sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did Roy Jones do weights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab2333
prove the steroids thing. He has incredible genetics and with weights
He failed a test.....against Richard Hall. Only reason its not more talked about is because Hall tested positive too.

Heres the link...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Listen, I love Jones. One of my alltime favs. But he did juice up and got caught.

So to answer the original question, its a little of all three....genetics, incredible weight training regimine and roids.

sues2nd is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2007, 12:27 AM   #32
Kostya Zoo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evisceration
I've been telling people for a long time. Read up on steroids, they do a lot more than merely the mythical "pump you up". They increase your endurance, your punch resistance, they increase EVERYTHING. Obviously after going UP to heavyweight Jones couldn't be on steroids because he had to LOSE weight rather than gain it to go back down to face Tarver. So Roid Jones might have gone off roids for the first time in a long time to get down to Tarver. And what happens during his first time without Roids?

Wow that was always my take on it.
Kostya Zoo is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2007, 12:46 AM   #33
joe namath's gin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1552

juice...
joe namath's gin is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2007, 12:52 AM   #34
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I've been telling people for a long time. Read up on steroids, they do a lot more than merely the mythical "pump you up". They increase your endurance, your punch resistance, they increase EVERYTHING. Obviously after going UP to heavyweight Jones couldn't be on steroids because he had to LOSE weight rather than gain it to go back down to face Tarver. So Roid Jones might have gone off roids for the first time in a long time to get down to Tarver. And what happens during his first time without Roids?

Well put.

Superman became Clark Kent, fell down, went 'boom.'
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2007, 01:25 AM   #35
Carlos Primera
Martinez is a badman
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

he lookes like he did cause of roids
Carlos Primera is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2007, 01:34 AM   #36
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampley
As a Roy fan, I have to admit it's likely he did them at least at the beginning of this decade. I'd guess that around 2000, when he hit his 30s and became distracted by a bunch of non-boxing B.S., that's when he started diving in.

But as long as he didn't touch them when he was at 168, I'm OK with it. I'd just hate to think he was illegal in some way, because Jones at SMW was an ungodly force.
My take on this as well...what would have been the point of him juicing when he was barely making 160, and perfectly fit into 168? He the needed mass at 175/HW though.
Axe is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2007, 03:46 AM   #37
Mistadobalina
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

sold his soul to satan?
Mistadobalina is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2007, 04:51 AM   #38
surreal deal
Liverpool via Krypton
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by My dinner with Conteh
Weights and roids.
thats a load of anabolics.
surreal deal is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2007, 05:25 AM   #39
Senya13
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1210

Quote:

read it and weep you ****ing blind dumbass. That's only one of MANY sources.
It's been discussed before.
1) The thing he took (Ripped Fuel) was not banned back then. And it was not an anabolic steroid.
2) There's only test A, to be proven it requires test B.
3) There's also a version about andro, but it also wasn't banned substance back then, it only got included in more recent Act about banned substances.
Senya13 is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2007, 05:59 AM   #40
2smart4u
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senya13
It's been discussed before.
1) The thing he took (Ripped Fuel) was not banned back then. And it was not an anabolic steroid.
2) There's only test A, to be proven it requires test B.
3) There's also a version about andro, but it also wasn't banned substance back then, it only got included in more recent Act about banned substances.
So your stupid enough to beleive RIPPED FUEL ( a thermogenic mind you ) gave him 7 times his normal test levels ? he was juiced and on alot of JUICE for the RUIZ affair !
2smart4u is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2007, 06:05 AM   #41
Senya13
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
1) that's what he claimed - but the amount in his bloodstream is NOT consistent with the amounts found in an over-the-counter product like that. Jones is very clever - it's unlikely, even if that was the source, that he wasn't aware of its contents.
Amount of what, that question remained unanswered. What were the test for, what substances?

Quote:
2) that's true - but he also admitted taking steroids, so it doesn't need a second test - he just changed the context of the abuse.
He admitted to taking Ripped Fuel. He never admitted to taking any steroids. Ripped Fuel is not a steroid, and according to federal researches it doesn't give any advantages other than allowing to cut weight.
Senya13 is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2007, 06:23 AM   #42
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!
vCash: 300

Massive work ethic,
very good genetics..

One of the best boxers i ever saw in his prime.
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2007, 06:26 AM   #43
bigG
Contender
ESB Senior Member

your all quick to label holyfield a cheat on what is pretty idicting if totally unproven evidence.....yet here is evidence and the fighters own admission that he took steroids, yet no one is labeling him a cheat...great genetics, great work ethic blah blah blah...lets have a level playin field here guys....
bigG is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2007, 07:50 AM   #44
Senya13
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
1) It is stated, emphatically in the interviews with the tester, that Roy tested positive for steroids well above the acceptable limits. Acceptable limits are where there is a medical reason, like damaged muscle tissue and associated therapies.
1) There's no such thing as testing for steroids in general, you are looking for traces that this or that group of steroids leave in man's organism (blood or urine).
2) The author of the letter openly admitted to knowing next to nothing about steroids, she was asked to write a letter and she did, she clearly doesn't have any idea that there are banned substances out there that are not steroids.

Quote:
2) Ripped Fuel does not just "cut weight" - it's a muscle enhancement treatment - used to build muscle mass in preference to fat.
From TwinLab site:
Quote:
Twinlab’s Ripped Fuel ... is geared towards people who are looking to reduce fat and promote lean muscle mass.
It is not intended to build muscle mass. The one he took was most probably with Ephedra (which was not banned back then). Federal-sponsored labs that studied Ephedra-based stuff found no evidence that it gives any advantages other than quicker loss of weight, no endurance enhancement, no muscle-building improvement, nothing.

Quote:
Maybe Roy learnt his lesson, but look at how his responses changed following the Ruiz fight - that wasn't just weight loss, there was something more.
For Ruiz fight he used Mackie Shilstone's help (his methods are completely legal and are explained at his site), to cut weight for Tarver I he did it without Shilstone's help, the hard way, which he regreted doing.
Senya13 is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2007, 02:48 PM   #45
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Genetics. His aesthetics are genetics. He says he didn't do weights until heavyweight.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum