Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-16-2009, 06:11 AM   #46
NJ1979
Likes monkeys

vCash: 100
Default Re: Why I hate Khan-Barrera. Chirst, it better not say "Khan Barrera" on the posters

I'm quite intrigued by this one - should be a very interesting fight. Everyone gave Khan shit for fighting a nobody in Fagan, so I don't see why he should be criticised for taking on a somebody in Barrera, although I do concede that the potential crassness that'd surround a Khan victory could well be ****ing horrible.
NJ1979 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2009, 07:24 AM   #47
riggers
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why I hate Khan-Barrera. Chirst, it better not say "Khan Barrera" on the posters

NJ1979 i think you summed it up for me there. I just hope the victory is missing because marco deserves better
riggers is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2009, 07:51 AM   #48
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc View Post
Id hate to see Barrera lose to Amir Khan...
Ditto.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2009, 08:13 AM   #49
Benjiabc
The Nottingham Hitman
ESB Addict

dam it this fight brings excitement, MAB obviously chose to participate in the fight, so why moan!
Benjiabc is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2009, 08:20 AM   #50
ShadowWorks
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

If you were in Amirs his corner who would you make him fight to prove himself?
ShadowWorks is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2009, 08:52 AM   #51
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Barrera is only the latest in a long line of legends who have gone down this route and who will eventually lose to someone who wouldn't have lived with them in their absolute prime, it is the nature of boxing. A lad that I know from the village I'm from got a call one day when he was decorating his old mans front room telling him to jump on a plane because he was going to fight Roberto Duran. Amir Khan is a much more legitimate opponent for Barrera than David Radford was for Duran.

This forum is chock full of people who really know what they are talking about but occasionally some of you really get on my tits. Khan was ragged mercilessly for only taking on cans despite the fact that he was actually facing the level of opposition that you would expect a man at that stage of his career to be facing. Now he is going to step into the ring against a man who will be odds on to win, (MAB is not shot and only 12 months on from a decent performance against the p4p kingpin) and some of you are still ****ing bitching. I think that this is a brave move by Khan and Roach and should be respected as such...there are just too many people on here who would hate regardless of what Khan does or does not do and then try to wrap that hate up into a rational argument.
icemax is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2009, 10:00 AM   #52
bigG
Contender
ESB Senior Member

kahn gets my respect for this...he obviously has immense self belief , eve nafter hs rude awakening...or he is deluded haha..but i doubt it......khan has big bollocks, no doubt....if he was fightin some other brit fighter you would all be moanin, he is fightin a genuine atg, who may be past his best, but surekly should be viewed as a threat to any fighter at khans stage of development...??....the kid cant win on here it seems..
bigG is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #53
johnp
Reject
ESB Full Member

Khan is damned if he takes on big names and damned if he doesn't, typical British attitude. Build him up to knock him down.
johnp is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2009, 11:04 AM   #54
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrminator View Post
But Hopkins wasnt sent to sleep in less than a minute.

I think people are just fed up with the way all of Khans opponents come with a twist. They're either too old or too light or both. Prescott was the only fighter on his resume who was young and a natural lightweight. Make of that what you will.
He got a load of stick for fighting him as well, until he knocked Khan out.

As has been gone over elsewhere: it took the likes of Hatton, and Calzaghe 23 fights to fight for the WBU or WBO belt - both were in their mid to late 20s as well. Khan has had 20 fights and is only 22. Fighting even this version of MAB is a faster career progression then either Hatton or Calzaghe.

MAB has only lost to Pac, and JMM in recent history - and Khan is an underdog. Personally I don't think all the stick he is getting is fair.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #55
BadJuju83
Bolivian
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Barrera is only the latest in a long line of legends who have gone down this route and who will eventually lose to someone who wouldn't have lived with them in their absolute prime, it is the nature of boxing. A lad that I know from the village I'm from got a call one day when he was decorating his old mans front room telling him to jump on a plane because he was going to fight Roberto Duran. Amir Khan is a much more legitimate opponent for Barrera than David Radford was for Duran.

This forum is chock full of people who really know what they are talking about but occasionally some of you really get on my tits. Khan was ragged mercilessly for only taking on cans despite the fact that he was actually facing the level of opposition that you would expect a man at that stage of his career to be facing. Now he is going to step into the ring against a man who will be odds on to win, (MAB is not shot and only 12 months on from a decent performance against the p4p kingpin) and some of you are still ****ing bitching. I think that this is a brave move by Khan and Roach and should be respected as such...there are just too many people on here who would hate regardless of what Khan does or does not do and then try to wrap that hate up into a rational argument.

Quality post
BadJuju83 is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2009, 01:43 AM   #56
p.Townend
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

It should be Barerra Khan.Anyone saying Amir has done nothing to deserve to share a ring with the great man is right.But no way is Marco being pushed into the fight,surely he dont need the money so he must feel he can win.
p.Townend is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum