Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-13-2007, 03:26 AM   #31
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Yahoo! Sports Top Ten PFP LIst. Props for not including Hatton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
You are a hatton lunatic. Tsyu was a top 10 p4p fighter at the time Winky, Bhop, **** even Floyd, Barrera, Morales, Corrales was probably up there. Shall I continue. And you do miss your placement being inactive and your most thrilling fight was against zab judah 3 years back. He was not top 3 p4p when the best boxer you beat over the past 3 years was Zab Judah.
Despite partial ownage by two other posters you are being a revisionist.

Tszyu dominated the division. He reigned supreme, ate up all the belts, sparked everyone and then even when he got older, had injuries and came off a lay off he beat the number 1 man.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2007, 03:44 AM   #32
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
Delahoya/Judah for one are better quality fighters then ****ing Lacy and Manfredo...You are an idiot. Like I said Tszyu was not top 3 and him and floyd were never battling for 2 and 3 as Bhop lost his spot when he lost and Floyd beat Gatti. Comeback of the year against sharmba mitchell dont get you top 3 p4p. You guys are forgetting the whole pacman/morales/barrera trio and even tarver got up there after knocking out Roy. You guys seem to be dumb as bricks. TSYU BEAT JUDAH AND MITCHELL AS HIS BEST WINS. TWO WINS FLOYD GETS NO CREDIT FOR...lol SO GET A GRIP.
When Tszyu beat Mitchell, he was seen as one of the top 140ers. When Mayweather beat Mitchell, he had been KTFO by Tszyu and moved up to 147.

When Tszyu beat Judah, he was undefeated and a titleholder. When Floyd beat Judah, he was coming off a loss and had NOT looked consistently good.

It's not rocket science.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 06:38 AM   #33
Taffyy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Achillesthegreat....................You know what they are like on here...........If its not american it aint good enough............****ing herbets !!!!.........Im just wondering if Joe C will be considered "good enough" if he beats Kessler & then finishes over in the states by doing for Taylor, Hopkins or Wright....or even all 3....???............As for Hatton ... We all know he's up against it with Floyd but he has a chance & by God these ****ing Yanks will not here the end of it if he pulls it off.................!!!!!!!!!!
P.S......Too Pretty you really are an annoying ****er..........
Taffyy is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 08:08 AM   #34
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffyy
Achillesthegreat....................You know what they are like on here...........If its not american it aint good enough............****ing herbets !!!!.........Im just wondering if Joe C will be considered "good enough" if he beats Kessler & then finishes over in the states by doing for Taylor, Hopkins or Wright....or even all 3....???............As for Hatton ... We all know he's up against it with Floyd but he has a chance & by God these ****ing Yanks will not here the end of it if he pulls it off.................!!!!!!!!!!
P.S......Too Pretty you really are an annoying ****er..........
Revisionists are the WORST kind in this game and there are so many of them.

In 20 years they'll start saying Lacy was a novice rather than the second coming of Tyson who was favoured.

I accept guys in hindsight aren't always what they appear in foresight BUT a boxer still gets credit. Otherwise what ****nig credit does a great like Larry Holmes get? old Norton and overrated Cooney? No! That is not what happened. It was MAJOR step up in Norton and the most feared contender to his throne!

Hindsight changes things, sometimes for the worst, sometimes for the better i.e. Years later Roy Jones found out he beat a top 5 160 pounder!!!

On paper Hatton is an all time 140 pounder already but revisionists change this with the easiest trick in the book - hindsight. This allows them to totally write off accomplishments with shit like 'he was shot'!
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 10:13 AM   #35
retriever
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1500

hatton deserves the 10 spot
retriever is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 10:23 AM   #36
hopkinsfan07
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1305

Cotto should not be at 6 either
hopkinsfan07 is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 01:49 PM   #37
UndisputedUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by younghov2k4
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Yahoo sports gave out their pfp list in boxing and i would say that it is on point and i am especially glad to see that Hatton is NOT considered in the top ten.

10. Sugar Shane Mosley
9. Israel Vazquez
8. Winky Wright
7. Jermain Taylor
6. Miguel Cotto
5. Bernard Hopkins
4. Juan Manuel Marquez
3. Joe Calzaghe
2. Manny Pacquiao
1. Floyd Mayweather Jr.

one thing that i would say that may be off is Calzaghe's spot. only because he isnt as proven as much as some of the other fighters in my opinion. i would probably place him behind Hop and Marquez. nevertheless, it's a good list.
Cotto should not be P4P, Hatton should be instead of him.
Vacant WBO and WBA title fights don't make you pound for pound!
UndisputedUK is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 02:32 PM   #38
sst
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Hatton should be top ten. The guy deserves the cerdit for remaining undefeated and beating Tszyu. Where in the top ten I don't care but he shoud be there.
sst is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 03:37 PM   #39
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughweb
Tszyu was 'P4P #1' going into the Hatton fight. Not that it means anything
Zoo was #3 P4P, the link was already posted. Saying Castillo was top 10 is revisionist. It's not like this fight happened years ago and we can't remember. Castillo ceased being top 10 P4P long before the Hatton fight.

Hatton's probably around the back end of the top 10 for me, but other than beating Tszyu and Castillo, and winning close against a couple of ordinary contenders, he hasn't done a whole lot to impress in the past few years, which is why I can see leaving him out of the top 10. Chris John beat JMM and has been undefeated since then, but you don't see anyone clamoring for him to be top 10, so I'm not sure you can make the 'he's been undefeated since beating Zoo' argument....
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 03:53 PM   #40
sonny73
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1166

Castillo got dropped from the p4p 10 3 months before Hatton fought him,not that long .
sonny73 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum