Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-12-2007, 10:54 PM   #1
stillafan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Is boxing changing?? what happend to fights almost happening??new TREND!

im as excited as most of you guys that we are getting to see...Cotto/Zab....DLH/mayweather....Hopkins/Taylor...Hopkins/Tarver...
Hatton/Castillo.....Corrales/Castillo.....PAc/morales....PAc/barrera2...Margarito/williams

remember fights being killed at the negotiating table?? remeber so and so wanted to much money?? remember so and so could not agree on the split......boxing is coming back to life

What the hell happened to the old trend of calling people out and the fights never happening....im not complaining, but remember a while back when all sorts of potential matchups fell through....remember all us Frustrated boxing fans that were left debating over fights that "Almost happened".......all the good fights are taking place!!! thats Great for boxing, what factors do you guys think contributed to this?? does MMA influence have anything to do with it??? what sparked the change in trend??
stillafan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2007, 12:30 AM   #2
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
vCash: 2065
Default Re: Is boxing changing?? what happend to fights almost happening??new TREND!

I don't know as to what factors contributed to this . . . but I'm sure happy these big fights are happening.

psychopath is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 01:55 AM   #3
jecxbox
St. Brett
ESB Addict

Default Re: Is boxing changing?? what happend to fights almost happening??new TREND!

The answer to this is simple. Pressure from the UFC forced boxing to wake the **** up. I'd never in 1 million years like UFC anywhere NEAR as much as I love Boxing, But I'm glad that psychotic little sport is growing as fast as it is because a little competition never hurt anyone. Trust me all the "hype" about UFC "taking over" put pressure on boxing to cut the shit and start putting on some fights. Because last year all you read online was how the state of boxing was at an all time low. Well I'm glad everyone bought into that lie because here we go with 2007 one of the best years ever for boxing already and theres still more fights to come.
jecxbox is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 02:14 AM   #4
Sai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 110

Its a good time to be a boxing fan!
Sai is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 02:21 AM   #5
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecxbox
The answer to this is simple. Pressure from the UFC forced boxing to wake the **** up. I'd never in 1 million years like UFC anywhere NEAR as much as I love Boxing, But I'm glad that psychotic little sport is growing as fast as it is because a little competition never hurt anyone. Trust me all the "hype" about UFC "taking over" put pressure on boxing to cut the shit and start putting on some fights. Because last year all you read online was how the state of boxing was at an all time low. Well I'm glad everyone bought into that lie because here we go with 2007 one of the best years ever for boxing already and theres still more fights to come.
I always felt the UFCs rise would do Boxing wonders. Both are wonderful WONDERFUL sports that will complement each other. Neithers going anywhere BUT they will wanna outdo each other which is great for us cause that means we get the best fights period the UFC has been bringing in all the top Pride FC stars there trying to set up the Liddell-Silva dream fight this year,Franklin-Silva 2 is on tap,A good PPV coming up in 2 weeks etc they are continuing to do what they have been doing putting on the best possible fights. Boxing has felt the pressure and the hype and the attention the UFC has gotten and these promoters are giving us what we want and then some I mean im requesting off for weekends in September,October,November,December and possibly January for a Jones-Trinidad fight just for Boxing. Trust me im not resquesting off work to watch mismatches im watching dream fights
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 11:39 AM   #6
stillafan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

yeah it seems all the potential fights being talked about, are now being made....Mosley/Cotto is the next one im looking for...maybe MMA helped boxing out more than we originally imagined....
stillafan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum