Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 01-24-2009, 05:36 PM   #16
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I want to ask a newbie question! Can someone tell me your opinion!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingmegafan92 View Post
Now im ****ing scared man should i get out of the gym I have seen many fighters going twelve does the gym have to do with something or what?
Somehow I find that hard to believe, they don't even let elite fighters do that in the gym if it's not for a fight. Why would you go 12 rounds when you can only go 4 in the amatuers? It just does not make sense.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2009, 05:36 PM   #17
boxingmegafan92
The Destroyer

Default Re: I want to ask a newbie question! Can someone tell me your opinion!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
It is difficult, a long distant runner couldn't just jump in and do 12 rounds.

It's a whole different matter when you've got a guy in front of you trying to take your head off. You're going to be naturally tense (and if you say you weren't then you're talking smack).

I have a very hard time seeing you go 12 rounds, they don't even let full- time professional fighters do 12 rounds in the gym if it isn't a few weeks before a 12 round fight. I can't see how a kid of 16-17 years of age gets the green light on doing 12 HARD rounds.
Obviously man i was really tense because I wasnt expecting it, and i wasnt fresh either after the fight.. maybe from the seventh round i went going backwards and loosing footwork... also my lateral movement sucked as **** in the final rounds and my shoulders were really burning... thats why I'm asking so I can go to a place to have proper training I dont know nothing about training for boxers... At the moment I thought it wasnt the best thing but i go beacuse my trainern told thanx for your help Mr Magic at least you do consider I'm new into this thak you very much...
boxingmegafan92 is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2009, 05:38 PM   #18
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

Quote:
Obviously man i was really tense because I wasnt expecting them, and i wasnt fresh either after the fight.. maybe from the seventh round i went going backwards and loosing footwork... also my lateral movement sucked as **** in the final rounds and my shoulders were really burning
You are obviously not ready to spar 12 rounds (nothing wrong with that... only seasoned fighters that have a fight upcoming should be).

You should seriously consider leaving that gym and join another one, taking hundreds of punches flush and having the green light to go on for 12 rounds is not wise. You will end up with brain damage.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2009, 05:43 PM   #19
boxingmegafan92
The Destroyer

Quote:
Somehow I find that hard to believe, they don't even let elite fighters do that in the gym if it's not for a fight. Why would you go 12 rounds when you can only go 4 in the amatuers? It just does not make sense.
At the moment I didnt knew but thanx for your advices, is a small place I dont know if its accepted by a boxing comission I just went looking for an other place because the other gym membership was to costly.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:47 PM   #20
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

Quote:
At the moment I didnt knew but thanx for your advices, is a small place I dont know if its accepted by a boxing comission I just went looking for an other place because the other gym membership was to costly.
It was courageous from you to go 12 rounds with an experienced powerpuncher. Let it be a learning experience, you were there to be a punching bag (not good).. join another gym, you can't really set a price on health. Keep your health and bang a few more bucks on another gym, find a good trainer to take you under his wing and you will learn how to box properly.

I really hope you find another gym, go to another gym and tell your story and I hope that they wanna close up that gym you went to
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2009, 05:51 PM   #21
boxingmegafan92
The Destroyer

Quote:
It was courageous from you to go 12 rounds with an experienced powerpuncher. Let it be a learning experience, you were there to be a punching bag (not good).. join another gym, you can't really set a price on health. Keep your health and bang a few more bucks on another gym, find a good trainer to take you under his wing and you will learn how to box properly.

I really hope you find another gym, go to another gym and tell your story and I hope that they wanna close up that gym you went to
I know another one so I will go there from now on ,thanx for your knowledge you really open my eyes, my life definetaly is more important than money I have got to make a little effort to pay more so i can enjoy life
Old 01-24-2009, 05:53 PM   #22
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

Quote:
I know another one so I will go there from now on ,thanx for your knowledge you really open my eyes, my life definetaly is more important than money I have got to make a little effort to pay more so i can enjoy life
Good
And keep us updated on your progress, I'm sure you will have good success in the amatuers if you have such stamina and a helluva chin
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2009, 06:42 PM   #23
tri-pod
Balls
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 123

so let me get this straight.
you only box on the heavy and speed bag
you only run 1 to 2 hours.
you spar a guy who has 25 wins an d3 loses 22 of which is by knockout
and you did it for 12 rounds taking 100 punches to the face
no this did not happen. you just waisted your time posting shit.

what was your trainer just sitting there in the corner counting how many times you get blasted?
tri-pod is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2009, 01:03 AM   #24
The Predator
Contender
ESB Senior Member

to go 12 rounds is not easy. I have been in boxing for 26 years, still training and train others. I have done 12 rounds several times and it is hard, to be honest itīs so hard that if I miss one week of training I couldnīt manage it, okay I could stand there for the last six rounds, but that wouldnīt be real 12 rounds workout and if my oponent wouldnīt let me stay there and "rest" I would be out of that ring.
I would never ever let anyone fresh or amateur go 12 rounds in that way you describe. First of all there is no reason to do it for an amateur, if you want to try it out for fun that is another reason but you should keep it at a level as light sparring, what you describe is stupidity by your trainer, if he sees what happens he should have stopped it, another man who acts stupid in this situation is the guy you sparred with, he is much more experienced than you are, he shouldnīt take liberties. He acted like a bully in my opinion. Leave that gym and find a serious one.
Best of luck.
The predator
The Predator is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2009, 04:25 PM   #25
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987

It means you made it up.
TommyV is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2009, 04:47 AM   #26
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

I dont understand what the trainers were expecting to get from you after say the 3rd round..

By the sounds of things you were copping plenty of shots each round.

I remember the first time i sparred,they put me in with a bloke with a decent record(like 10 fights 6-7wins)...I went alright but then started taking more shots by rd 3...I was taking them fine but still my trainers had the common sense to realise this aint a championship fight and said that was enough...

After some advice and encouraging words from the trainers i had a shower and went home to fight another day...

I have been around a gym for nearly 10years and am yet to see a bloke thats never stepped in the ring, spar(and take a beating) for 12 rounds from a bloke with over 20plus wins..

This whole thread is nuts...
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2009, 07:40 AM   #27
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

This thread smells like bullshit. And if it happens to be a true bullshit story, it smells like terrible coaching.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2009, 08:29 AM   #28
aj415
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
This thread smells like bullshit. And if it happens to be a true bullshit story, it smells like terrible coaching.
Agreed, probably some Lounge Rat's alias trying to stir up the pot.
aj415 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2009, 01:58 PM   #29
younghypnotiq
Belt holder
ESB Addict

y the **** wud U the person with no training not be throwing punches and jsut avoiding. it shud be otehr way around wtf.
younghypnotiq is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2009, 02:18 PM   #30
jase hill
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Ridiculous, pure bollocks. I have been in boxing 23 years and that is the biggest load of bollock I have ever read
jase hill is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing