Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2008, 10:16 PM   #46
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: mundines ko by ottke

Its 2009 and we're still talking about this KO

Sing with me boys "Tis the season to be jolly......"
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2008, 10:26 PM   #47
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: mundines ko by ottke

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
Its 2009 and we're still talking about this KO

Sing with me boys "Tis the season to be jolly......"
Tra la la lalala
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:59 PM   #48
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Have removed the 20a87 troll virus 'coz it sux cocks.
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 1000
Default Re: mundines ko by ottke

Was in Bali in '96.... pissing down with rain... a tremendous storm. Tried to run across a tiled floor (pretty pissed) to the bar, slipped.. hit the side of my head on the floor.. Out cold for 5 mins. My mates, staff.. all at the bar thought I was dead. Still have a lagre calcified lump above the left ear, next to temple.

I thought I got up immediately. From that experience, and seeeing the impact of the Ottke punch, I'd suggest Mundine was out of it.

His head turned from the impact of the punch, almost unnaturally. A second impact on the camvas would have increased the initial trauma. Nye Nye Mundine.

This isnt the 1940's... Mundine wouldnt take a dive, especially when the world title belt was nearly his.
flamengo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:12 AM   #49
HairyHighlander
BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ??
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bullet stylee since day UNO ! ! !
Posts: 4,171
vCash: 1000
Default Re: mundines ko by ottke

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamengo View Post
Was in Bali in '96.... pissing down with rain... a tremendous storm. Tried to run across a tiled floor (pretty pissed) to the bar, slipped.. hit the side of my head on the floor.. Out cold for 5 mins. My mates, staff.. all at the bar thought I was dead. Still have a lagre calcified lump above the left ear, next to temple.

I thought I got up immediately. From that experience, and seeeing the impact of the Ottke punch, I'd suggest Mundine was out of it.

His head turned from the impact of the punch, almost unnaturally. A second impact on the camvas would have increased the initial trauma. Nye Nye Mundine.

This isnt the 1940's... Mundine wouldnt take a dive, especially when the world title belt was nearly his.
True words, my "dive" was probably said more out of anger than truth. It was a good punch certainly. Just felt like he could of gotten up.
Do i really think he just stayed down and gave up? Nah,he did absolutely brilliant considering. Just a bit pissed with the ending.
HairyHighlander is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:21 AM   #50
colinthfc
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,228
vCash: 289
Default Re: mundines ko by ottke

Mundine is the biggest joke in world boxing. I can imagine telling his grand kids that he was WBA world champion, and hoping they do not ask what a Super Champion is.
colinthfc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:23 PM   #51
riggers
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,109
vCash: 1000
Default Re: mundines ko by ottke

A blow to any part of the head can if delivered wth enough force score a clean ko. The reason the chin is the target and produces more knock outs is quite simple. A ko occurs when the brain hits the inside of the skull. This happens because the skull moves first and stops first after a blow and the brain follows hitting the inside of the skull. Again this is why the head hitting the floor causes ko's ( even though its rarely the chin hitting the floor lol ) as the head stops immediately and the brain does not. Chin shots cause more KOs and the term glass jaw comes about because it amplifies the power, the jaw moves first, then when at maximum extension the head snaps round, lastly the brain is hit off the inside of the skull and begins to move. Then the head stops moving and the brain slams into the other side of the skull and hes out ! The head bouncing off the floor again could do this.
riggers is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:42 PM   #52
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,072
vCash: 75
Default Re: mundines ko by ottke

I dont care how or why it happened I just reckon it was piss funny after he said Ottke hits like a girl
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:46 PM   #53
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,981
vCash: 75
Default Re: mundines ko by ottke

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
I dont care how or why it happened I just reckon it was piss funny after he said Ottke hits like a girl

That was the money shot
the beaver is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:04 PM   #54
Anenigma
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 359
vCash: 1000
Default Re: mundines ko by ottke

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggers View Post
A blow to any part of the head can if delivered wth enough force score a clean ko. The reason the chin is the target and produces more knock outs is quite simple. A ko occurs when the brain hits the inside of the skull. This happens because the skull moves first and stops first after a blow and the brain follows hitting the inside of the skull. Again this is why the head hitting the floor causes ko's ( even though its rarely the chin hitting the floor lol ) as the head stops immediately and the brain does not. Chin shots cause more KOs and the term glass jaw comes about because it amplifies the power, the jaw moves first, then when at maximum extension the head snaps round, lastly the brain is hit off the inside of the skull and begins to move. Then the head stops moving and the brain slams into the other side of the skull and hes out ! The head bouncing off the floor again could do this.

Good post
Anenigma is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:58 AM   #55
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Have removed the 20a87 troll virus 'coz it sux cocks.
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 1000
Default Re: mundines ko by ottke

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggers View Post
A blow to any part of the head can if delivered wth enough force score a clean ko. The reason the chin is the target and produces more knock outs is quite simple. A ko occurs when the brain hits the inside of the skull. This happens because the skull moves first and stops first after a blow and the brain follows hitting the inside of the skull. Again this is why the head hitting the floor causes ko's ( even though its rarely the chin hitting the floor lol ) as the head stops immediately and the brain does not. Chin shots cause more KOs and the term glass jaw comes about because it amplifies the power, the jaw moves first, then when at maximum extension the head snaps round, lastly the brain is hit off the inside of the skull and begins to move. Then the head stops moving and the brain slams into the other side of the skull and hes out ! The head bouncing off the floor again could do this.

One import piece of logic you failed to mention regarding the jaw... The conection between the brain, and the jaw is a large nerve centre. Once this nerve centre is disturbed with a fair impact..... the lights go out. This is not neccessarily due to brain movement in the skull.
flamengo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:31 AM   #56
riggers
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,109
vCash: 1000
Default Re: mundines ko by ottke

Have you got any links to info on this nerve centre ?
riggers is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:37 AM   #57
riggers
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,109
vCash: 1000
Default Re: mundines ko by ottke

As far as i am aware the only nerves in the mandible control movement of the jaw. There is no nerve centre there at all, the bodies nerve centre runs through the spinal canal to the brain. But if you have links to something to the contrary i would be interested to read it.
riggers is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:14 PM   #58
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Have removed the 20a87 troll virus 'coz it sux cocks.
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 1000
Default Re: mundines ko by ottke

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggers View Post
As far as i am aware the only nerves in the mandible control movement of the jaw. There is no nerve centre there at all, the bodies nerve centre runs through the spinal canal to the brain. But if you have links to something to the contrary i would be interested to read it.
Riggers, just google 'TMJ temporomandibular Joint' or 'masseteric nerve'... there is a barrage of appropriate reading in referance to the disruptions caused by disturbance of either..

Ray Mitchell also quotes good detail in his book "fight for your life", covering all risks, deaths and injuries related to boxing. I recommend you look this one up also. Some fascinating stories. Cheers.
flamengo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:42 PM   #59
Pugsley
Fat Bastard
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 335
vCash: 1000
Default Re: mundines ko by ottke

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinthfc View Post
Mundine is the biggest joke in world boxing. I can imagine telling his grand kids that he was WBA world champion, and hoping they do not ask what a Super Champion is.
*cheers*
Pugsley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:50 PM   #60
Pugsley
Fat Bastard
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 335
vCash: 1000
Default Re: mundines ko by ottke

Cause infact it only takes a force of 5 pounds at a very specific angle to the jaw to knock someone cold. If you're dead accurate or simply lucky enough to land there, you dont need to hit hard at all.
Pugsley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013