Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2007, 10:36 PM   #1
magnum
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 197
vCash: 75
Default Evander Holyfield set to box WWE Superstar

He is filling in for an injured performer to fight Matt Hardy The fight will be taped tonight and will air on saturday night.

Sure didn't see this coming. I wonder if Vince will allow Evander to go all out like Butterbean was allowed to do in Brawl for All brutally knocking out his opponent in about 20 seconds? Or will Vince try and fool his fans making sure Evander doesn't put any real power on his punches?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Top right hand corner as of right now.
magnum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2007, 10:37 PM   #2
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,471
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Evander Holyfield set to box WWE Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum
He is filling in for an injured performer to fight Matt Hardy The fight will be taped tonight and will air on saturday night.

Sure didn't see this coming. I wonder if Vince will allow Evander to go all out like Butterbean was allowed to do in Brawl for All brutally knocking out his opponent in about 20 seconds? Or will Vince try and fool his fans making sure Evander doesn't put any real power on his punches?
Stop the childish joking. WWE guys cant fight let alone box
Toopretty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:38 PM   #3
a.arthur.h
Original Lightning
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Rick's Café
Posts: 0
vCash: 570
Default Re: Evander Holyfield set to box WWE Superstar

If this is true, watch him **** up his hand or something and lose his last shot at a HW title . This can't really be happening...
a.arthur.h is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:39 PM   #4
magnum
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 197
vCash: 75
Default Re: Evander Holyfield set to box WWE Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
Stop the childish joking. WWE guys cant fight let alone box
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Top right hand corner.
magnum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:40 PM   #5
cross_trainer
Bergeron Avatar Club
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,685
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Evander Holyfield set to box WWE Superstar











cross_trainer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:41 PM   #6
a.arthur.h
Original Lightning
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Rick's Café
Posts: 0
vCash: 570
Default Re: Evander Holyfield set to box WWE Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Top right hand corner.
Shiiit....some stupid thing will happen where he doesn't have to actually fight. This "MVP" person will run in and jump Hardy from behind or something.
a.arthur.h is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:42 PM   #7
magnum
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 197
vCash: 75
Default Re: Evander Holyfield set to box WWE Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.arthur.h
Shiiit....some stupid thing will happen where he doesn't have to actually fight. This "MVP" person will run in and jump Hardy from behind or something.
MVP's Doctor recently discovered that he has a possible career-ending heart condition.

It's scheduled for an event called Saturday Night's Main Event which was a signature show that they held a handful or so times per year. It's like a mini-PPV for free. This is the type of event where shock and awe type things always seem to take place.
magnum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:49 PM   #8
a.arthur.h
Original Lightning
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Rick's Café
Posts: 0
vCash: 570
Default Re: Evander Holyfield set to box WWE Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum
MVP's Doctor recently discovered that he has a possible career-ending heart condition.
And that isn't some sort of a storyline being made up by McMahon? I haven't watched wrestling since back when Austin was feuding with Hart. If it's not some sort of gimmick then what the hell is Holyfield thinking? If he gets an injury he is ****ed. He already fluked into a title shot, now this? Idiot .
a.arthur.h is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:52 PM   #9
Shev
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 254
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Evander Holyfield set to box WWE Superstar

I'll be watching, hoping something bad happens like Holyfield headbutts him or forgets to pull a punch.

Last edited by hoopsman; 05-02-2006 at 11:46 AM.
Shev is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:52 PM   #10
jackiebrown
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 249
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Evander Holyfield set to box WWE Superstar

i love how some of you are making like you have no idea about professional wrestling .. .

joe louis did it .. .refed it as well

as did chuck wepner...archie moore fought a wrestler in a boxing match.. ali fought the japaneese guy .. many boxers in there day wrestled
jackiebrown is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:54 PM   #11
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 12,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Evander Holyfield set to box WWE Superstar

Hope Holy doesn't get injured or something crazy like that
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:55 PM   #12
magnum
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 197
vCash: 75
Default Re: Evander Holyfield set to box WWE Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.arthur.h
And that isn't some sort of a storyline being made up by McMahon? I haven't watched wrestling since back when Austin was feuding with Hart. If it's not some sort of gimmick then what the hell is Holyfield thinking? If he gets an injury he is ****ed. He already fluked into a title shot, now this? Idiot .
I don't watch wrestling on any sort of regular basis either. I tape it for my grandpa who doesn't have cable and decided to look onto some wrestling sites to kill time until it goes off. What I do know is all posted above.

Last edited by kirk; 05-03-2006 at 09:13 AM.
magnum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:58 PM   #13
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,471
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Evander Holyfield set to box WWE Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiebrown
i love how some of you are making like you have no idea about professional wrestling .. .

joe louis did it .. .refed it as well

as did chuck wepner...archie moore fought a wrestler in a boxing match.. ali fought the japaneese guy .. many boxers in there day wrestled
Pro wrestling used to be a real sport. This is the ****ing WWE we are talking about. Are you 12 and under?
Toopretty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:00 PM   #14
Shev
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 254
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Evander Holyfield set to box WWE Superstar

Who wins a prime Holyfield or the Hulkster.
Shev is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:02 PM   #15
magnum
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 197
vCash: 75
Default Re: Evander Holyfield set to box WWE Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
Pro wrestling used to be a real sport. This is the ****ing WWE we are talking about. Are you 12 and under?
You've already made yourself look like a jackass once in this thread. Isn't that enough? Or do you consider jackasses to be pretty?
magnum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013