Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-29-2009, 03:36 AM   #1
Anenigma
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Berto wants Cotto

Apparently Berto is willing to take Margaritos place against Cotto in a unification.

This is actually a fight I would like to see, will be interesting to see how much the Marg loss has taken out of Cotto when he fights Jennings.
Anenigma is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2009, 04:00 AM   #2
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Berto wants Cotto

I get the feeling that the Jennings fight won't tell us either way. If Cotto is his usual self, he'll make Berto look silly.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2009, 06:35 AM   #3
Rise Above
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
I get the feeling that the Jennings fight won't tell us either way. If Cotto is his usual self, he'll make Berto look silly.
Agreed, unless the loss to Margarito has seriously affected Cotto then he should give Berto a boxing lesson.
Rise Above is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2009, 08:13 AM   #4
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Above View Post
Agreed, unless the loss to Margarito has seriously affected Cotto then he should give Berto a boxing lesson.
Yeah i expect cotto to comfortably beat Berto down if that fight happens.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2009, 10:47 AM   #5
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Berto is not in Cotto's class imo.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2009, 12:37 PM   #6
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Careful Young Berto , Cotto is a class above you .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2009, 05:44 PM   #7
Jambo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Awesome fight.

Berto is a tough opponent. I didn't think he looked that bad against Collazo at all, more so it just showed he needs to get some more experience fighting top level guys. THis would be an absolute c r a c k e r!!!!!

WAR COTTO!!!

BTW... Does anyone else feel bad for Cotto with all the stuff coming out about Margarito?

Fingers crossed Cotto still learned a lot from that fight, and gives away his ultra poor gameplan of running from corner to corner. Against both Mosley and Marg this did not work for him at all.
Jambo is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2009, 06:42 PM   #8
Anenigma
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I think people underestimate Collazo and everytime someone looks ordinary against him an excuse pops up, Berto would have gained a lot from that fight and won't be a walk over for Cotto but Cotto's underated jab will be the difference.
Anenigma is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2009, 06:45 PM   #9
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
Awesome fight.

Berto is a tough opponent. I didn't think he looked that bad against Collazo at all, more so it just showed he needs to get some more experience fighting top level guys. THis would be an absolute c r a c k e r!!!!!

WAR COTTO!!!

BTW... Does anyone else feel bad for Cotto with all the stuff coming out about Margarito?

Fingers crossed Cotto still learned a lot from that fight, and gives away his ultra poor gameplan of running from corner to corner. Against both Mosley and Marg this did not work for him at all.

NO!!!!!

Why would anyone? He hasnt been found guilty yet, and now all his previous fights are under question??? Give me a break!!
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2009, 06:50 PM   #10
Jambo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

NO!!!!!

Why would anyone? He hasnt been found guilty yet, and now all his previous fights are under question??? Give me a break!!
A few MAJOR newspapers in the US have put articles out regarding the material described as "plaster of paris" which has been found in his gloves.

Trust me, they wouldn't be doing something like that if it were unfounded, as it would leave them open to defamation suits left right and centre.

A lot of major boxing personalities like Manny Steward also have come out and said that YES it will make the entire boxing community question his biggest wins, especially his most recent one against Cotto.
Jambo is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2009, 06:53 PM   #11
Jambo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenigma View Post
I think people underestimate Collazo and everytime someone looks ordinary against him an excuse pops up, Berto would have gained a lot from that fight and won't be a walk over for Cotto but Cotto's underated jab will be the difference.
I think that i definitely underestimated him. Especially his ability to fight so well from the inside. Collazo is brilliant from this position. He out fought Hatton on the inside for most of their fight also, and Ricky is probably one of the best from this position in the sport.

Mosley did well, like Berto did also, when they kept him on the outside. Mosley however has much more experience, and managed to adapt much quicker than Berto did.

Anyway, agree with your assesment of the fight, Cotto will hopefully use that jab with regularity to find openings on Berto. Will be a very tough fight though IMO.
Jambo is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2009, 06:55 PM   #12
Bentchassis
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenigma View Post
Yeah im one of those still Berto still needs alot of work. Your right the Cotto jab is extremely effective as well. I just wonder what type of Cotto we're going to see next but his confidence may now be boosted with the Marg issue MAYBE being a factor in their fight.
Bentchassis is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2009, 07:04 PM   #13
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
A few MAJOR newspapers in the US have put articles out regarding the material described as "plaster of paris" which has been found in his gloves.

Trust me, they wouldn't be doing something like that if it were unfounded, as it would leave them open to defamation suits left right and centre.

A lot of major boxing personalities like Manny Steward also have come out and said that YES it will make the entire boxing community question his biggest wins, especially his most recent one against Cotto.

Dont be stupid Jambo, newspapers print lies all the time.

But if Tony is found guilty i wont be a fan of his anymore. Ill jump ship to Cotto maybe
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2009, 07:44 PM   #14
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960

Cotto will destroy jennings, then berto. Berto is a good tough fighter but he's not on the same level as Cotto or Mosley for that matter. I can see Cotto/Berto & Mosley/Clottey match ups being made for a winners unification, the rematch Cotto/Mosley for the undisputed 147 belts. Sounds good in theory anyway. One can only hope. It all makes sense.
roscoe is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2009, 08:10 PM   #15
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

Clottey vs Cotto is what i wanna see.
Marcus is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum