Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 08-15-2007, 10:59 PM   #1
teetop
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default How good is denis inkin?

I'm an american who takes keen interest in the sport globally, and I've seen russian denis inkin rise up the rankings nonstop. His KO of veit was
brutal. Has anyone any clips besides the one on youtube.com of his fights? If so i'd appreciate them.
teetop is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2007, 08:53 AM   #2
rumour24tiger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: How good is denis inkin?

Inkin's the truth. Perhaps the most well schooled top contender out there. When the WBO title becomes vacant he'll likely fight Froch in Germany and outskill him.
rumour24tiger is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2007, 11:06 AM   #3
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

Odo will of course tell you he is the best thing since sliced bread but the truth is, Inkin is okay, but imo can't hang with the top guys. He is Top 10 but that's it. He didn't look entirely convincing against Veit which is probably his best win. If Veit could take a punch he would have had a good chance to win that fight. I would favour him over some pretenders like Mundine and Froch though.
NBT is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2007, 02:07 AM   #4
rumour24tiger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Inkin's a learning fighter and he improves with each fight. He got hurt vs Veit but came back to force a stoppage. This was his step up fight. Guess what? Calzaghe was shaken in the 2nd fight and came back to stop Veit - a huge super middleweight with massive reach - in the middle rounds. Inkin's performance is comparable to the #1 super middle's vs the same man.

He's a terrifically well schooled pressure fighter with an excellent array of punches. He will go far.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:28 AM   #5
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT
Odo will of course tell you he is the best thing since sliced bread but the truth is, Inkin is okay, but imo can't hang with the top guys. He is Top 10 but that's it. He didn't look entirely convincing against Veit which is probably his best win. If Veit could take a punch he would have had a good chance to win that fight. I would favour him over some pretenders like Mundine and Froch though.
NBT,my ghost writer,reader of my thoughts,soul mate,aventurerer of my heart,I am surprised how well you are familiar with my future posts!

"Inkin is okay,but in cant hang with the top guys"
Who are the top guys in your opinion apart from Kessler and Calzaghe?
"He didnt look entirely convincing against Veit"
Hey,it does not matter who well a fighter has performed there will be always guys like you who will find a fly in the ointment.
He knocked out Veit.He dominated their encounter.What else do you expect?
Veit is no bum,but a very decent and capable supermiddle.Got my point?
"you would favour him over some pretenders like Mundine and Froch though"
Interesting statement,nbt!
Who are your top 10 fighters at supermiddle?

Last edited by Hrak; 05-06-2006 at 04:28 AM.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2007, 07:32 AM   #6
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetop
I'm an american who takes keen interest in the sport globally, and I've seen russian denis inkin rise up the rankings nonstop. His KO of veit was
brutal. Has anyone any clips besides the one on youtube.com of his fights? If so i'd appreciate them.
Inkin is an excellent counterpuncher with pop in his fists and a very decent defence.
However,as soon as he is the one who has to chase his opponent he starts to make errors inside the ring and tends to look quite vulnerable.
Styles make fights! Put him into the ring with a fighter-as good as he may be-who comes at him and you will see Inkin's foe in deep trouble!
Odo is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2007, 07:36 AM   #7
LeedsLad
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Inkin is an excellent counterpuncher with pop in his fists and a very decent defence.
However,as soon as he is the one who has to chase his opponent he starts to make errors inside the ring and tends to look quite vulnerable.
Styles make fights! Put him into the ring with a fighter-as good as he may be-who comes at him and you will see Inkin's foe in deep trouble!
Interesting, i havent seen much of him. How do you see him doing against Calzaghe, Kessler, Bute, Mundine and Froch? Most of those will apply educated pressure rather than just bombing forward all night.. how do you see him doing?
LeedsLad is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2007, 07:43 AM   #8
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeedsLad
Interesting, i havent seen much of him. How do you see him doing against Calzaghe, Kessler, Bute, Mundine and Froch? Most of those will apply educated pressure rather than just bombing forward all night.. how do you see him doing?

Probably you have already noticed that I am not sold on Froch,and dont hold him in high regard.
The Brit is a good fighter,but no real top gun IMO.Inkin would easily outbox him or stop him.
Mundine? Hm! I would bet my money on Inkin,but the Aussie for sure would have his moments,too.
Kessler? Joe? To tell you the truth I would favour both the Dane and the Brit against Inkin.Both Joe and Kessler are "intelligent " fighters who can adjust their fight according to the game plan.Of course Inkin has a puncher's chance against both top guns,but a ko victory doesnt sound very likely,does it!
On the other hand Joe had some problems with that arab from egypt whose name I have forgotten.That arab's style was a little bit similar to Inkin's one.
Well,I wouldnt bet any money on Inkin against Kessler and Calzaghe.
However,I would favour him against any other present supermiddle.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2007, 12:20 PM   #9
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1117

Kabary Salem is the guy you're thinking of and I don't think he really fights that much like Inkin .
BigEars is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2007, 10:16 PM   #10
scorpy
Veni, Vidi, Vici
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEars
Kabary Salem is the guy you're thinking of and I don't think he really fights that much like Inkin .
Yeah... I hope not for Inkin's sake.
scorpy is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2007, 05:40 AM   #11
rumour24tiger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Inkin knows how to box, unlike Salem. He actually HAS a style.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:32 AM   #12
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEars
Yep! Salem is the name! A very rough and dirty fighter whose akward style has posed problems to a lot of opponents.
Maybe I didnt express myself very cleary when stating that Salem's style is a little bit similar to Inkin's one,bigears.
Their styles are a little bit similar to each other inasmuch as they are difficult boxers to fight and quite slippery in the ring though they look easy to hit at first sight.
Very tough to look good against Salem or Inkin inside a box ring IMO.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2007, 11:45 AM   #13
tuna
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

[Yep! Salem is the name! A very rough and dirty fighter whose akward style has posed problems to a lot of opponents.]

Bute KO Salem in 8th round couple years ago, so his style did not cause him so much problems. Bute is the future of the SMW division. I've seen some Inkin's fights and I can say that Bute would outbox him quite easily. He would be too speedy for Inkin. For now, Bute will become the new IBF champ next October 11 in front of his fans in Montreal.
tuna is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2007, 04:23 PM   #14
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna
[Yep! Salem is the name! A very rough and dirty fighter whose akward style has posed problems to a lot of opponents.]

Bute KO Salem in 8th round couple years ago, so his style did not cause him so much problems. Bute is the future of the SMW division. I've seen some Inkin's fights and I can say that Bute would outbox him quite easily. He would be too speedy for Inkin. For now, Bute will become the new IBF champ next October 11 in front of his fans in Montreal.
Who knows ? Calzaghe -who is the undisputed nr.1 at present-did have some trouble with Salem.Styles make fights.
Bute may have had an easy time with Salem,but could be stopped by Joe within the very first round.Styles make fights.
And as for Inkin he is head and shoulders above the Arab in terms of firepower and skills.
I very much doubt that Bute would be able to outbox that excellent counterpuncher "quite easily".
By the way what do you think of Gennady Golovkin?
He fights at the paid ranks,too.
You know,Bute...........at the amateurs......
Odo is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2007, 04:53 PM   #15
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Denis Inkin is very promice fighter . He is one of the best in his divison . He wins one of the best prospect Jozsef Nagy .
Artani is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum