return Of The Terminator
ESB Jr Member

I have nothing but admiration and respect for Lennox Lewis. He was an excellent fighter. But even against the faded version of Tyson, Lewis sometimes dropped his hands and left himself wide open for counters. The 19-20 year-old Mike Tyson would blast that chin eventually, either with a single shot or a devastating combination. Lewis would land some hard uppercuts, I'm sure. But the young Tyson wouldn't submit the way the 2002 version did. Tyson took vicious uppercuts from Razor Ruddock and Jose Ribalta and kept on coming.
Tuaman is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2011, 07:27 PM   #499
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Lennox Lewis..!
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #500
kolcade4
Keep Punchin'
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBILL View Post
Lewis KO's Tyson any time any place, etc....

MR.BILL
OMG ,Would you listen to this guy?!!! Nobody could **** with TYSON IN 86-90. Douglas should've been counted out in the 8th rd when he went down. James "Bonecrusher" Smith fought a smart fight against Tyson as well as James Tillis(non title). I think that a prime Tyson is too aggresive and quick for any version of Lennox Lewis.

Last edited by kolcade4; 03-16-2011 at 10:02 AM.
kolcade4 is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2011, 11:32 AM   #501
Vince Voltage
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Lewis would have won. People talk about his chin....I don't think he was up mentally for McCall or Rahman, two guys that stopped him. When motivated, he beat them both. He'd be very up for Tyson and would have too much size, reach, and skill on Mike. Tyson was a wrecking machine against guys who werent't that big, or else against big guys who weren't that good. Lewis is big AND good...he'd TKO Mike much in the way Buster did.
Vince Voltage is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2011, 04:12 PM   #502
kmcc505
Sweet Scientist
ESB Full Member

Lewis could have one. Those three (Holy, Lion and Iron Mike) are the best of the last 25 years or so. It's a fun debate for sure.
kmcc505 is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2011, 04:14 PM   #503
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolcade4 View Post
OMG ,Would you listen to this guy?!!! Nobody could **** with TYSON IN 86-90. Douglas should've been counted out in the 8th rd when he went down.
Not in the fight I saw he shouldn't have been. Seems to me he recovered pretty well, don't you think?

As far as Tyson goes, I'm about a year older than him, so I watched all his fights, and I use to think the same thing, especially after he beat Spinks, but time has allowed me to put this in better perspective. Tyson was a monster in his prime, but everyone can be beat..even Tyson, hell before Tyson they said the exact same thing about Foreman, til he got in the ring with Ali.
Vanboxingfan is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2011, 01:34 AM   #504
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Bad style matchup for Mike. Lennox was always too big for him, although the Tyson who fought Biggs might have been able to break him down to the body and then knock him out.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2011, 05:15 AM   #505
sauhund II
Contender
ESB Senior Member

If you participate in one of the most boring fights ever aka the fat one trick pony Tua and are playing it safe because your chin is not up to par, are afraid , again because of your chin, to finish a crying crackhead despite said combatant did not throw any leather or get wobbled by a freaking lame ass jab administered by borderline journeyman Rahman in the the rematch.........you ain't knocking out a motivated properly trained and hungry fresh not washed up past prison Tyson, not even close, win a decision maybe but KO no way Jose.

LOL, love the Stewart begging and screaming "you got a dead man in here finish him off" and big bad Lemmie still did not pull the trigger against the shell of a shell Tyson impersonator in their actual fight................yeah, big bad Lemmie, he is about as hystericlly over rated and hyped up as the other big bad guy, Sonny "Two times quit" Liston.

The parallel is similar to WK/Lemmie, let them fight from range, use the jab, tie up when up close, play it safe, impose your game........typical Stewart chin protector recipe for questionable wiskers..............but put them in a dog fight up close with no breathing room, make them over commit and fight instead of slowing the pace they look very very vulnerable , see the Sanders or Mercer fights, anf that what a Tyson would bring.....reacting without thinking, the Stewart fighters trained nightmare.

BTW, a lot has been made up in regards to Lemmies uppercut, let me just make it clear, I can f**king guarantee that Tyson takes Lemmie best uppercut and keeps on going but Lemmie ain't taking Tyson best uppercut, not even once without going to sleep for the 50 count. Fact.
sauhund II is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2011, 03:43 PM   #506
Sangria
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Sauhund, you've made some good points. The best Lewis could do is make it a boring fight. Mike's work rate will allow him to win on points if Lennox decides to play it safe. There's no way Tyson is NOT going to touch his chin. SIZE IS NOT MATTER
Sangria is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #507
D.T
Contender
ESB Senior Member

lewis has as much of a chance as an ice cube does in a fire.
Tyson ko3
D.T is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2011, 05:51 PM   #508
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauhund II View Post
.LOL, love the Stewart begging and screaming "you got a dead man in here finish him off" and big bad Lemmie still did not pull the trigger against the shell of a shell Tyson impersonator in their actual fight................yeah, big bad Lemmie, he is about as hystericlly over rated and hyped up as the other big bad guy, Sonny "Two times quit" Liston.

BTW, a lot has been made up in regards to Lemmies uppercut, let me just make it clear, I can f**king guarantee that Tyson takes Lemmie best uppercut and keeps on going but Lemmie ain't taking Tyson best uppercut, not even once without going to sleep for the 50 count. Fact.

That's cause he almost broke his hand and was getting customized to the pain for a couple of rounds..why don't you actually learn something before spewing this crap.

If you're going to knock Lewis fine have at it, but use facts, not pure hatred when doing so.
Vanboxingfan is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2011, 12:05 AM   #509
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I take Lewis. Styles.

Size, jabs, and big punchers bothered Tyson. Lewis was all three, and on top of that, a master at the clinch. Tyson would, at times, get complacent and allow tie-ups, even in his prime.

Style match up favors Lewis, but itd be dangerous.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2011, 04:11 AM   #510
sauhund II
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanboxingfan View Post
That's cause he almost broke his hand and was getting customized to the pain for a couple of rounds..why don't you actually learn something before spewing this crap.

If you're going to knock Lewis fine have at it, but use facts, not pure hatred when doing so.
So let me get this straight......he did ALMOST brake his hand but in all actuallity he did not...lol....if those are your "facts" than I am sure you are a firm believer in the following Von Der Boxing Fan"facts" lol

He lost against McCracken because he took him lightly, had a poor trainer and could have continued was it not for the stupid referee....

He lost against Rahman because he was not focused, not used to the altitude and Filming took a lot out of him.....

Was fat, unmotivated and undertrained when he got a lucky break in the VK fight and after stalling the rematch rather retired instead of facing said foe again because "he had nothing to prove anymore"................

LOL, I love your "Facts"..............
sauhund II is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum