Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-31-2008, 10:59 AM   #31
sitiyzal
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Scott Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
Its quite simple really, listen to the documentary properly.

The guy is no hardcore boxing fan like the types you will bump into here,(although there are very few clued up boxing fans left on brit ESB if you ask me, but thats for another post!)

I cringed listening to the narrator proclaim Harrison to be Scotlands finest, IMO he COULD have been the finest, he was one great win away from eclipsing Buchanan, Lynch & Watt. If Scotty had beaten JMM or Guzman(fights that fell through) then he would truly have been the man up here. He didnt though, end of story. So he doesnt deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Lynch, Buchanan or Watt in the cold light of day, & its all his own fault.

However, as usual the anti-scottish moron brigade are out in force as usual, trying to tell us all that Scotty was worse than Audley etc... Thats why I dont post much anymore. Cos it aint fun arguing with the moron brigade anymore, Im getting too old to waste my time with the influx of football fan style posters that seem to be taking over the place now.

& thats sad. Well for me anyway.
Yes, but the guy being a boxing noob is no excuse. It didn't exactly need much research. It's just the usual laziness.

....mentioning Harrison with Audrey is just silly. If Harrison returns he could surely still be a force at world level.
sitiyzal is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2008, 12:03 PM   #32
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

It all seemed to go wrong very suddenly for Scott. I was told by a close friend of the family before all this **** that he was a very quiet, level headed guy.... real shame.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2008, 12:05 PM   #33
johnp
Reject
ESB Full Member

Not excusing his behaviour but a lot of things happened to him all at the same time
johnp is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2008, 01:28 PM   #34
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

i heard ****** would take him back if he got a license which he might get if hes lucky

anyguy who puts mculloch in hospital is a beast not even Naz could do that. harrison is the best scottish fighter since watt
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2008, 03:19 PM   #35
bigG
Contender
ESB Senior Member

he was a monster at the weight...not particuallry skilled, nor possesing one punch dynamite, just a fantastic work ethic and the abiltiy to walk through walls whilst dishing out continuous heavy punishment.....a fit, focussed hurtful harrison would have been a handful for anyone..i wish him all the best and hope he recovers his health and hapiness more importantly than his boxing career...
bigG is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2009, 12:10 AM   #36
themacallan
Chin Chin
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas View Post
It all seemed to go wrong very suddenly for Scott. I was told by a close friend of the family before all this **** that he was a very quiet, level headed guy.... real shame.
i heard it was fairly common knowledge around his team he was going off the rails.
themacallan is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2009, 01:42 AM   #37
MTG
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by themacallan View Post
i heard it was fairly common knowledge around his team he was going off the rails.
it was common knowledge that he was going off the rails but the hangers on didnt do anything to help-they where happy to be around a world champ so they could feel big-a shame tho cos his father is a really nice guy who tried to help but i think it was just out of his hands.
MTG is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #38
BodyBlaster
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by girv View Post
Disagree that Harrison would beat Arthur, I think that Arthur would outpoint Harrison fairly easily.

I was at Harrisons last fight and that was over two years ago and in between times he's not always been in shape. I think it would be very hard for him to come back successfully.

His biggest battle will be to persuade the board to give him his ticket back.
Thats the thing, Harrison was on the slide for several fights, BEFORE he went totally off the rails.
Now, who knows what he got left, and at least Arthur lives clean.
In his heyday, he'd have battered Arthur, it was a regular occurence in sparring, in fact Peter Harrison stopped them sparring together, then Arthur left.
BodyBlaster is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #39
BodyBlaster
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitiyzal View Post
Yes, but the guy being a boxing noob is no excuse. It didn't exactly need much research. It's just the usual laziness.

....mentioning Harrison with Audrey is just silly. If Harrison returns he could surely still be a force at world level.

I think more likely, if he even gets his licence back, he will be a domestic/euro level fighter.
Both his lifestyle, and struggles with the weight have already taken there toll.
Some good fights out there though, Arthur, Gomez, Cook, Khan..........
BodyBlaster is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2009, 12:07 AM   #40
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitiyzal View Post
Damn sitter my good man, Scotty wont be back. Take it from me me. The quicker people get used to him being retired the better.
I know its a wonderful feeling to think of Harrison coming back all the stronger for his troubles, but hes too far gone, & the BBBC will never & I mean NEVER grant him his license back.

Its always nice to dream, but even I stopped dreaming of a Scotty comeback a loooong time ago. Everyone else should now do too.

Its only his haters who will continually make threads about him now, for reasons of their own. Thats the way it goes here there & everywhere else. Scotty seems to bring out the unbritishness in Brits, if you know what I mean

Last edited by Dunky McCafferty; 01-02-2009 at 12:23 AM.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2009, 01:28 AM   #41
crespo21
Contender
ESB Senior Member

the guy is a **** full stop. he could have been good if he wasnt sniffing coke getting ****ed hanging out with hookers and genneraly being a class a ****.
gets no sympathy from me.
i say **** off and go back to starting bar brawls.
he is pretty good at that.
crespo21 is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2009, 01:47 AM   #42
9Ball
Smeghead
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1041

Quote:
Originally Posted by crespo212ert@ho View Post
the guy is a **** full stop. he could have been good if he wasnt sniffing coke getting ****ed hanging out with hookers and genneraly being a class a ****.
gets no sympathy from me.
i say **** off and go back to starting bar brawls.
he is pretty good at that.
You are a prize ***** 'crespo'.
Your comments show you to be a non starter. Please go away.
9Ball is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2009, 06:56 AM   #43
crespo21
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Ball View Post
You are a prize ***** 'crespo'.
Your comments show you to be a non starter. Please go away.
im sorry did i say something that was not true????????
crespo21 is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2009, 06:57 AM   #44
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by finzwinz View Post
I'm sure that that BBC documentary about him stated that he was due to get out of jail today?

Hope he can sort his life out now, get his license back and get a few earners in. Gotta be thinking that Scott will be sitting 20 years from now reminicing of what could have been.

Best of British to you Scotty!
He messed up what could have been a career with some bg fights in America, Prime Harrison would have went to war with MAB, EM, PAC & INJIN CHI, JMM would have been all wrong for him though

Anyone know where i can get a copy of his fight with Wayne McCulloch, his best performance for me, his peak fight before the drink/drug problems took over, not that we knew at the time.
theboy_racer is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2009, 08:01 AM   #45
Raashid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Any thoughts on how he would have fared against a prime Naz? I remember ****** saying he think the two of them in their primes, Harrison wins.
Raashid is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum