Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-12-2007, 03:25 PM   #16
sonny73
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1166
Default Re: Yahoo! Sports Top Ten PFP LIst. Props for not including Hatton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
Tsyu was not rated between 1 and 3 after beating sharmba up. Tsyu was rated like that in his prime. He was like 7. lol and Castillo was rated p4p briefly after knocking out chico but fell from grace after the weight debacle and fell again after barely beating up a tune up that to me really won the fight before Hatton. Castillo has not been active..lol
WRONG!!!
The month Hatton fought Tszyu Hopkins was number one and Maywether and Tszyu were fighting over number 2 and 3 respectively.

As for Calzaghe not deserving number 3 because he has only beaten Lacy,who the hell has Mayweather beaten that is regarded as a better fighter than Lacy when he fought them?.lol.And don't say old man Hoya
sonny73 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2007, 03:26 PM   #17
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

You all forget Tszyu being voted comeback fighter of the year by The Ring?

You all forget the Mitchell bout which was aired on American cable giant, Showtime, making the end of year highlight reel on HBO. This is unprecedented, with head analyst on HBO, Larry Merchant justifying the decision due to its extraordinary nature.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 04:15 PM   #18
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by younghov2k4
Tszyu wasnt rated shit at that time. not like when he was in his prime.

beating up an old man in your back yard is nothing to be proud of homey.
That old man if not exactly prime was still a formidable opponent. He was expected to outclass Hatton.

As for the rest of the list, Calzaghe's a little high and Winky shouldn't be there at all. He's old and fat.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 04:16 PM   #19
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
Yes he was. Sharmba was considered the number 1 140 pounder and Tszyu sparked him. I'd say 90% of people had Tszyu between 1-3.

You don't lose your placement because of missing weight and not looking a million dollars. He was still a top P4P fighter.
You are a hatton lunatic. Tsyu was a top 10 p4p fighter at the time Winky, Bhop, **** even Floyd, Barrera, Morales, Corrales was probably up there. Shall I continue. And you do miss your placement being inactive and your most thrilling fight was against zab judah 3 years back. He was not top 3 p4p when the best boxer you beat over the past 3 years was Zab Judah.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 04:21 PM   #20
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny73
WRONG!!!
The month Hatton fought Tszyu Hopkins was number one and Maywether and Tszyu were fighting over number 2 and 3 respectively.

As for Calzaghe not deserving number 3 because he has only beaten Lacy,who the hell has Mayweather beaten that is regarded as a better fighter than Lacy when he fought them?.lol.And don't say old man Hoya
Delahoya/Judah for one are better quality fighters then ****ing Lacy and Manfredo...You are an idiot. Like I said Tszyu was not top 3 and him and floyd were never battling for 2 and 3 as Bhop lost his spot when he lost and Floyd beat Gatti. Comeback of the year against sharmba mitchell dont get you top 3 p4p. You guys are forgetting the whole pacman/morales/barrera trio and even tarver got up there after knocking out Roy. You guys seem to be dumb as bricks. TSYU BEAT JUDAH AND MITCHELL AS HIS BEST WINS. TWO WINS FLOYD GETS NO CREDIT FOR...lol SO GET A GRIP.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:23 PM   #21
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1368

Hatton definitely should be there and i dont even like hte guy...go figure

Last edited by Cormega; 04-29-2006 at 12:28 AM.
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 04:27 PM   #22
sandwichsurgeon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Delahoya/Judah for one are better quality fighters then ****ing Lacy and Manfredo...You are an idiot. Like I said Tszyu was not top 3 and him and floyd were never battling for 2 and 3 as Bhop lost his spot when he lost and Floyd beat Gatti. Comeback of the year against sharmba mitchell dont get you top 3 p4p. You guys are forgetting the whole pacman/morales/barrera trio and even tarver got up there after knocking out Roy. You guys seem to be dumb as bricks. TSYU BEAT JUDAH AND MITCHELL AS HIS BEST WINS. TWO WINS FLOYD GETS NO CREDIT FOR...lol SO GET A GRIP.
The Ring (generally regarded as the worlds top boxing magazine) had Tszyu at 2 or 3 when Hatton beat him but since you are the worlds foremost boxing journalist I am sure their petty opinions don't compare with your own.......
sandwichsurgeon is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 04:33 PM   #23
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
Because he beat them AFTER Tszyu dismantled them.
Tsyu dismantled judah, but judah went on to become champ just as tsyu did after getting dismantled by Vince Phillips. He was not top 3. Winky just came off of back to back wins against Mosley. Morales beat Pacman. Corrales came back and beat Castillo after beating Popo. Bhop was most def #1. Floyd was #2 easy. The 130 guys were the shit during this time b/c they had the best fighters fighting each other.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:35 PM   #24
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwichsurgeon
The Ring (generally regarded as the worlds top boxing magazine) had Tszyu at 2 or 3 when Hatton beat him but since you are the worlds foremost boxing journalist I am sure their petty opinions don't compare with your own.......
I guess you are the worlds historian so show me the article. 2 or 3. I say Floyd was two most definitely. Bhop was #1, Tsyu was coming of an injury and had no big wins against anybody of note since Zab 3 years prior. Mitchell was never acclaimed as a great 140 pd fighter but as a solid contender. That shit is UK folklore.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:36 PM   #25
sandwichsurgeon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Tsyu dismantled judah, but judah went on to become champ just as tsyu did after getting dismantled by Vince Phillips. He was not top 3. Winky just came off of back to back wins against Mosley. Morales beat Pacman. Corrales came back and beat Castillo after beating Popo. Bhop was most def #1. Floyd was #2 easy. The 130 guys were the shit during this time b/c they had the best fighters fighting each other.
Yes I am sure your boxing knowledge dwarfs that of The Ring, I bow to you omniscience oh great Toopretty the god of the fistic arts
Old 08-12-2007, 04:40 PM   #26
LeedsLad
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I guess you are the worlds historian so show me the article. 2 or 3. I say Floyd was two most definitely. Bhop was #1, Tsyu was coming of an injury and had no big wins against anybody of note since Zab 3 years prior. Mitchell was never acclaimed as a great 140 pd fighter but as a solid contender. That shit is UK folklore.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

There ya go mr. expert 3 months before Hatton put a beat down on Zoo. Whether you agree or not, you cant deny the fact that he was ranked there by the ring.
LeedsLad is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 04:43 PM   #27
sandwichsurgeon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Good enough for you or does the word of a mere boxing site not count in your godly opinion?
Old 08-12-2007, 04:44 PM   #28
sandwichsurgeon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Beat me 2 it Leedslad
Old 08-12-2007, 04:50 PM   #29
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

That is bullshit. You dont get # 3 on any list for beating zab in 2002 and then mitchell 3 years later. WOW, thats the ****ing dumbest obviously ridiculous inserts I have ever seen. Tsyu over winky, morales...barrera after hey actually fought one another. WOW. That shit is opinion, but hey you guys win that argument. Though it is bullshit.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:54 PM   #30
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

That shit is basically dumb, Pacman was higher then morales but Morales beat him the fight weeks later. Blatently dumb list especially with Tsyu over winky after winky beaten shane twice. ****ing cunts

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum