Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 08-31-2010, 08:20 PM   #1
dpw417
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Matthew Hilton vs. Simon Brown

IBF Junior Middleweight title. 15 rounds.
dpw417 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matthew Hilton vs. Simon Brown

Brown, most likely. Late stoppage. If you could get Hilton past about the fifth round, his attack waned a bit and got more sporadic. He was there to be hit too, and Brown was a sharp, opportunistic puncher.

Brown is careful early and turns it on late, for a stoppage around the tenth round.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2010, 10:01 PM   #3
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Brown had the tools to win were we talking a prime version moving up to junior middle, but the past prime(and rather ordinary imo) version that actually fought there would have been eventually overwhelmed and beaten up by Hilton at his best.The one who for a very brief period was a good dangerous junior middle and a viscious body puncher.

I can't see Brown standing up the kind of savagery that was inflicted on the underrated crafty Drayton, and BRown was by this point very flat footed and hittable, with the lesser firepower of the two.Hilton was always limited and flawed, but for the brief time he was focused and in good shape, he would be good enough to grind out a win here i feel.
lora is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2010, 10:05 PM   #4
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lora View Post
Brown had the tools to win were we talking a prime version moving up to junior middle, but the past prime(and rather ordinary imo) version that actually fought there would have been eventually overwhelmed and beaten up by Hilton at his best.The one who for a very brief period was a good dangerous junior middle and a viscious body puncher.

I can't see Brown standing up the kind of savagery that was inflicted on the underrated crafty Drayton, and BRown was by this point very flat footed and hittable, with the lesser firepower of the two.Hilton was always limited and flawed, but for the brief time he was focused and in good shape, he would be good enough to grind out a win here i feel.
I'm thinking about the Brown that fought Norris. Either time really, essentially the same fighter, but facing a completely different fighter than he saw in Norris in the second fight. He's not gonna knock Hilton over like he did Norris, bu I think that version of Brown gets to the guy.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2013, 02:31 AM   #5
Xplosive
Champion
East Side Guru

Yeah, if we're talking about a prime Brown moving up to 147, then he wears Hilton down and stops him late. But Brown would have to survive getting off the deck early.
Xplosive is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum