Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2009, 10:20 AM   #1
shommel
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,060
vCash: 1000
Default mancini vs zivic

any thoughts on this one? even though ray was a light weight and fritzie was a welter if they were both the same whats the outcome?
shommel is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Sea of Tranquility
Posts: 13,246
vCash: 1000
Default Re: mancini vs zivic

Zivic would put Mancini through the mill and do everything in the books to him in winning a decision over 15. Ray wouldnt be in Fritzie's class at all, and it would be a cruel punishment for him to even be matched with Zivic. A bad matchup for Boom Boom.
red cobra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:50 AM   #3
Chinxkid
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Madison Square Garden
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: mancini vs zivic

Quote:
Originally Posted by red cobra View Post
Zivic would put Mancini through the mill and do everything in the books to him in winning a decision over 15. Ray wouldnt be in Fritzie's class at all, and it would be a cruel punishment for him to even be matched with Zivic. A bad matchup for Boom Boom.
Agreed. Those bells you hear aren't coming from ringside, they're a reminder that school is now in session ...
Chinxkid is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:08 AM   #4
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Sea of Tranquility
Posts: 13,246
vCash: 1000
Default Re: mancini vs zivic

Guys like Zivic wouldn't fare too well in this day and age due to squeamish, panicky refs who would have probably disqualified poor Fritzie if he did his thing today.
red cobra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:13 AM   #5
Chinxkid
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Madison Square Garden
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: mancini vs zivic

Someone could get sued
Chinxkid is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:29 PM   #6
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Garden Of England
Posts: 22,284
vCash: 1000
Default Re: mancini vs zivic

Quote:
Originally Posted by red cobra View Post
Guys like Zivic wouldn't fare too well in this day and age due to squeamish, panicky refs who would have probably disqualified poor Fritzie if he did his thing today.
Zivic was NEVER DISQUALIFIED!
He would take Mancini ,to school ,Mancini was a protected Champ who lost to the better guys he met .Zivic came from the hard school and fought them all.
mcvey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
ThinBlack
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,384
vCash: 1000
Default Re: mancini vs zivic

If it was a fair matchup, Mancini has a chance,but Fritzie would use every trick in the book to let Ray know who was the boss in winning a lopsided decision.
ThinBlack is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #8
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,697
vCash: 1166
Default Re: mancini vs zivic

At his best and with a referee from 40īs...Zivic clearly....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #9
Joe E
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Detroit,Mi.
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 1000
Default Re: mancini vs zivic

As peviously stated, Zivic takes Mancini to School.
Joe E is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #10
greynotsoold
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,007
vCash: 500
Default Re: mancini vs zivic

There was a lot more to Zivic than questionable tactics; he was a very very good boxer. He held a win over Burley and gave Robinson two of his toughest fights, was 2-1 against Armstrong.
If they fought in 1940, 1983, or today, with Mancini's mom as the referee, Zivic would beat him and stop in 6-8 rounds, max.
greynotsoold is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #11
burt bienstock
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,855
vCash: 500
Default Re: mancini vs zivic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
There was a lot more to Zivic than questionable tactics; he was a very very good boxer. He held a win over Burley and gave Robinson two of his toughest fights, was 2-1 against Armstrong.
If they fought in 1940, 1983, or today, with Mancini's mom as the referee, Zivic would beat him and stop in 6-8 rounds, max.
Fritzie Zivic would cut the game Mancini to ribbons . Different class of fighter...Fritzie Zivic was a wily old mean cuss, who I saw once in MSG,when he outfoxed a tremendous unbeaten puncher from Philly named Billy Arnold. Arnold in about 46 fights flattened almost all of his opponents
and was called " the new joe Louis". Well the faded 32 year old Zivic gave the youngster a boxing lesson in 1945...No contest between a prime Fritzie Zivic who stopped Henry Armstrong and any version of Ray Mancini...
burt bienstock is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #12
Surf-Bat
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,123
vCash: 500
Default Re: mancini vs zivic

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt bienstock View Post
Fritzie Zivic would cut the game Mancini to ribbons . Different class of fighter...Fritzie Zivic was a wily old mean cuss, who I saw once in MSG,when he outfoxed a tremendous unbeaten puncher from Philly named Billy Arnold. Arnold in about 46 fights flattened almost all of his opponents
and was called " the new joe Louis". Well the faded 32 year old Zivic gave the youngster a boxing lesson in 1945...No contest between a prime Fritzie Zivic who stopped Henry Armstrong and any version of Ray Mancini...
This and what McVey posted. Anyone who would sanction this slaughterhouse donnybrook should be arrested. Zivic would tear him to pieces. Ray is game and makes a tough fight of it in the early rounds, but by mid-rounds Fritzie's jab, crisp counters and ripping uppercuts begin to turn Mancini's face into hamburger. A gory, blood soaked fight with Boom Boom providing the claret.

Zivic tko 9 Mancini.
Surf-Bat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013