Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-12-2007, 04:53 PM   #1
reyes32
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Mayweather said he would go toe to toe with DLH!

I had this conversation lately with a fight enthusiast and I had to remind him Mayweather said he would go toe to toe with DLH not only that I would hold him to that comment but it seems like nobody else does.
reyes32 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2007, 04:55 PM   #2
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1368
Default Re: Mayweather said he would go toe to toe with DLH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes32
I had this conversation lately with a fight enthusiast and I had to remind him Mayweather said he would go toe to toe with DLH not only that I would hold him to that comment but it seems like nobody else does.
he was just promoting....i think we all knew he wasnt going to do that....it would have been stupid.
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 04:58 PM   #3
reyes32
Journeyman

Yeah! it seems he wants us to believe he is truly the best ever and he wants to be accepted that way in the upper class of the boxing community then why say one thing and do another. He also said DLH would be his last fight after hurting his hand in the one prior to that.
reyes32 is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 04:59 PM   #4
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Fighters say they are going to knock guys out and they dont. Some say they are going to go "toe to toe" (in spots of course not the whole fight..lol) which mayweather did. Though the whole fight was not all exchanging. There were exchanges and more so in the later rounds. But if you dwell on that dumb shit then you are a ****ing floyd hating idiot. No way is he going to stand toe to toe with the bigger man weighing 10-15 pounds more then him. Then you are mentally handicapped and never watched boxing.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 05:00 PM   #5
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1368

Quote:
Yeah! it seems he wants us to believe he is truly the best ever and he wants to be accepted that way in the upper class of the boxing community then why say one thing and do another. He also said DLH would be his last fight after hurting his hand in the one prior to that.

would you have stood there and traded with the bigger man witht he bigger punch?
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 05:02 PM   #6
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Floyd didn't stand and trade all night but he was mixing it up with DLH and standing in there at times.
eze is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 05:07 PM   #7
Alo2006
R.I.P Sean Taylor
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
Fighters say they are going to knock guys out and they dont. Some say they are going to go "toe to toe" (in spots of course not the whole fight..lol) which mayweather did. Though the whole fight was not all exchanging. There were exchanges and more so in the later rounds. But if you dwell on that dumb shit then you are a ****ing floyd hating idiot. No way is he going to stand toe to toe with the bigger man weighing 10-15 pounds more then him. Then you are mentally handicapped and never watched boxing.
Well said
Alo2006 is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 05:11 PM   #8
platnumpapi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
now we know pbf aint gone go toe to toe.just like odh did not ko him.
platnumpapi is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 05:15 PM   #9
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

I mean.lol..thats like saying forget everything that you learned in the ring boxing and forget all of your speed advantages and go in there and rock em sock em with a guy that has A a good chin B a lethal punch and if you dont then you are not an ATG..lol WOW. I mean Sugar Ray went toe to toe with Duran and LOST. B/c that is not his fight, but when he boxed Duran. NO MAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2007, 06:57 PM   #10
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:

You got brutalized on this thread, I am sorry NO VASELINE
Old 08-12-2007, 07:02 PM   #11
maciek4
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Corey Spinks promises to go toe to toe and to knock everybody out who steps up before every fight.
maciek4 is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 07:44 PM   #12
jecxbox
St. Brett
ESB Addict

Floyd ran..but he ran 3x less than i thought he was going run. At times he was staying right there on the ropes for DLH to swing away...still didn't work for DLH..he got schooled. Floyd ran more vs Baldomir than he did vs DLH
jecxbox is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 07:49 PM   #13
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecxbox
Floyd ran..but he ran 3x less than i thought he was going run. At times he was staying right there on the ropes for DLH to swing away...still didn't work for DLH..he got schooled. Floyd ran more vs Baldomir than he did vs DLH
So if you take a step to the side or backwards in a 18ft ring then you are running. If that is running then all fights would be held in 6x6 cubes. You mexicans...and your Macho tough guy stuff. Boxing is boxing. The best heavyweight fighter used the entire ring in his prime and did not slow down until age caught up with him. Spinks runs. He literally circles you all night. Come on man.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:48 PM   #14
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evisceration

This thread starter is a ****in moronic 12 year old imbecile who knows nothing about boxing. Go back to watching WWE where they go "toe to toe" the full length of the "match" and even use really "manly" techniques such as chairs and bats.
****in retard, Mayweather went toe to toe with a murderous puncher and ATG who was much bigger than him and Mayweather was moving up in weight. He took his best punches and still easily UD'd his ass while many times going toe to toe. Watch the 12th round if you don't believe me but you probably can't because momma has already prepared the warm milk and is ready to tuck you in for beddy bies.
damn! sounds like he ****ed your sister.
Relentless is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum