Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-15-2009, 11:29 AM   #16
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why I hate Khan-Barrera. Chirst, it better not say "Khan Barrera" on the posters

man i see khan whipping his tail. The speed, movement and power will break the faded hall of famer!!!

It will be a shame.
JIM KELLY is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2009, 11:29 AM   #17
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Default Re: Why I hate Khan-Barrera. Chirst, it better not say "Khan Barrera" on the posters

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
McGrain, how would you rate Barrera's chances regardless of the moralities of this fight?

Not thought about it yet. I would pick the Barrera who lost to Marquez to beat him, but he looked like he'd slipped a good deal again versus Pacman. But that one had a feel of a glorified sparring session, so who knows? It's just so hard to tell with these type of fights.

For Barrera to come to the Uk seems odd. Is he desperate for money? Is he on tour wrapping up his career whilst making as much cash as possible? If he loses, is he absolutely done or an he still tour Mexico and make the cash?

I'll have a think but I bet I end up picking Barrera. Picking Khan will stick in my craw.
McGrain is online now  Top
Old 01-15-2009, 11:29 AM   #18
jc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 419

Id hate to see Barrera lose to Amir Khan...
jc is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2009, 11:29 AM   #19
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Totally agree with you here McGrain. What has Khan done to earn a shot at Barrera. I'd ****ing hate it if Khan won as ****** and Khan would make us believe Barrera was still in his prime and whatnot.

Hopefully MAB has not taken this fight just for the money but genuinely believes he has a chance as no doubt ****** will be paying him a hefty purse.
ishy is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2009, 11:30 AM   #20
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaintrekk View Post
I think Khan will get thoroughly beaten and the Khan myth will end. Roach will tell him to pack his bags and Khan will have no heart to continue boxing.

This is what happens when you rush a young prospect. Frank ****** is a selfish b*****d.

But the Khan hype and hatred in the boxing world will be missed for sometime. I just hope Khan trains very hard for this and fights a calm, tactical fight as planned by Roach.
I wouldn't have said Khan was rushed that badly.

Surely some of it must have been his decision as well, together with the amount of managers he seems to have.

They have cut corners, but it was the only way to make the money that they have to date.

Had he gone the proper way i.e. British title - Thaxton would have splattered him as well.

The guy is chinny, end of story.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2009, 11:36 AM   #21
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

I must say I don't have a huge problem with it. Money gets you most things in this world. We have to face the reality of that situation in boxing. Khan can fight almost whoever he wants even though he's completely undeserving on boxing status alone.

Barrera's actual form is not one of a corpse. He lost to Pacquiao in a low intensity fight where he seemed to accept his fate and fight for a points loss. No disgrace there. Then he fought a bum and scored an expected KO. Whilst he has clearly been faded, and logic suggests 35 yr old little men are well past peak, he does not seem to have slipped to the level which would suggest he's completely shot and worthless. And ultimately, he's still Barrera, he could still do something special.

As long as the promotion is respectful to Barrera and accepting of his faded yet competent status, I'm fairly happy with the situation. Barrera will be getting paid well, whatever happens.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2009, 11:36 AM   #22
Carlos Primera
Martinez is a badman
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

i think barrera still has enough in him to dust khan off. his skills and experience would more than neutralize khans speed advantage. his skill at fighting in close quarters is supreme compared to khans. not to mention a gust of wind is enough to make amir's knees buckle, and barrera can still punch a lick.
Carlos Primera is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2009, 11:37 AM   #23
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
I must say I don't have a huge problem with it. Money gets you most things in this world. We have to face the reality of that situation in boxing. Khan can fight almost whoever he wants even though he's completely undeserving on boxing status alone.
All true my friend, but nothing you've said here is a reason not to hate the fight.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:44 AM   #24
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
All true my friend, but nothing you've said here is a reason not to hate the fight.
Indeed. I guess its a case of being desensitized to these things.

Also, the variables in this fight make it unpredictable and kinda exciting. Softens the blow of how sickening it actually is Khan has got this one fight after being KO'd by a nobody.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2009, 11:48 AM   #25
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

You're right about that, I was all indignant and telling people I wasn't going to watch it when I heard, now i'm getting ready to root for Barrera
Old 01-15-2009, 11:52 AM   #26
mountaintrekk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
I wouldn't have said Khan was rushed that badly.

Surely some of it must have been his decision as well, together with the amount of managers he seems to have.

They have cut corners, but it was the only way to make the money that they have to date.

Had he gone the proper way i.e. British title - Thaxton would have splattered him as well.

The guy is chinny, end of story.
Picking Barrera one fight after a severe knockout is rushing. I would rather have him fight Thaxton because Barrera comes from a different planet altogether.

The guy's chin is horrible, I know. Thats why he better honed his defences for a good couple of years.

In boxing, one should learn to buy time to reach to the top. Save yourself until you are ready or else you will get ****ed up. Calzaghe and Hatton are where they are because they avoided the big guys when they kney they had no chance of beating them. Bad beating by Roy Jones early in his career would have had destroyed Calzaghe. At least, he wouldn't have been in a postion to claim himself a HOFer status.
mountaintrekk is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2009, 01:26 PM   #27
Thomasl19
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

i think it is a good fight.
Thomasl19 is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #28
rockandrollstar
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1940

I have to say Im looking forward to this one!
rockandrollstar is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2009, 01:44 PM   #29
DarkDestroyer83
Lunatic biker
ESB Jr Member

Khan got hurt and dropped by Limond and Gomez neither of whom are anywhere near the level of this faded version of Barrera and it's not as if he's a shot fighter, he's just past it.

Barrera has an abundance of experience against top class opposition and only the best have ever beaten him, sure Khan is bigger and younger but how's he going to react when MAB is pounding away at his ribcage.
DarkDestroyer83 is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2009, 01:56 PM   #30
c woodhouse
Contender
ESB Senior Member

this type of fight has been going on in boxing since the sport started faded legend going up against the next big thing this one reminds me of when de la hoya fought chavez i think it will go the same way 2 dont think im comparing khan to de la hoya but i hope u get what i mean i wont enjoy watching it if it goes the way i think it will how can you watch a prime barrera and not want to be a boxer true legend of my generation ill be rooting for him and i do like khan root for him all the time not in this 1 though
c woodhouse is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum