Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2008, 10:27 AM   #61
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 2,464
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pac vs Hatton: Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.4.P.G.O.A.T. View Post
I have a lot of respect for Ricky Hatton as a person and as a fighter - but I can't say I'm excited about a fight between him and Pacquiao. I don't see a DeLaHoya like beating taking place, but I see Manny turning Ricky's face into chop meat inside of eight rounds. Does anyone else see this fight as a borderline mismatch?
not at all because hatton will not stand in front of manny as a sitting target, and not getting his punches off as de la hoya did
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2008, 10:31 AM   #62
john b
EVERTON 0- OLdham 1
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oldham, England
Posts: 3,183
vCash: 871
Default Re: Pac vs Hatton: Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron u.k. View Post
not at all because hatton will not stand in front of manny as a sitting target, and not getting his punches off as de la hoya did
Thats true and at 140 hatton will bully people and will cut of the ring and yeah he may get hit but his punches will be more meaningful that oscars were against pac.
john b is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:13 PM   #63
HyperBone
Silverback Gorilla
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pinoyland
Posts: 3,579
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pac vs Hatton: Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janjalani View Post
Yes its a mismatch.... Before the bell will ring Chuck Norris will come inside making Packy and Fatton team up.

But still beaten by Chuck Norris strand of hair.
haha. you're being sarcastic now janjalani... it seems that pretentious posters like sweet pea sparked your fuse huh
HyperBone is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:59 AM   #64
ubahivn
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 23
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pac vs Hatton: Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Absolutely true....what do you think would have happened IF Pac had actually fought a live opponent at WW (Margo/Cotto) instead of a cherry picked, weight drained, past it legend....I think you know the answer to that
He would have had to do it for less money. A lot of people don't see it but I think Pac is doing his victory lap so to speak and taking the fights that will pay him. He may be young in age but he has been fighting probably for as long as he remembers and that does wear down the body and soul. So I think he is going into his retirement run and will fight the juiciest cherries (though no one was saying that it was a cherry fight before hand) just for the money. I cant really understand anyone blaming him for making money when he came from where he did to pull himself up and out of the pit of life that he was in. So I see him fighting Hatton, Floyd if he comes back, 1 - 3 more money fights then retiring with the 3rd Marquez fight because people will have let that stew and bubble and become juicy.
ubahivn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 08:19 AM   #65
boxbox
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,117
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pac vs Hatton: Question

Hatton is a very dangerous opponent especially in this division. PAC is once again in unfamiliar territory and will be at a disadvantage. The fight with DLH was made because of money, but at a very dangerous level since Pac was forced to skip a division to get there. Factors like speed and power were immediate concerns, since not everyone was convinced that Pac can carry the jump in weight.

This fight with Hatton is more realistic, imo. Pac will not go back to 135lbs and this division is the most reasonable one for him. Pac has improved his ring generalship and has practically mastered staying in the middle. Hatton will try to bully Pac against the ropes and will be successful from time to time. Pac will dictate the fight and try to box Hatton in majority of the rounds. Hatton will aim for the body to slow down the Pacman while taking some shots from Pac. Stamina will be the key, and both fighters will be horse tired in the end.
boxbox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 08:19 AM   #66
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YUL
Posts: 38,158
vCash: 5685
Default Re: Pac vs Hatton: Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.4.P.G.O.A.T. View Post
I have a lot of respect for Ricky Hatton as a person and as a fighter - but I can't say I'm excited about a fight between him and Pacquiao. I don't see a DeLaHoya like beating taking place, but I see Manny turning Ricky's face into chop meat inside of eight rounds. Does anyone else see this fight as a borderline mismatch?
Pac has never liked roughouse tactics. From Hussein to Agapito Sanchez. Even against Diaz, despite the fact that Pac trashed him, when they were in a clinch Diaz usually got the best of it and Pac looked annoyed.

Hatton can give Pacquiao alot of problems. He will also be by far the strongest opponent PAcquiao has ever faced.

Don't miss this fight. It's gonna be interesting to see how it goes. I wonder how Roach will train PAc to cope with Hatton's roughouse tactics.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:09 AM   #67
bill poster
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: East London
Posts: 1,897
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pac vs Hatton: Question

Now I'm leaning towards Pac---I don't see how Hatton can close Pac down- he is in and out until his opponent is weak, so Hattons rough house tactics will be less effective
bill poster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:22 AM   #68
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YUL
Posts: 38,158
vCash: 5685
Default Re: Pac vs Hatton: Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill poster View Post
Now I'm leaning towards Pac---I don't see how Hatton can close Pac down- he is in and out until his opponent is weak, so Hattons rough house tactics will be less effective
Pacquiao has not fought many opponents of Hatton's style.

Hatton closes that gap very fast and is strong like an ox at 140.

Pac's biggest advantage is Hatton's poor defence.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:27 AM   #69
bill poster
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: East London
Posts: 1,897
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pac vs Hatton: Question

Its going to be a great fight for sure. Both fighters will look pretty messed up afterwards
bill poster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:48 PM   #70
Morrissey
Underrated
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,166
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pac vs Hatton: Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.4.P.G.O.A.T. View Post
I have a lot of respect for Ricky Hatton as a person and as a fighter - but I can't say I'm excited about a fight between him and Pacquiao. I don't see a DeLaHoya like beating taking place, but I see Manny turning Ricky's face into chop meat inside of eight rounds. Does anyone else see this fight as a borderline mismatch?
This is completely underrating Hatton.

Two things to factor in which IMO favors Hatton.
  • Hatton is very solid and well-proven at 140 for years. Pac is not. In fact, he has not fought there before.
  • Hatton's chin, underrated strength, and relentless pressuring style will be in full effect against a fighter who has proven to be not comfortable in being bullied and fouled (and grabbed and hugged).
We can base Pac's last performance to think he would just mope the floor with Hatton, but this is not a good indicator, considering Hatton is clearly more active, sturdier and comfortable in his fighting weight compared to Dela Hoya. The only things we learned from that fight is Pac is still fast, packs, more or less, power on both of his hands, and has improved in his movement and defense, in a heavier weight.

Honestly, and I hope I am wrong, but I can see a remake of Margarito vs Cotto in this one. With Hatton doing what Margarito did to Cotto, and that is by aggressively going straight to Pac, taking and shrugging all the money punches of Pac, while systematically draining down Pac's stamina by going to the body (body shots plus grabbing most of the time)consistently. While Pac would be the better mover, I am sure Hatton's tactic will be to hound him and let him not box by grabbing and making it an in-close fight, with many inside shots both to the body and head.

I have seen Pac struggled against boxers who can take his punches and make him back up (see the 1st Morales fight), and I think, in this fight, Hatton can and will take Pac's best shots while giving him no room to operate in perimeter, and will break him down, slowly but surely, with body shots.

Hatton SD or late TKO.
Morrissey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:31 PM   #71
artofwar
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,207
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pac vs Hatton: Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron u.k. View Post
not at all because hatton will not stand in front of manny as a sitting target, and not getting his punches off as de la hoya did

but hatton doesn't move side to side that much either he will be in front of pac, and pac will beat him to the punch all the time
artofwar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:57 AM   #72
Silvermags
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,640
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pac vs Hatton: Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
This is completely underrating Hatton.


Two things to factor in which IMO favors Hatton.
  • Hatton is very solid and well-proven at 140 for years. Pac is not. In fact, he has not fought there before.
  • Hatton's chin, underrated strength, and relentless pressuring style will be in full effect against a fighter who has proven to be not comfortable in being bullied and fouled (and grabbed and hugged).
We can base Pac's last performance to think he would just mope the floor with Hatton, but this is not a good indicator, considering Hatton is clearly more active, sturdier and comfortable in his fighting weight compared to Dela Hoya. The only things we learned from that fight is Pac is still fast, packs, more or less, power on both of his hands, and has improved in his movement and defense, in a heavier weight.

Honestly, and I hope I am wrong, but I can see a remake of Margarito vs Cotto in this one. With Hatton doing what Margarito did to Cotto, and that is by aggressively going straight to Pac, taking and shrugging all the money punches of Pac, while systematically draining down Pac's stamina by going to the body (body shots plus grabbing most of the time)consistently. While Pac would be the better mover, I am sure Hatton's tactic will be to hound him and let him not box by grabbing and making it an in-close fight, with many inside shots both to the body and head.

I have seen Pac struggled against boxers who can take his punches and make him back up (see the 1st Morales fight), and I think, in this fight, Hatton can and will take Pac's best shots while giving him no room to operate in perimeter, and will break him down, slowly but surely, with body shots.

Hatton SD or late TKO.
I respect your view bro! No problem. My prediction is that PAC will be too fast for Hatton. He will look slow and will not hit PAC as much as he intends/wants.

PAC by UD or TKO. Same as what he did to ODLH.
Silvermags is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 01:10 AM   #73
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,630
vCash: 166
Default Re: Pac vs Hatton: Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermags View Post
I respect your view bro! No problem. My prediction is that PAC will be too fast for Hatton. He will look slow and will not hit PAC as much as he intends/wants.

PAC by UD or TKO. Same as what he did to ODLH.
You reckon he will dominate him that bad??

Im picking Pac but I dont think he does it as easily as his last 2 fights..though I certainly dont mind if he does.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 01:13 AM   #74
Nestea
Thirst Remover
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In a world of crisis, There is peace in Nestea
Posts: 3,671
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pac vs Hatton: Question

There is no easy fight, the only easy fight you can get is how you train hard and follow every game plan.
Nestea is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 01:47 AM   #75
Silvermags
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,640
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pac vs Hatton: Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
You reckon he will dominate him that bad??

Im picking Pac but I dont think he does it as easily as his last 2 fights..though I certainly dont mind if he does.

Not as much but bottom line my prediction is pac will win by UD or TKO!

cheers!
Silvermags is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013