Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2007, 12:52 AM   #16
gregsid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 262
vCash: 1000
Default Re: New Power Workout

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBlow
Yo! what do you mean exactly

1. Does this routine create and produce power within you

2. Or is the title of the routine "Power workout"

if you answer yes to #1 can you explain with some detail?
No, I created this routine to create and produce power.
What I did when creating this workout (the non-boxing portion of it), was to combine heavy lifting exercises while still doing many cathistenic type exercises along with it. My reasoning behind it is that I feel if you do only or too much heavy lifting, will will only gain size and some physical strenght while sacrificing much of your speed and evasivness. I feel by combining the two of heavy lifting and calistenics, I can still build power while maintaining my speed. I used to doing only calistenics, combined with my boxing routine before this.
I've being keeping 100% to this new workout now for the past 3 weeks. And I've only gained a total of 2lbs muscle and I've gone down from 7% body fat to 6%, I was 149lbs when I changed up the workout.
And in the process I have noticed a significant increase in my punching power and I've lost no speed, if anything I've even increased in speed.
gregsid is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2007, 06:33 AM   #17
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 32,973
vCash: 1900
Default Re: New Power Workout

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsid
No, I created this routine to create and produce power.
What I did when creating this workout (the non-boxing portion of it), was to combine heavy lifting exercises while still doing many cathistenic type exercises along with it. My reasoning behind it is that I feel if you do only or too much heavy lifting, will will only gain size and some physical strenght while sacrificing much of your speed and evasivness. I feel by combining the two of heavy lifting and calistenics, I can still build power while maintaining my speed. I used to doing only calistenics, combined with my boxing routine before this.
I've being keeping 100% to this new workout now for the past 3 weeks. And I've only gained a total of 2lbs muscle and I've gone down from 7% body fat to 6%, I was 149lbs when I changed up the workout.
And in the process I have noticed a significant increase in my punching power and I've lost no speed, if anything I've even increased in speed.
it looks alot like crossfit,

you cant really be lifting heavy for that long so the weight must be pretty light,

if you want a real power workout mix up endurance with plyometrics

for example try this

100 rope turns
10 clap push ups
15 medicine ball slams
20 lateral jumps over the medicine ball

rest 30 seconds and repeat 8 times

a power workout should have a mix of explosive and endurance exercises.
Relentless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:42 AM   #18
Zhaakal
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 1285
Default Re: New Power Workout

Quote:
I heard Zelenoff does this workout without even breaking a sweat
And he does it twice a day.
Zhaakal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:09 AM   #19
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 32,973
vCash: 1900
Default Re: New Power Workout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doylexxx
Let me tell you this, you do not have 7% or 6% body fat, you have much more

A dehydrated bodybuilder will have more body fat than that, the tester you are using means somehting else
and plus you cant go from 7% to 6% that easy, you will have to take out everything you have, you also would've had to carbs away from your diet.
Relentless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:35 PM   #20
gregsid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 262
vCash: 1000
Default Re: New Power Workout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
and plus you cant go from 7% to 6% that easy, you will have to take out everything you have, you also would've had to carbs away from your diet.
Well I use the Calipers and thats the reading I get after all calculations, regarless I'm still constantly taking away and adding to the power portion of the workout, I orginially posted this not as a set workout but as something I could get feedback on and see what else I might want to add.

Secondly who is Zelenoff? lol
gregsid is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:40 PM   #21
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 32,973
vCash: 1900
Default Re: New Power Workout

your workout is ok but let me give you a few tips....

shorten them, a conditioning drill is supposed to be short and very intense,

dont do the same routine over and over again, your body will adapt and it will burn you out

if you want a conditioning drill for power, mix explosive plyometrics with endurance exercises
Relentless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:42 PM   #22
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 32,973
vCash: 1900
Default Re: New Power Workout

power and strength is better trained seperatley, you cannot build maximum power/strength while feeling fatigue.
Relentless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:39 PM   #23
steve_7987
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2
vCash: 1000
Default Re: New Power Workout

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsid
The "300" workout I came up with myself and yes you can use it.


I have done the workout out all the way through and I'm very anal about keeping good form. I feel if you don't do every exercise perfectly correct then you aren't getting everything out of all the hard work your putting in.


Survive isn't the word for finishing it lol, its more like just barley live.
I do the "300" workout in my basement, and I can just barley make it up the stairs to take a shower.
Dear King Leonidas

usually I just browse and don't post anything but i'll make my first post to point out that you shouldn't take credit for other peoples work.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
steve_7987 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:19 PM   #24
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 32,973
vCash: 1900
Default Re: New Power Workout

owned!
Relentless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:53 PM   #25
gregsid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 262
vCash: 1000
Default Re: New Power Workout

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_7987
Dear King Leonidas

usually I just browse and don't post anything but i'll make my first post to point out that you shouldn't take credit for other peoples work.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
I got the basis of my workout from that. My workout has those few exercises with an addition of my own exercises and mine is all done in completely different reps then the original "300".
Only thing I'm really taking credit for in that workout is the name of it.
So I'm not taking credit for anyones work, because it's my work.
gregsid is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:26 PM   #26
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,898
vCash: 1000
Default Re: New Power Workout

The 300 "workout" is only a test, it's not a routine to be done a few days a week.

I don't see how you expect this to increase your punching power?
viru§™ is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:30 PM   #27
gregsid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 262
vCash: 1000
Default Re: New Power Workout

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™
The 300 "workout" is only a test, it's not a routine to be done a few days a week.

I don't see how you expect this to increase your punching power?
I know that, that is why I change it and turned it into a workout rather than a "test". I added exercises to it and almost tripled the amount of reps you do in it.
gregsid is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:50 PM   #28
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Empire State
Posts: 2,691
vCash: 623
Default Re: New Power Workout

Gregsid wat is your profession?

Last edited by StWerburghs; 05-21-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Fab2333 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:34 PM   #29
steve_7987
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2
vCash: 1000
Default Re: New Power Workout

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsid
I got the basis of my workout from that. My workout has those few exercises with an addition of my own exercises and mine is all done in completely different reps then the original "300".
Only thing I'm really taking credit for in that workout is the name of it.
So I'm not taking credit for anyones work, because it's my work.
Ohhhhh I get it, silly me I'm sorry.

You must excuse me though, I'm going to go paint a mustache on the Mona Lisa and call it my own...
steve_7987 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:15 PM   #30
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Empire State
Posts: 2,691
vCash: 623
Default Re: New Power Workout

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_7987
Ohhhhh I get it, silly me I'm sorry.

You must excuse me though, I'm going to go paint a mustache on the Mona Lisa and call it my own...
lol good rebuttal lol
classic
Fab2333 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013