Old 01-09-2009, 05:19 PM   #61
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Scott Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
i was scotts assistant trainer his full career,let me tell the people with very small minds,scott harrison is a magnificent fighter how anyone can say otherwise amazes me.even now if scott can make the weight he beat nicky cook.

billy its good to have you on board.maybe you could use medical training on some of the regulers here.Harrison would pummell cook.How is it going with guys in the gym?good to see the rickster back in the fold
alba is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2009, 05:21 PM   #62
9Ball
Smeghead
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1041

Quote:
i was scotts assistant trainer his full career,let me tell the people with very small minds,scott harrison is a magnificent fighter how anyone can say otherwise amazes me.even now if scott can make the weight he beat nicky cook.
Don't read too much into the many small minded people on here Billy. There are some who know the score its just hard to find them sometimes
9Ball is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2009, 05:24 PM   #63
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict

he is a good fighter,i don't rate cook that much,(although good enough to beat arthur,as we know)and harrison would have beat him,gotta admit,he was fookin good in the 2nd fight against medina that night.
but he did seem to be a very angry young man with a full bag of mcains on his shoulder.
widdy is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2009, 06:10 PM   #64
johnp
Reject
ESB Full Member

harrison would beat cook if they fought tomorrow!!!
johnp is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2009, 07:54 PM   #65
stevieb
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
Its quite simple really, listen to the documentary properly.

The guy is no hardcore boxing fan like the types you will bump into here,(although there are very few clued up boxing fans left on brit ESB if you ask me, but thats for another post!)

I cringed listening to the narrator proclaim Harrison to be Scotlands finest, IMO he COULD have been the finest, he was one great win away from eclipsing Buchanan, Lynch & Watt. If Scotty had beaten JMM or Guzman(fights that fell through) then he would truly have been the man up here. He didnt though, end of story. So he doesnt deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Lynch, Buchanan or Watt in the cold light of day, & its all his own fault.

However, as usual the anti-scottish moron brigade are out in force as usual, trying to tell us all that Scotty was worse than Audley etc... Thats why I dont post much anymore. Cos it aint fun arguing with the moron brigade anymore, Im getting too old to waste my time with the influx of football fan style posters that seem to be taking over the place now.

& thats sad. Well for me anyway.
dunky, whats with all this "anti-scottish moron brigade" pish?, is it really so hard to believe that some people dont rate harrison (or arthur)?, ive read a couple of your posts and i know sometimes the truth hurts mate! but you need to wake up and face the real world! i read your post about the arthur-cook fight, you cant honestly believe that it was an english conspiricy to give the fight to cook? do you know the rules of boxing?
please tell me if you are serious or not? you are either a wind up artist with too much time on your hands or a deluded moron!!!
anyway i hope scot sorts hiself out and gets his lisence back! but some people (including scot) need to lose the conspiricy theory!!

Last edited by stevieb; 01-09-2009 at 11:52 PM. Reason: missed a point
stevieb is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2009, 11:01 PM   #66
bigG
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
if you are still in touch with him, give him all the best from all the real boxing fans on here..i hope he sorts his life out and attains some sort of long term happiness, in, or out, of boxing..the guy was a monster at that weight and how some people can continually put his achievemnts / performances down is beyond me...
bigG is offline  Top
Old 01-10-2009, 12:50 AM   #67
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Harrison at his best would have annihilated Cook
theboy_racer is offline  Top
Old 01-10-2009, 05:43 AM   #68
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

reilly thanks very much mate,ricky is looking healthy and strong in the gym and he is so up for micheal gomez.
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 01-10-2009, 04:31 PM   #69
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

i really dont see were the argument is over scott and audley!scott achieved and audley never in the ring.apart from joe and ricky scott has been BRITAINS most sucsessful boxer in the last 10 years with the amount of defences he made.come on guys credit were credit is due
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 01-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #70
johnp
Reject
ESB Full Member

Quote:
i really dont see were the argument is over scott and audley!scott achieved and audley never in the ring.apart from joe and ricky scott has been BRITAINS most sucsessful boxer in the last 10 years with the amount of defences he made.come on guys credit were credit is due
thats GREAT to hear! good to kno he's no longer in glasgow, he had to get away from it!!
johnp is offline  Top
Old 01-10-2009, 05:10 PM   #71
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp View Post
thats GREAT to hear! good to kno he's no longer in glasgow, he had to get away from it!!

aye i read he was up north,he needs his liceance back to keep him motivted,and it aint going to happen unfortunatly
alba is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2009, 12:34 AM   #72
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieb View Post
dunky, whats with all this "anti-scottish moron brigade" pish?, is it really so hard to believe that some people dont rate harrison (or arthur)?, ive read a couple of your posts and i know sometimes the truth hurts mate! but you need to wake up and face the real world! i read your post about the arthur-cook fight, you cant honestly believe that it was an english conspiricy to give the fight to cook? do you know the rules of boxing?
please tell me if you are serious or not? you are either a wind up artist with too much time on your hands or a deluded moron!!!
anyway i hope scot sorts hiself out and gets his lisence back! but some people (including scot) need to lose the conspiricy theory!!
Whatever Jeff

Last edited by Dunky McCafferty; 01-11-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2009, 01:18 AM   #73
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
If it really is you Billy, then welcome to the forum

I think we will get on.

Just tell me one thing Billy, you arent jeff Thomas in disguise, are you? Sorry to ask, but I have to be sure.

Last edited by Dunky McCafferty; 01-11-2009 at 01:35 AM.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2009, 09:50 AM   #74
smjm1

Scott Harrison should be at least given one more chance hopefully he will get his license back and if he does something stupid again then there would be a case to completely ban him but at least give him another chance.
smjm1 is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #75
MIK1000
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Scott would've stopped Cook within 6 rounds. Say what you like about him but he was the most exciting fighter in Britain at the time, an absolute joy to watch every time out. I went to see him three times against Kebebe, Polo and Hussein and every time i loved it appart from maybe his 59 seconds stoppage of Kebebe. Hatton wasn't as exciting as Scott , neither was Joe at the time.
MIK1000 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum