boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-15-2009, 11:53 AM   #1
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Why I hate Khan-Barrera. Chirst, it better not say "Khan Barrera" on the posters.

First up, Khan is a puncher and Barrera is old. I don't like seeing a fighter who is past it step in with a puncher, regardless of the economics.

More than that, what the **** has Khan done to deserve to spend an evening in Barrera's company watching his old fight videos and learning a thing or two? **** all, it would seem. Let Prescott learn from him instead. But economics being what they are, Khan is allowed to step in with a genuine all time great fighter, one of the true legends, on home soil. That's a joke and beyond a joke.

If Khan wins, he's wondering about with a genuine ATG scalp dangling from his belt. 1-1 at a pitiful level (relative to Barrera's achievments) and in he climbs with the master.

I hope Barrera splits Khan's head into two even peices with a right down the pipe. Horrible fight.
McGrain is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2009, 11:58 AM   #2
El Cepillo
Baddest Man on the Planet
East Side Guru

vCash: 1075
Default Re: Why I hate Khan-Barrera. Chirst, it better not say "Khan Barrera" on the posters

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
First up, Khan is a puncher and Barrera is old. I don't like seeing a fighter who is past it step in with a puncher, regardless of the economics.

More than that, what the **** has Khan done to deserve to spend an evening in Barrera's company watching his old fight videos and learning a thing or two? **** all, it would seem. Let Prescott learn from him instead. But economics being what they are, Khan is allowed to step in with a genuine all time great fighter, one of the true legends, on home soil. That's a joke and beyond a joke.

If Khan wins, he's wondering about with a genuine ATG scalp dangling from his belt. 1-1 at a pitiful level (relative to Barrera's achievments) and in he climbs with the master.

I hope Barrera splits Khan's head into two even peices with a right down the pipe. Horrible fight.
I think it is a interesting fight. I don't see the logic in calling it horrible. Its better than Khan vs. another domestic nobody.
El Cepillo is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
Pug1list
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100
Default Re: Why I hate Khan-Barrera. Chirst, it better not say "Khan Barrera" on the posters

MAB wants the fight i guess, not forced into it.
Pug1list is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2009, 12:02 PM   #4
faisal
Hoolios daddy
ESB Addict

vCash: 1167

khan isnt a big puncher as his record indicates, i doubt he's gonna hurt MAB
faisal is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2009, 12:07 PM   #5
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug1list View Post
MAB wants the fight i guess, not forced into it.

And to be fair, that is the bottom line. He must be on some excellent money.

But I don't think that loss to good fighter, win over nobody is a path that should lead you to Barrera's door.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2009, 12:08 PM   #6
izmat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

MAB wants a tune up before taking on Nate Campbell
izmat is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2009, 12:08 PM   #7
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by faisal View Post
khan isnt a big puncher as his record indicates, i doubt he's gonna hurt MAB

He's ko'd 3/4 of his opponents. He can certainly hit.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #8
stonerose

vCash:

Is Khan really that much of a puncher ? He has pretty good power not immense i'd say .
Old 01-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #9
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP

make your headline for the fight..

Chilli Con Kharne
JIM KELLY is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #10
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

It seems money talks.

Ultimately it could prove far more useful than fighting a slight step up from Oisin ***an. But that really depends on the condition of Barrera.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2009, 12:13 PM   #11
faisal
Hoolios daddy
ESB Addict

vCash: 1167

this is gonna be a bloody crucifiction, it shouldnt even be sanctioned

Quote:
He's ko'd 3/4 of his opponents. He can certainly hit.
He hasnt KO'D any one clean allot of those stoppages were dodgey as well,
faisal is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2009, 12:13 PM   #12
mountaintrekk

I think Khan will get thoroughly beaten and the Khan myth will end. Roach will tell him to pack his bags and Khan will have no heart to continue boxing.

This is what happens when you rush a young prospect. Frank ****** is a selfish b*****d.

But the Khan hype and hatred in the boxing world will be missed for sometime. I just hope Khan trains very hard for this and fights a calm, tactical fight as planned by Roach.
mountaintrekk is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2009, 12:17 PM   #13
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM KELLY View Post
make your headline for the fight..

Chilli Con Kharne

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
It seems money talks.
Bottom line. Some fighters get all the breaks with all the backing. I'm not saying a loss is the end of the line for Khan, **** that. But he should have to work his way back from it, not match Oisin "Who?" ***an and then hop straight into bed with Barrera.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2009, 12:22 PM   #14
Govanmauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Im with you on this , I hate the thought of Khan getting to say he beat an All time legnd when the guy is 5 years short of forty, (at HW that would be old at LW its beyond pensioner) and much smaller.
Govanmauler is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #15
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

McGrain, how would you rate Barrera's chances regardless of the moralities of this fight?
TFFP is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum