Boxing News 24 Forum
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-14-2007, 11:25 AM   #1
jlrivera81
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Angry On ESPN first take, boxing came up...

On 1st and 10, then spoke about Tito and Jones fighting. These sports people are so fu***** stupid, they make me sick. All they said was how boxing is in a terrible state right now and how sad it is to see fighters who use to be great fighting eachother. They mentioned how the russians are kicking are butts so easily, etc.... Then they went to say they are real fight fans, but boxing is doing so poorly and how MMA and UFC are so much better.

I ask this, if they are such big fight fans, why the hell do they not pay attention to the welterweight division. Better yet, where the hell have they been this entire year of boxing. Why are they not talking about Floyd vs Ricky or Cotto vs Shane or Taylor vs Pavlik, or Calzaghe.....
Damn, what has to happen in boxing for these so called sports analyst to give it some damn respect. Our welterweight division is as good as its been since the sugar ray leonard days. These sports are not true fight fans. They are people who probably grew up watching Tyson only without even knowing about the lower weight classes. Damn pricks, every one of them. I wont be happy till they mention Miguel Cotto.
jlrivera81 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2007, 11:34 AM   #2
Motor City Sam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: On ESPN first take, boxing came up...

Good point. Most of the mainsteam sports media is extremely lazy when it comes to boxing; too lazy to even pick up the latest copy of Ring and do a little research before going on the air. It's much easier to regurgitate that tired line of "boxing is dying" than to actually do your job and report a story properly.
Motor City Sam is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 11:34 AM   #3
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict

What is first take? The only ESPN reg that knows boxing is Brian Kenny. The rest of those hosts are teleprompter readers.
emanuel_augustus is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 11:36 AM   #4
jlrivera81
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I was cursing at my TV while they were talking. It's pathetic to hear them talk about boxing. Although Skip was funny! He called the DLH vs Floyd match a pillow fight. LMAO!!!
Old 08-14-2007, 11:37 AM   #5
jlrivera81
Contender
ESB Senior Member

First Take is the new name for the show "cold Pizza". Brian Kenny is the guys who does friday night fights right?
Old 08-14-2007, 11:37 AM   #6
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrivera81
On 1st and 10, then spoke about Tito and Jones fighting. These sports people are so fu***** stupid, they make me sick. All they said was how boxing is in a terrible state right now and how sad it is to see fighters who use to be great fighting eachother. They mentioned how the russians are kicking are butts so easily, etc.... Then they went to say they are real fight fans, but boxing is doing so poorly and how MMA and UFC are so much better.

I ask this, if they are such big fight fans, why the hell do they not pay attention to the welterweight division. Better yet, where the hell have they been this entire year of boxing. Why are they not talking about Floyd vs Ricky or Cotto vs Shane or Taylor vs Pavlik, or Calzaghe.....
Damn, what has to happen in boxing for these so called sports analyst to give it some damn respect. Our welterweight division is as good as its been since the sugar ray leonard days. These sports are not true fight fans. They are people who probably grew up watching Tyson only without even knowing about the lower weight classes. Damn pricks, every one of them. I wont be happy till they mention Miguel Cotto.
You can't take shows like this too seriously, i've seen their act before, they say dumb shit to try and get ratings. Anyone who follows boxing knows that 2007 has been one of the best years for boxing in atleast 10 years.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 11:38 AM   #7
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Was Skip Bayless one of the guys? Because he once said Jordan was greater than Ali as an athlete because Ali lost to Norton and Spinks in his prime. That guy has ZERO credibility in my mind....NONE!

These sports writers don't know shit about what is going on in boxing and are seemingly trained to say "Boxing is dead," regardless of all the HUGE upcoming fighters and the fact that 2007 has been and will be a GREAT year in boxing. They should not be allowed to talk about boxing on TV - they are no experts. Just dumb mother****ers.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 11:40 AM   #8
Kostya Zoo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
Was Skip Bayless one of the guys? Because he once said Jordan was greater than Ali as an athlete because Ali lost to Norton and Spinks in his prime. That guy has ZERO credibility in my mind....NONE!

These sports writers don't know shit about what is going on in boxing and are seemingly trained to say "Boxing is dead," regardless of all the HUGE upcoming fighters and the fact that 2007 has been and will be a GREAT year in boxing. They should not be allowed to talk about boxing on TV - they are no experts. Just dumb mother****ers.
right on
Kostya Zoo is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 11:41 AM   #9
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrivera81
I was cursing at my TV while they were talking. It's pathetic to hear them talk about boxing. Although Skip was funny! He called the DLH vs Floyd match a pillow fight. LMAO!!!
Skip Bayless is a hack. The guy is always saying stuff that makes no sense. He's just trying to make a name for himself so he can get off of shows like the one he's currently on and move up to Sports Center.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 11:44 AM   #10
jlrivera81
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Skip Brainless is a freaking prick. He loves to say crazy stuff. I know I shouldnt take thsee shows seriously. I just hate the fact that these guys are suppose to be professionals. I believe that the reason boxing is dying to the larger public is b/c these so called professionals dont do their research and get the word on the great fighters of today. If they were to watch HBO or Showtime on a saturday night, they would see that boxing is very much alive. Shit, even the worse fights are more entertaining than 90% of baseball games.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:41 PM   #11
jopez707
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 497

I actually watch this show reguarly, they were talking about the Mayweather-DlH a lot before it happened and a little after it happened, it's nice just to have boxing in the mainstream ( a little more) these days.
jopez707 is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 12:47 PM   #12
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopez707
I actually watch this show reguarly, they were talking about the Mayweather-DlH a lot before it happened and a little after it happened, it's nice just to have boxing in the mainstream ( a little more) these days.
Most of those bastards never make it to the peanut inside the chocolate coating of boxing. Its a sad state of affairs when you allow sports casters who have no true passion for a particular sport to comment and write segments.
Caper is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 12:58 PM   #13
Irish Steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodismyPuta
And probably the only reason they even mentioned BOXING on ESPN was because RJJ. They suck BIG time when it comes to Boxing. Espn created the RJJ myth anyways......
WHats the myth?
Irish Steel is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 01:11 PM   #14
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

I dont see whats so sad about Trinidad and Jones fighting each other it would be alot worse if there aging legends where taking of Chad Dawson or Kelly Pavlik and getting handed bad losses. Let them fight each other if they want it was supposed to happen 5-6 years ago better late then never.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 01:24 PM   #15
jlrivera81
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I feel you Jimmie. I dont mind them fighting at all. My problem is that these so called experts keep saying boxing is dead in america when 2007 has been the best year for boxing in probably the last 10 years or so, but these assholes dont see that. If they were to really pay attention, they would easily see this fact. Perhaps, they could then get the average sports fan to tune in.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum