Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 01-05-2009, 11:21 PM   #1
Porkchop

vCash: 1000
Default Golden gloves question...

how should i go about asking my kung fu teacher/boxing coach about the golden gloves (training me for it and coaching me in it)?? when she doesn't really coach for actual fights any more. how have you told your coaches that you were ready for big tournaments/fights?
Porkchop is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2009, 11:39 PM   #2
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict

Default Re: Golden gloves question...

Tell her you are interested in competing in amateur boxing and see what she says. Golden Gloves seems to be used in a generic sense, but it's a large advancing tournament. Depending on where you live there are plenty of boxing shows put on throughout the year that you would be able to get some experience.

Have you had any boxing training?
amy is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2009, 12:10 AM   #3
Kolya
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Oh God, not this again.
Kolya is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2009, 12:35 AM   #4
aj415
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
Oh God, not this again.

I recognize your name. Maybe you are considered A-List ESB celebrity/royalty/elite, but whatever the case this isn't the lounge. So instead of implying for noobs to **** off here, I invite you to be the one that ****'s off if thats the best you have to offer.

As to the Op's question.. theres no harm in asking, just be open with your trainer about your goals and how you feel.
aj415 is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2009, 12:43 AM   #5
Kolya
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj415 View Post
I recognize your name. Maybe you are considered A-List ESB celebrity/royalty/elite, but whatever the case this isn't the lounge. So instead of implying for noobs to **** off here, I invite you to be the one that ****'s off if thats the best you have to offer.

As to the Op's question.. theres no harm in asking, just be open with your trainer about your goals and how you feel.

How about this one, moron: I've explained on no less than 5 occasions, and in depth, about what the Golden Gloves are and how to enter them. Not only that, but this forum has a search function. So before asking a ridiculously common question; one might make use of the search to see if it's already been asked and not flood the forum with stupid shit, again.
Kolya is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2009, 01:03 AM   #6
aj415
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
How about this one, moron: I've explained on no less than 5 occasions, and in depth, about what the Golden Gloves are and how to enter them. Not only that, but this forum has a search function. So before asking a ridiculously common question; one might make use of the search to see if it's already been asked and not flood the forum with stupid shit, again.
Its great that you've made those contributions. Seriously. If your sick of noobs asking question over and over, maybe you can volunteer to help RDJ with his up and coming stickied FAQ thread, which hopefully the likes of this question will be included.

Now I'm going to tell you what you should already know: A lot of people into boxing visit these forums, and a lot of people looking to get started. This a place where they should be helped not told essentially to get lost.

It is nothing short of retarded and should be unnaccpetable when new people come to a boxing training forum with an interest, ask a question, and then so-called veterans respose permeates a negative attitude towards them. I'm not talking about just this one post you've made, I've seen it time and time again from a lot of the "experienced" posters.

This is boxing, not basketball or football. Part of the problem with why this sport has declined (in the US) is lack of accessibility for the every-day joe to boxing resources such as a gym. This forum can be a valuable influence and tool. So just stop and lose the attitude.
aj415 is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2009, 01:05 AM   #7
Kolya
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yes, it gets old answering the same question every other month. Not only that, but if one is boxing in any way, shape, or form; their coach should be able to tell them how to enter the GG. Mine did.
Kolya is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2009, 01:13 AM   #8
aj415
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yes, it gets old answering the same question every other month.

Ok, well I already suggested how you can do something about it rather then responding and complaining like a grouchy old man, because that gets old too.

Quote:
. Not only that, but if one is boxing in any way, shape, or form; their coach should be able to tell them how to enter the GG. Mine did.
Other peoples coach should do this or that? Because Koyla's coach did?
Koylas experiences in boxing should be considered the end all be all?

I would suggest sharing your experiences unconditionally, without a "this is the way it should be" mentality.

This kind of close-mindedness is just more of what is seriously unneeded in this forum.

Last edited by aj415; 01-06-2009 at 01:34 AM.
aj415 is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2009, 01:31 AM   #9
Porkchop

yes amy i have had boxing training.
thanks aj415 for sticking up for me but i think i can handle this fool on my own.
my question kolya isnt how to enter the tournament, its how do i go about asking my coach who hasn't been active lately in the boxing community to start back up for me with out sounding like a jackass
Porkchop is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2009, 01:40 AM   #10
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict

Just tell her you want to compete and ask what the best way to go about that is.
amy is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2009, 08:14 AM   #11
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

Quote:
Oh God, not this again.
C'mon Kolya, it was a legitimate question about actual boxing, not a video of some idiot beating up his little brother.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2009, 08:52 AM   #12
TheRock49
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
C'mon Kolya, it was a legitimate question about actual boxing, not a video of some idiot beating up his little brother.
Those are always good ones too.
TheRock49 is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2009, 09:32 AM   #13
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj415 View Post
Its great that you've made those contributions. Seriously. If your sick of noobs asking question over and over, maybe you can volunteer to help RDJ with his up and coming stickied FAQ thread, which hopefully the likes of this question will be included.

Now I'm going to tell you what you should already know: A lot of people into boxing visit these forums, and a lot of people looking to get started. This a place where they should be helped not told essentially to get lost.

It is nothing short of retarded and should be unnaccpetable when new people come to a boxing training forum with an interest, ask a question, and then so-called veterans respose permeates a negative attitude towards them. I'm not talking about just this one post you've made, I've seen it time and time again from a lot of the "experienced" posters.

This is boxing, not basketball or football. Part of the problem with why this sport has declined (in the US) is lack of accessibility for the every-day joe to boxing resources such as a gym. This forum can be a valuable influence and tool. So just stop and lose the attitude.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2009, 10:44 AM   #14
ralphc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
how should i go about asking my kung fu teacher/boxing coach about the golden gloves (training me for it and coaching me in it)?? when she doesn't really coach for actual fights any more. how have you told your coaches that you were ready for big tournaments/fights?

Hmmmmm.......you have a woman teaching you boxing and kung-fu. Now you need advice about how to tell her that you are ready for big tournaments?
ralphc is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2009, 11:08 AM   #15
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphc View Post
Hmmmmm.......you have a woman teaching you boxing and kung-fu. Now you need advice about how to tell her that you are ready for big tournaments?
What exactly is the point you are trying to make here?

I agree with the sentiment of a lot of your posts mate but you are a cynical prick at times.
RDJ is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing