Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 08-27-2007, 08:32 PM   #1
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Gone to November I'll be gone to November

As the song goes.

Of course, Im talking about Alex Arthur. Hes due to come back in November, & Im wondering whom you all think his next opponent will be. Of course Alex is the interim WBO superfeather champ & im wondering who his next opponent will be.

Now I have no inside info, & I can offer no cash prizes for who guesses Alex next opponent to be correctly. As I say, its no loaded question, cos I dont have a clue whats going to happen now that Guzman has decided hes not going to give up his belt, so I thought I would ask my ESB homies who they think Alex could or should fight next.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2007, 01:15 AM   #2
steelem
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Gone to November I'll be gone to November

???? dont rate arthur at all, he had his chance a couple of yrs ago & blew it ! couldnt care less who he fights!
steelem is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 07:56 AM   #3
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Gomez needs a comeback fight and then the rematch has to happen.

Then he can fight Guzman.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 09:14 AM   #4
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1117

Guzman is fighting Humberto Soto soon so Arthur presumely gets a defense in against anyone in the top 15 before taking on the winner(should they keep the belt and decide to face Arthur) .

However with this being the WBO and Frank ****** being involved a fighter doesn't have to be ranked by the WBO now or even win from now till when the fight is to get into their top 15 and fight Arthur .

The guys ranked highest in the WBO , Pacquiao , Barrera , Soto , Rocky Juarez all have fights so we have to presume it won't be too much of a name and a relatively easy first defence for Arthur .

#15 ranked Vicente Martin Rodriguez(just judging from his record) looks a nice safe first defence .

Then we have that great fight between Soto and Guzman and hopefully Soto wins that as I think him and Arthur would be a contender for fight of the year .

One things for sure , if Soto or Guzman decide to keep the title after their fight then Alex Arthur is going to be presented with a chance to join the big boys of the division .
BigEars is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum