Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2007, 11:08 PM   #16
ravtrav
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 707
vCash: 75
Default Re: Boxers you dislike because you hate their fans...

Pac By Ko
ravtrav is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2007, 11:10 PM   #17
Korn_06
ESB Slave
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 214
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boxers you dislike because you hate their fans...

Well I am a Kessler fan.

I really wish that Kessler will beat Calzaghe and I also think he can and will do it.

This statement is enough for some of Calzaghe´s fans to regard me as a total moron. In fact I have always respected Calzaghe and I have espiceally before 2002 seen him as one of the best boxers out there and I have liked his style. But since he has become more and more of a target for Kessler and before that Larsen. Slowly but surely my respect and my sympathy with him has dropped to a very low level. This is mainly because of some of his fans on this site. I try to like Calzaghe, but it seems where as before I could understand some of his statements, now it seems that I can find some negative angle to nomatter what he does.

I still like Calzaghe in fact but discussing here can sometimes blur my vision.

I have to say that there are also resonable fans among the Calzaghe clan, but the others really does not do well in order to create more Calzaghe fans.
Korn_06 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:26 PM   #18
cpnasty
Fight Fan 83
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,334
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boxers you dislike because you hate their fans...

dlh
cpnasty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:33 PM   #19
TheGreatest-915
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 85
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boxers you dislike because you hate their fans...

Mayweather
TheGreatest-915 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:43 PM   #20
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,429
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boxers you dislike because you hate their fans...

- Mayweather, Floyd, Jr. -- he stands alone

- All-time mention: Lennox Lewis. He should write a
book: How to Go from 'Good-sized Guy Who Came along at the Right Time' to Some People's '5 Greatest Heavyweights Ever' Lists Based on the Scrotal Embraces of an Island that Needed a Heavyweight Champion

- Cotto is starting to climb the list as well

- Absurd Klitschko fans, particularly of Wlad

- Audley "Fraudley" Harrison ... until he was left hooked STRAIGHT
TO HELL! BWAHAHAHAHA!!

- RJJ fans pre-Tarver
paulfv is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:58 PM   #21
Morrissey
Underrated
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,166
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boxers you dislike because you hate their fans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderdog
it's stupid to dislike a fighter because of his fans
spot-on.

I mean, if you claim to be a fan of boxing, and not of a boxer, why would you hate a boxer because of his fanatics?

Does not make sense to me, eh.
Morrissey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:23 AM   #22
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: england
Posts: 3,375
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boxers you dislike because you hate their fans...

that kessler lot are a nuisance.

there getting put in there place come november anyway.
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:12 AM   #23
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
Posts: 13,225
vCash: 2065
Default Re: Boxers you dislike because you hate their fans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantera
I didn't say I hated Tito. I said I ended up rooting for Hops because Tito's fans had been getting on my nerves.

What was the reason behind all this? Well, I thought Tito's fans had been disrespectful to the American flag during the Joppy fight. Not only were they disrespectful, but on most boxing boards not one of them ever acknowledged that they had been wrong about doing that. Or , at least, I didn't see any.

It pissed me off. Tito didn't have anything to do with that, and I never blamed him for it. But it was evident that if Trinidad lost, Tito's fans would be crying over spilled beer for a while. In my mind, it would serve them right.

As it happened, I got my wish.
Hey I'm not reffering to you when I said "Pantera" . . . there was a poster here with the same handle before and the guy does nothing but to insult other fighters to lift up Miranda. And guess what? He disappeared after Miranda got humilated by Pavlik . . . not unless you are the same guy.
psychopath is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:16 AM   #24
Thinman
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boxers you dislike because you hate their fans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba
Ill put it this way, I think Chavez is too strong for PAC even at 130...lets see PACs full body of work...he has a couple of years and this matchup can be revisited...Julio had problems with fast hands, not saying PAC was as fast as Meldrick but... I still want to be convinced of PACs power.

I'd make Arguello a favorite just because he took Pryors shots... As busy as PAC is..Pryor was busier...
See, this is the difference between you and Pacdbest, Domgo and other hard core Pac fans. You are actually acknoledging the fact that those boxers you mentioned were somehow better than Pac, meanwhile, Pacdbest stated (when I asked him what boxer/s could defeat Pac...past or present), that he only gave a chance to Duran and somebody else, and even at that point he said that was a 50/50 chance, so basically he would not favour any fighter in a dream match to defeat Pac.

Your position is different, you give a chance to Pac against some boxers, you are considering that Pac could beat them, but at the same time you admit that you would favour those boxers agains Pac, something that Pacdbest and Co. don't admit.
Thinman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:22 AM   #25
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,633
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boxers you dislike because you hate their fans...

Anyone who chooses which fighters they like and dislike based on their fans, isn't a real boxing fan to begin with. I couldn't care less how any fighter's fans act. I like fighters based on their personalities, talent, fighting styles, ect... In other words, their fans don't play a part.

Any fans can get annoying, but never as annoying as the haters. I can respect a fan, who simply sees his favorite fighter in a light that some other may not. Nothing wrong with believing in your fighter. However, haters are just pathetic to me. Sitting around all day just hating on fighters. Makes them look so depressed and worthless. As if they just hate fighters because others like them and they thrive off of failure.
WiDDoW_MaKeR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:43 AM   #26
johnco
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,299
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boxers you dislike because you hate their fans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
Your boy PacDBest said it, he said Whitaker and Floyd were the type of fighter capable of beating him, but that some quitter like Duran was not, and that he would pick Pac to beat Whitaker and Mayweather anyway. I swear to you he said it. Not sure about SRL though, though Johnco has probably said it.

Anyways, it's not just the fantasy matchups, it's the way you guys jump on everyone else who doesn't agree with you on Pac, it's the stupid ass countless number of emoticons you all use, it's how you make fun and talk shit about someone else if they say something negative about Pac.

Do you realize he's beaten two great fighters? That's it, one of which schooled him in his prime and Pac avenged the loss when he was slipping. But he did it twice by stoppage so I give him credit, but still, that's not the stuff of ATG's yet, and you guys are picking him not only over anyone under 135, but some of you it appears are picking him over everyone at 135 as well. Your boy Johnco was saying how Pac would easily rape Chavez, and you don't think you guys nuthug?


hello pea what a joy to see my name well weve been talking about 130 chavez and pac... no more than that so what did chavez proved at 130? did he beat a pound per pound numero dos at that weight? he fought bunch of cabby drivers for that matter and i reserve my judgement base on facts not lies
johnco is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:47 AM   #27
dragosuhail
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 634
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boxers you dislike because you hate their fans...

im the same as the others who dont hate fighters BECAUSE of their hardcore fans. it makes no sense to me whatsoever.

but to each his own.

there are plenty of times i roll my eyes at some lame ass comments from certain posters, professional haters, professional nut swingers, but that's the fans. the actual fighter i judge on their own merits.

there are two things i go on in making my mind up on whether i like a fighter or not. (and they dont have to be a really good fighter either. hell i like some tomato cans).

A. in the ring, they are not dirty. to a degree there'll always be some borderline actions even by the most clean fighters but im talking really dirty tactics. i hate that.

B. they dont get up to thug behaviour outside the ring. if bad news always seems to surround a certain fighter such as nightclub brawls, assault on women, bank robberies etc etc. then i barrack for the opponent.

so if people lable me a nuthugger because im a fan of the likes of wladimir, pacciquio, kostya, maskaev, bruno, frazier, mosley etc etc etc. then so be it.

and the reason why i dislike fighters like ali, tyson, judah, prince hamed, mayweather etc etc etc. is because of things they get up to either in the ring or out. NOT because they are not talented or ATG's and such.

i can seperate boxing talents and accomplishments from lack of personal character. something a LOT of people on esb seem unable to do.
dragosuhail is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:50 AM   #28
johnco
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,299
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boxers you dislike because you hate their fans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragosuhail
im the same as the others who dont hate fighters BECAUSE of their hardcore fans. it makes no sense to me whatsoever.

but to each his own.

there are plenty of times i roll my eyes at some lame ass comments from certain posters, professional haters, professional nut swingers, but that's the fans. the actual fighter i judge on their own merits.

there are two things i go on in making my mind up on whether i like a fighter or not. (and they dont have to be a really good fighter either. hell i like some tomato cans).

A. in the ring, they are not dirty. to a degree there'll always be some borderline actions even by the most clean fighters but im talking really dirty tactics. i hate that.

B. they dont get up to thug behaviour outside the ring. if bad news always seems to surround a certain fighter such as nightclub brawls, assault on women, bank robberies etc etc. then i barrack for the opponent.

so if people lable me a nuthugger because im a fan of the likes of wladimir, pacciquio, kostya, maskaev, bruno, frazier, mosley etc etc etc. then so be it.

and the reason why i dislike fighters like ali, tyson, judah, prince hamed, mayweather etc etc etc. is because of things they get up to either in the ring or out. NOT because they are not talented or ATG's and such.

i can seperate boxing talents and accomplishments from lack of personal character. something a LOT of people on esb seem unable to do.
: thumbsup

very well said
johnco is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:05 AM   #29
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 12,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boxers you dislike because you hate their fans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by domngo
back to your old avatar?
Finally
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:05 AM   #30
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,458
vCash: 553
Default Re: Boxers you dislike because you hate their fans...

I don't hate these two boxers nor their fans.. But I find Marciano and Vitali Klit to be two of the most overrated fighters to ever box.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013