Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2009, 04:56 PM   #1
boxingmegafan92
The Destroyer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 66
vCash: 1000
Default I want to ask a newbie question! Can someone tell me your opinion!!!

I just had a sparring session with a friend of mine( he is an amateur boxer with a record of 25-3-0 (22KO's)) i just train with the heavy bag and the speed bag but im going to start going to a boxing gym here in ponce... we make an agreement to fight , he could hit but i just can dodge, i cant hit him... most people say he is a huge puncher... im not that great as a defensive boxer so he hit with more than 200 or 300 punches in 12 rounds more than a hundred landed flush on my chin. Im being honest, not a single punch made me flinch or wooble.. people were amaze in the gym ... My brother told me Man U just took a fu**** beating and you didnt move...does that mean I have a good chin? Please tell me!!!!
boxingmegafan92 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,767
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I want to ask a newbie question! Can someone tell me your opinion!!!

Something tells me you're born in '92, and the guy fought juniors.

22 knockouts is impressive for the amatuers nontheless, and who let you go 12 rounds as an amatuer taking punishment?
MrMagic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 04:59 PM   #3
Felix Sanchez
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Manchester
Posts: 297
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I want to ask a newbie question! Can someone tell me your opinion!!!

I suspect you may have brain damage though.
Felix Sanchez is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 04:59 PM   #4
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I want to ask a newbie question! Can someone tell me your opinion!!!

Yep, you da man.
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:00 PM   #5
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,767
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I want to ask a newbie question! Can someone tell me your opinion!!!

Your trainer should get suspended for letting you go 12 rounds with a kid landing hundreds of punches in your face.

Probably not a learning experience, you just got a whoopin'
MrMagic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:05 PM   #6
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Hague
Posts: 4,397
vCash: 4511
Default Re: I want to ask a newbie question! Can someone tell me your opinion!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingmegafan92 View Post
I just had a sparring session with a friend of mine( he is an amateur boxer with a record of 25-3-0 (22KO's)) i just train with the heavy bag and the speed bag but im going to start going to a boxing gym here in ponce... we make an agreement to fight , he could hit but i just can dodge, i cant hit him... most people say he is a huge puncher... im not that great as a defensive boxer so he hit with more than 200 or 300 punches in 12 rounds more than a hundred landed flush on my chin. Im being honest, not a single punch made me flinch or wooble.. people were amaze in the gym ... My brother told me Man U just took a fu**** beating and you didnt move...does that mean I have a good chin? Please tell me!!!!
How the hell were you able to ''spar'' 12 rounds when the only training you did untill that sparring session was heavy bag- and speed bag work?
Where did you develop that stamina of you than??

Seriously, I think you're fooling us

If it is true and you did take 100 flush punches from a guy with 22 ko's out of 25 fights you indeed have a kind of solid chin amigo.
boxeo#1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:10 PM   #7
boxingmegafan92
The Destroyer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 66
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I want to ask a newbie question! Can someone tell me your opinion!!!

It has been 2 hours after the fight i feel pretty okay no headache no nothing just a little bit of pain on my back due to an accidental rabbit punch.. my trainer got a warning from the personel of the gym... I just came from another gym and he wanted to test my chin... i know he made a mistake but sure i will have a rematch after my preparation.. people in the gym says that i have a lot of potential, i dont know if its true but the owner of the gym who is a trainer itself told me that it has being a long time since a warrior like me enter the ring so he is going to be my new trainer.... Im a humble person Im proud of what he told me but im not rubbing it into others i dont like that shit... opinions
boxingmegafan92 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:10 PM   #8
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: section 8
Posts: 11,449
vCash: 107
Default Re: I want to ask a newbie question! Can someone tell me your opinion!!!

looking at your friends record i'd say maybe yea, you have a good chin, but there's a good case he could of taken it easy on you since your a begginer so you can get alittle more into boxing, like a feeling out process, so you can learn how to move around the ring, dodge or roll a punch here and there to the head and body and then he might of put some more pressure on you as the rounds go by. let us know how you and your friend have progressed in the future
elchivito is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:11 PM   #9
boxingmegafan92
The Destroyer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 66
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I want to ask a newbie question! Can someone tell me your opinion!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxeo#1 View Post
How the hell were you able to ''spar'' 12 rounds when the only training you did untill that sparring session was heavy bag- and speed bag work?
Where did you develop that stamina of you than??

Seriously, I think you're fooling us

If it is true and you did take 100 flush punches from a guy with 22 ko's out of 25 fights you indeed have a kind of solid chin amigo.

Irun everyday 1 to two hours i have been training since a long time more than two years now
boxingmegafan92 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:14 PM   #10
boxingmegafan92
The Destroyer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 66
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I want to ask a newbie question! Can someone tell me your opinion!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchivito View Post
looking at your friends record i'd say maybe yea, you have a good chin, but there's a good case he could of taken it easy on you since your a begginer so you can get alittle more into boxing, like a feeling out process, so you can learn how to move around the ring, dodge or roll a punch here and there to the head and body and then he might of put some more pressure on you as the rounds go by. let us know how you and your friend have progressed in the future
My trainer told me that i'm gonna take a while to develop more that half of a year ,, I love boxing, it my passion i would like to be in the big leagues but only god can help me... sure i will let you all know how has been my new career
boxingmegafan92 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:18 PM   #11
heart
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 529
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I want to ask a newbie question! Can someone tell me your opinion!!!

maybe you should be asking how the **** you could go for 12 rounds when you've never boxed. i smell bullshit.
heart is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:18 PM   #12
boxingmegafan92
The Destroyer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 66
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I want to ask a newbie question! Can someone tell me your opinion!!!

I dont want people to beleive that I"m trying to fool them really.. Its just curiosity... I got to be honest with you I didnt count the punches its just an aproximate mayber there more or less... i really want to know experienced people in this to know what are there thoughts.. I'm seriously thinking about dedicating my whole life to the sport but i also dont make an unreversible errror
boxingmegafan92 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:21 PM   #13
boxingmegafan92
The Destroyer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 66
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I want to ask a newbie question! Can someone tell me your opinion!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart View Post
maybe you should be asking how the **** you could go for 12 rounds when you've never boxed. i smell bullshit.
Man i ****ing run everytime everyday... it's not that difficult when you are developed in cardio since 13... man next time im going to take a ****ing video so people can beleive me..
boxingmegafan92 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:28 PM   #14
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,767
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I want to ask a newbie question! Can someone tell me your opinion!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingmegafan92 View Post
Man i ****ing run everytime everyday... it's not that difficult when you are developed in cardio since 13... man next time im going to take a ****ing video so people can beleive me..
It is difficult, a long distant runner couldn't just jump in and do 12 rounds.

It's a whole different matter when you've got a guy in front of you trying to take your head off. You're going to be naturally tense (and if you say you weren't then you're talking smack).

I have a very hard time seeing you go 12 rounds, they don't even let full- time professional fighters do 12 rounds in the gym if it isn't a few weeks before a 12 round fight. I can't see how a kid of 16-17 years of age gets the green light on doing 12 HARD rounds.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:34 PM   #15
boxingmegafan92
The Destroyer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 66
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I want to ask a newbie question! Can someone tell me your opinion!!!

Now im ****ing scared man should i get out of the gym I have seen many fighters going twelve does the gym have to do with something or what?
boxingmegafan92 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013