Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 08-13-2007, 11:41 PM   #1
Jazzo
Non-Facebook Fag
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default I presume most who box seriously will perform olympic lifts (which makes my Q easy)

Not to mention some of you will not fight in the unlimited weight division, so you will be on a weight loss course. Perhaps you have experimented with a ketosis phase?

If so, how does it this diet phase (ketosis) affect your explosive strength in the gym?

I would like something more specific than "badly".

Cheers.

Edit

Last edited by Jazzo; 08-14-2007 at 12:49 AM.
Jazzo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2007, 12:02 AM   #2
younghypnotiq
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: I presume most who box seriously will perform olympic lifts (which makes my Q easy)

hell yah.
younghypnotiq is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 12:22 AM   #3
Jazzo
Non-Facebook Fag
ESB Addict

Default Re: I presume most who box seriously will perform olympic lifts (which makes my Q eas

Quote:
Originally Posted by younghypnotiq
hell yah.
Can you eloborate on that?
Jazzo is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 12:42 AM   #4
younghypnotiq
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: I presume most who box seriously will perform olympic lifts (which makes my Q easy)

well alot of people are gonna kill me for this but i have a strong punch. but it tires out quickly. and i can say it is definelty strong from all the lfiting done in wrestling and football. whic is mostly oly lifts.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:47 AM   #5
Jazzo
Non-Facebook Fag
ESB Addict

Default Re: I presume most who box seriously will perform olympic lifts (which makes my Q eas

Quote:
Originally Posted by younghypnotiq
well alot of people are gonna kill me for this but i have a strong punch. but it tires out quickly. and i can say it is definelty strong from all the lfiting done in wrestling and football. whic is mostly oly lifts.
Young sir, this question is about how a diet that puts you into Ketosis affects the explosive type of strength (power).

Edit: My apologies - I forgot to ask my question. I see that now.
Jazzo is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 12:48 AM   #6
Marvelous Marcum
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzo
Not to mention some of you will not fight in the unlimited weight division, so you will be on a weight loss course. Perhaps you have experimented with a ketosis phase?

If so, how does it affect your explosive strength in the gym?

I would like something more specific than "badly".

Cheers.
At the beginning of the diet I felt like shit, but after a month or so into it I began to feel a lot better. I noticed in the gym I had about the same energy, but lacked any kind of real "pump." At first my numbers were a little down, but they went up pretty quickly after my body began to adjust.

I'm not sure which diet you're planning to use, or if you're going to use one, but I'd recommend the Anabolic Diet. They have one for powerlifters and one for bodybuilders.

Best of luck though.
Marvelous Marcum is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 12:59 AM   #7
Jazzo
Non-Facebook Fag
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelous Marcum
At the beginning of the diet I felt like shit, but after a month or so into it I began to feel a lot better. I noticed in the gym I had about the same energy, but lacked any kind of real "pump." At first my numbers were a little down, but they went up pretty quickly after my body began to adjust.

I'm not sure which diet you're planning to use, or if you're going to use one, but I'd recommend the Anabolic Diet. They have one for powerlifters and one for bodybuilders.

Best of luck though.
Thanks. I asked more out of interest than anything else.

Most people who stay on a ketogenic diet for a long time period get used to using fat for fuelling endurance training (after feeling drained at first) - this I knew.

So, I want to home in on strength - specifically explosive strength.
Jazzo is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 01:09 AM   #8
Marvelous Marcum
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Thanks. I asked more out of interest than anything else.

Most people who stay on a ketogenic diet for a long time period get used to using fat for fuelling endurance training (after feeling drained at first) - this I knew.

So, I want to home in on strength - specifically explosive strength.
I didn't notice any real advantage when on it as opposed to a med-high carb diet. At the time I was using the diet for a cutting phase so I wasn't making many strength gains. I plan to try a bulk with it in the near future though, so hopefully I can help you a little more then.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:29 AM   #9
younghypnotiq
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Young sir, this question is about how a diet that puts you into Ketosis affects the explosive type of strength (power).

mybad. sorry
Old 08-14-2007, 07:56 PM   #10
boxerpuncher069

Quote:

to answer your question in great detail, it is very difficult to MAINTAIN power through anyhting more than 2 rounds for me when i am headlong into ketosis and dieting for it purposefully ( whent from 298 lbs down to 215 lbs so i know full well about ketosis). But i do catch a second wind nowadays where I'm a bit weeker but the fatigue doesn't stop me anymore and i can keep going(for what seems like as long as i wish) on the bag. It sounds childish i gues but i really harness my inner rage and desire when i get extremely fatigued on the bag and am able to get some of the power back at times (liftin weights really taught me to dig in and get every ounce of strength out of my body whether it wants to give it or not)
boxerpuncher069 is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 11:04 PM   #11
Marvelous Marcum
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxerpuncher069
to answer your question in great detail, it is very difficult to MAINTAIN power through anyhting more than 2 rounds for me when i am headlong into ketosis and dieting for it purposefully ( whent from 298 lbs down to 215 lbs so i know full well about ketosis). But i do catch a second wind nowadays where I'm a bit weeker but the fatigue doesn't stop me anymore and i can keep going(for what seems like as long as i wish) on the bag. It sounds childish i gues but i really harness my inner rage and desire when i get extremely fatigued on the bag and am able to get some of the power back at times (liftin weights really taught me to dig in and get every ounce of strength out of my body whether it wants to give it or not)
Congrats on the weight loss. That's quite an accomplishment.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:13 PM   #12
BITCH ASS
"Too Fast"
ESB Addict

Jazzo, just eat man.

Eat lots of Pasta and vegetables and lean meat.

It's really not that difficult. Just make sure to excercise plenty.
BITCH ASS is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2007, 03:15 PM   #13
boxerpuncher069

Talking Re: I presume most who box seriously will perform olympic lifts (which makes my Q eas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelous Marcum
Congrats on the weight loss. That's quite an accomplishment.

thanks, it means alot to me
boxerpuncher069 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing