Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-22-2007, 03:03 PM   #1
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1117
Default Bernard Dunne v Reidar Walstad(free stream Tonight/Today)

Tonight Bernard Dunne defends his European Super-Bantamweight title against Reidar Walstad who beat Dunne in the amateurs .

As usual the fight is being televised on RTE , who as always have a stream for the fight(which can be viewed anywhere) . It'll be available from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] at 21:30(Irish time , which is the same as the UK) .

The stream will be showing all of what is televised so will be including the undercard , which is pretty poor to be honest . Wayne McCullough pulled out as he wasn't 'focused' due to a delay with getting an opponent so the main fight on the undercard is now Neil Sinclair v Francis Jones .

Other fights are Oisin Fagan v Chill John , Fagan lost a SD to Paul Spadafora recently .

Hungarian/Pole Lukasz Wawrzyczek is also on the card , he seems real quality and will get to at least European level for me , However does seem to seriously lack power though . He's fighting Ciarán Healy .

Some of the other fights on the bill may get highlights of them shown depednding on results but none of the fights left are of real interest .

Wayne McCullough still plans on a comeback and for the first time has challenged Dunne , so if Dunne beats Walstad and then beats his mandatory Kiko Martinez , then that'll probably take place .

3 weeks from tomorrow John Duddy is fighting in Ireland and his fight will also be on RTE so presumely will have a stream too . He's fighting a fairly overmatched opponent for his homecoming though .

Video Interviews with Dunne and Walstad can be seen here :[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] .

Last edited by BigEars; 06-23-2007 at 02:53 PM.
BigEars is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2007, 04:41 PM   #2
Hawks28
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1700
Default Re: Bernard Dunne v Reidar Walstad(free stream for tomorrow night)

thanks for the heads up. I watched Dunnes last fight online too. If Im home tomorrow I'll catch it. perhaps within a year or so, he will fight the man in my avatar.
Hawks28 is offline  Top
Old 06-22-2007, 04:58 PM   #3
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks28
thanks for the heads up. I watched Dunnes last fight online too. If Im home tomorrow I'll catch it. perhaps within a year or so, he will fight the man in my avatar.
There's no doubt that when Dunne is pushed towards a world title it will be against Molitor . I think Dunne's camp are wary of putting him in with a big hitter like Ponce De Leon or R.Marquez and although Molitor is a fantastic boxer they probably see that as the best chance of a World title . Despite Molitor scoring a few more stoppages of late I'm not completely convinced he really hits that hard now . I think Dunne might be able to use his size advantage to win rounds against Molitor , which is something Michael Hunter wasn't able to do , or rather chose not to do . However Dunne is on a completely different level to Hunter and is much more technically gifted .

If that doesn't work , then Dunne will simply have to out man and out gun him on the inside . Which I think could be a possibility if Dunne can take Molitor's shots well and I think he can .

But anyway Dunne has to get through Walstad , Martinez and McCullough first and that is easier said than done . But if he is to be up to World level it's not only something he should do but he should look good doing it .

If Dunne was to come through those 3 a fight with Molitor could very well happen in the first half of next year . I'd have Molitor a 55/45 favourite at the minute but hopefully Dunne can show improvement in the near future and show he could be a little bit special .
Old 06-22-2007, 05:18 PM   #4
Hawks28
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1700

am I wrong or was Dunne originally supposed to fight Martinez in tomorrows fight? I could have sworn that was going to be his next fight.

anyway, Molitor still has to win his mandatory against N'Dlovu on July 14th before thinking about a fight against Dunne. should be a tough fight, as the south african fighter is supposed to be quite good and much better than Hunter. I will likely attend that fight live.

I also think that Molitor would be the favourite against Dunne right now, but that is a very interesting fight that I would love to see. I know that Steve would really love to face Ponce De Leon. He thinks PDL is shit, and that he would beat him easily. Here are some of his comments on PDL(after watching the Penalosa fight):

“I’d knock the ponytail right off his head,” Molitor (23-0, 9 KO’s) said of Ponce De Leon.

“He feasts on older guys in lower weight classes, and when he finally steps up against a real 122 lb. fighter in his prime like (current WBA Super Bantamweight champ Celestino) Caballero, he gets his ass handed to him.”

“It’s kind of disappointing that a company like Golden Boy, with its roster of great champions, would go ahead and represent a piece of shit fighter like that.”

“He’s just a joke to watch.”

full article: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Hawks28 is offline  Top
Old 06-22-2007, 06:17 PM   #5
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks28
am I wrong or was Dunne originally supposed to fight Martinez in tomorrows fight? I could have sworn that was going to be his next fight.

anyway, Molitor still has to win his mandatory against N'Dlovu on July 14th before thinking about a fight against Dunne. should be a tough fight, as the south african fighter is supposed to be quite good and much better than Hunter. I will likely attend that fight live.

I also think that Molitor would be the favourite against Dunne right now, but that is a very interesting fight that I would love to see. I know that Steve would really love to face Ponce De Leon. He thinks PDL is shit, and that he would beat him easily. Here are some of his comments on PDL(after watching the Penalosa fight):

Id knock the ponytail right off his head, Molitor (23-0, 9 KOs) said of Ponce De Leon.

He feasts on older guys in lower weight classes, and when he finally steps up against a real 122 lb. fighter in his prime like (current WBA Super Bantamweight champ Celestino) Caballero, he gets his ass handed to him.

Its kind of disappointing that a company like Golden Boy, with its roster of great champions, would go ahead and represent a piece of shit fighter like that.

Hes just a joke to watch.

full article: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Molitor would box his ears off imo , once Ponce De Leon doesn't catch him with a big one he'd win easy imo . All he has is that punch and workrate but he's extremely crude . I think the reason Dunne's camp don't want to go with Ponce De Leon is Dunne could outbox him for 9/10/11 rounds and then bang........Ponce pulls out a big punch and knocks him out .

Martinez was meant to be next but I guess his camp either didn't want the fight now(he is still very inexperienced) or Brian Peters(Dunne's promoter) got dispensation from the EBU for another voluntary first .

I'm aware that Molitor has a tough fight with the South African , but I reckon he'll beat Ndlovu by decision .
Old 06-23-2007, 09:00 AM   #6
ayala
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

dunne should fight Mike Oliver.Oliver speed is unbelieveable
ayala is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 11:50 AM   #7
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayala
dunne should fight Mike Oliver.Oliver speed is unbelieveable
Wasn't he very lucky to win a decision over Gary Stark jnr ?

Oliver is fighting Cruz Carbajal in an IBF eliminator next month anyway so that should give us an indication of his quality .
Old 06-23-2007, 04:21 PM   #8
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Bernard Dunne v Reidar Walstad(free stream Tonight/Today)

Just a final reminder , that streaming starts in 8 mins . The main fight won't be on for about another 2 hours .
Old 06-23-2007, 05:28 PM   #9
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Francis Jones stops Neil Sinclair in 5 . Sinclair was winning the fight but gassed and was finnished off by a shot similar to the one that put Nigel Benn out of the ring against McClellan .

Dunne should be on in 15 mins or so .
Old 06-23-2007, 05:39 PM   #10
puca
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 697

Big ears am stuck at work cant get the stream up.Any chance of a rd by rd or just updates every now and again.Cheers
puca is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 06:00 PM   #11
KillerInstinct
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Let's see what this Dunne kid has.

He landed some nice shots on this Walstad fellow in the first round.
KillerInstinct is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 06:05 PM   #12
PrideOfWales
Winston Zedmore
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

That jab is hurting the Russian
PrideOfWales is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 06:09 PM   #13
KillerInstinct
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideOfWales
That jab is hurting the Russian
I think Walstad is Norwegian, that's what the announcer said.

Anyway, Dunne has pretty nice speed and combinations. I don't like how he sometimes keeps his hands too low but other than that, he looks pretty good.
KillerInstinct is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 06:13 PM   #14
PrideOfWales
Winston Zedmore
East Side Guru

His hands are far too low - he should never be getting hit by the Norwegian! Doesn't have a great deal of power though.
PrideOfWales is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 06:20 PM   #15
BlueApollo
Champion
East Side Guru

Great body work from Dunne in the sixth.
BlueApollo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum