Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Who are you rooting for?
Holyfield 66 57.89%
Ibragimov 39 34.21%
Don't care 9 7.89%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2007, 05:51 PM   #31
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 122,984
vCash: 35250
Default Re: Holyfield-Ibragimov: Who are you rooting for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens S
Are you denying, that Ibragimov has had Panama Lewis as his trainer? I don't care who he has now.

Jens
That's almost as irrational as a categorical hatred of southpaws.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2007, 05:53 PM   #32
Jens S
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingdom of Denmark
Posts: 171
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Holyfield-Ibragimov: Who are you rooting for?

Why? Panama Lewis is banned from boxing in the US for life. That is for a reason.

Jens
Jens S is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:54 PM   #33
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: I'm not your buddy, pal.
Posts: 6,581
vCash: 202
Default Re: Holyfield-Ibragimov: Who are you rooting for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt
Care to rationalize that?
I don't like southpaws. Dunno why really. Perhaps it's because I think they get away with being less skilled because of their awkwardness.
RDJ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:56 PM   #34
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,458
vCash: 553
Default Re: Holyfield-Ibragimov: Who are you rooting for?

Holyfield of course.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:57 PM   #35
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 122,984
vCash: 35250
Default Re: Holyfield-Ibragimov: Who are you rooting for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ
I don't like southpaws. Dunno why really. Perhaps it's because I think they get away with being less skilled because of their awkwardness.
You mean just at heavy?
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:18 PM   #36
Unchained
Train to win.
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 167
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Holyfield-Ibragimov: Who are you rooting for?

[quote=thecount89]It would be better for boxing if Holyfield won, but I'm afraid if he won, he could get seriously injured in the future by better boxers than Ibragimov. I believe he's just too old for it. But then again, that's what they said about Foreman. We'll just have to see.

quote]

Everything you say is true, but I can just not cheer against Holyfield. The guy is a childhood hero of mine, and probably the most hardest ass dude ever. Seriously this guy would'nt back down in the jungle from a lion
Unchained is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:37 PM   #37
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 887
Default Re: Holyfield-Ibragimov: Who are you rooting for?

Other than the curiosity factor to see if holyfield can win. This fight dose not realy excite me.
ripcity is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:38 PM   #38
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,449
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Holyfield-Ibragimov: Who are you rooting for?

Quote:
Why? Panama Lewis is banned from boxing in the US for life. That is for a reason.

Jens
And he's not his trainer anymore.

The thread has turned odd.

Quote:
I don't like southpaws. Dunno why really. Perhaps it's because I think they get away with being less skilled because of their awkwardness
Ha! They're also more open for the right hand. Southpaw ain't all roses.

Quote:
Everything you say is true, but I can just not cheer against Holyfield. The guy is a childhood hero of mine, and probably the most hardest ass dude ever. Seriously this guy would'nt back down in the jungle from a lion
Ozzie Smith is my favorite all-time ballplayer, but I sure as hell wouldn't want him lacing up the cleats in 2007.
emanuel_augustus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:47 PM   #39
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: I'm not your buddy, pal.
Posts: 6,581
vCash: 202
Default Re: Holyfield-Ibragimov: Who are you rooting for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt
You mean just at heavy?
No not just at heavy, although ofcourse the heavyweights are loaded with unskilled fatso's.
RDJ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:59 PM   #40
Jens S
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingdom of Denmark
Posts: 171
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Holyfield-Ibragimov: Who are you rooting for?

So what? He used Panama Lewis despite knowing who he is. That shows a moral that is so low, that I can't root for him. Now he is at a level, where US TV will notice him and then he dumps Lewis. It doesn't change his moral.

Jens
Jens S is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:02 PM   #41
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 4,063
vCash: 3450
Default Re: Holyfield-Ibragimov: Who are you rooting for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin
Ibragimov, a Holyfield win would just prove how pathetic the current crop of heavyweights are.
exactly, if he won that would be embarassing he was old yrs ago when he lost a bunch of fights in a row, now comes back at 44 and wins a title,.That would be awefull, he's had his glory and now it's time to ride off in the sunset......go Sultan!
AJAX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:03 PM   #42
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
Posts: 13,225
vCash: 2065
Default Re: Holyfield-Ibragimov: Who are you rooting for?

Im rooting for Holy . . . winning a title again at this point would be something for the books.

psychopath is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:57 PM   #43
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 18,222
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Holyfield-Ibragimov: Who are you rooting for?

Ibragimov.

People already call Holyfield a "4 time heavyweight champion", when the 4th title was a total paper one (at least Tyson in 1996 was much more highly thought of than Ruiz in 2000, despite neither being linear). I don't want to hear Holyfield being called a 5-time HW champ by beating Ibragimov for the WBO belt.

Last edited by cross_trainer; 04-30-2006 at 09:10 AM.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:05 PM   #44
lion
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 689
vCash: 75
Default Re: Holyfield-Ibragimov: Who are you rooting for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterion
Holyfield.

Beating Ibragimov will be a great accomplishment at his age. I like to watch greatness.
agree he's already great, but i wonder how much greater does he become after this possible win?
lion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:07 PM   #45
buddynabuick
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Detroit
Posts: 282
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Holyfield-Ibragimov: Who are you rooting for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
I have to say Holyfield.

I like sultan over anyone ............... except Holy. Go Evander!!!!
buddynabuick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013